I Think I Need A Devil To Help Me Get Things Right

The File

I knocked on the door unsure if this was even the right address. I looked around the cute neighborhood in Chicago. I heard the door open and looked back relieved to see Rob.

“Cam,” he said surprised. I walked up hugging him tightly.

“Not really,” I whispered, but he didn’t hear me.

“I cant believe you are here come on in,” he said opening his door and letting me walk through. I smiled at his cute little one story house.

I turned around to say something, but stopped when I heard ‘Daddy’ being screamed from somewhere in this house. I turned around to see a cute little boy running in the room. I guessed he was about four. He ran over to Rob jumping in to his arms.

“Daddy?” I questioned. Rob nodded awkwardly.

“Ryan this is my friend Cam,” Rob said. I smiled at little Ryan.

“Hi,” I said friendly.

“Hi,” he muttered shyly.

“Lets go in the kitchen for a drink,’ Rob suggested. I nodded following him, carrying Ryan into the kitchen.

We sat talking in the kitchen and I quickly realized Ryan wasn’t shy at all.

“Want to see my room?” he asked jumping up and down in the kitchen chair.

“I would love to,” I said excitedly. Ryan jumped out of his chair.

“We’ll meet you in there buddy,” Rob said, just as Ryan had ran out of the room.

“I wish I had that much energy,” I muttered turning back to Rob, who looked slightly sad.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about him,” he said slowly. “I barely get to see him, his mother has full custody, she only lets me see him occasionally,’ he explained. I took his hand in mine.

“Trust me it’s ok, I’m glad I met him though,” I confessed. Rob smiled.

“He seems to love you,” Rob said.
“He’s a great kid,’ I said. Rob smiled nodded. I sighed realizing there was something I really wanted to say.

“Listen Rob, there is something big I haven’t told you,’ I said slowly. The tone in the room changed.

“Here it goes,” I said deciding to finally tell someone and get it off my chest. “My name isn’t Cam it’s Sam, Sam Barder, I work for the FBI and was assigned a case involving a horrible man who had it in for the band,” I took a breath before continuing.

“There is this man named Big Jon who is like obsessed with Matt’s fiancé and I have no idea what he is going to do. The whole time I knew you I was undercover trying to find out more info. I also happened to fall in love with Zacky in the process, and I just got fired that’s why I left even though I love him.

“I want to help protect them, but I cant if I’m fired and I’m afraid if I tell Zacky the truth he will hate for lying to him the whole time.” I finished taking another breath. “Kinda puts the whole you not telling me about Ryan thing into perspective.” I added.

Rob opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I could tell he was really surprised. He opened his mouth to talk again, but stop when Ryan stomped into the room.

“You old people are so slow,” he whined folding his little arms over his chest. I looked back at him smiling.

“We will be there soon hun,” I said sweetly. He sighed throwing his arms up in the air and leaving the room again.

I looked back to Rob who had a slightly confused look on his face.

“I don’t really know what to do with that information,” he mumbled placing his head in his hands. He looked up.

“Ok here is what’s up,” he said. “I’m not mad at lying because I understand why you had to, I don’t know what to say about Big Jon, but I hope you keep the band safe, because they are amazing people, especially Val,’ he said. I nodded.

‘Can I ask you something?” he asked taking my hand in his.

“Anything,” I answered.

“Do you really love Zacky?”

“Yeah,” I confessed. He nodded.

“Then what the hell are you doing here?” he asked. “You belong with him, and if he loves you like you love him, then he will forgive you,” he said. I smiled knowing Rob could always make me feel better.

“People,” Ryan yelled from his room. I laughed standing up.

“Let’s go before he explodes with excitement,” I said. Rob nodded following me.

“I’m going to miss you,” I said bending down and hugging Ryan.

“Me too, promise you will come back soon,” Ryan mumbled sadly.

“Are you kidding of course I’ll come back, I’m going to miss you both like crazy,” I said standing up and hugging Rob. They had escorted me to the airport.

“Last call for flight 820 to San Francisco,” The flight attendant said. Rob looked at me strange.

“San Francisco I thought you were going back to Zacky?” he asked. I nodded.

“I am, but I have to deal with something else first,” I said. He nodded and I hugged both of them one last time before boarding my flight.

I gave the San Francisco cab driver the address. I wasn’t bothering to go home first. I knew what I had to do. A few minutes later we pulled up to the FBI offices. I pulled Rob sweatshirt that he gave me over my head and put the hood up making it hard to see my face.

I walked up to the guard hoping he didn’t know I had quit yet. He recognized me and nodded. I sighed relived. I walked through with my head low. I didn’t want anyone to recognize me. I slithered in the shadows trying to avoid being seen.

I approached Adam’s office and frowned seeing he was in it. I sat behind a large plant waiting for him to leave.

One hour turned to two, which turned to three and it was four hours until Adam finally left the office for the night. I was happy to see him forget to lock the door. I waited till he had left the building before I stood out from the plant.

My legs hurt from sitting crunched up for so long. I walked into his office and for the first time in my life, I didn’t love it, it didn’t impress me, and I hoped this would be the last time I would ever be in it.

I walked over to his filling cabinet and opened it looking for the right file. I found one named ‘Big Jon’ and I figured that was the one I wanted. I opened it and read through the information, most of which I already knew.

I read down finding out the Jon had been buying guns, and explosives from the black market. I looked up angrily. The fucking psycho. Now way is he hurting the people I love.

“It’s war.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please COMMENT TOO