Status: Hiatus...for now

Life Like This

Road trip to Hell

My fingers raked the rickety frame, feeling each detail as it rubs against my finger-tips. I stare down at the picture, lost in awe. Memories clouded my mind, little specs of the ‘good old days’ scattered around. I was dazed in the painful memories, every little event replayed in my mind. There stood the 4 of us wearing smiles that went on for days, stretched on for miles, glimmered till eternity.

One by one tears glided down my face, every tear that escaped, ran past my lips giving me the taste of every salty water droplet. They kept coming, one after another, it was like it was that that day again, I can't muster back to reality; it was like I was taken to the past and stuck in the painful sorrow.

From the view of the small frame, a little piece of paper stuck out and caught my trance. Slowly I started to retrieve the mysterious letter, but the--

“What the fuck?” John walked into my room, quickly I covered the frame with my magazine and wiped the tears from my eyes

“What?” I asked coming back to life.

He looked through my duffel bag a sighed. “Why aren’t you packed?”

“Because I’m a procrastinator and like to wait till the last minute.” I said recovering, regaining my tough girl act.

He rolled his eyes and threw the duffel bag at me. “Get your lazy ass up and start packing; we’re leaving in about 2 hours. Get some sleep if you can, the ride’s not going to be comfortable.”

“Okay dad, now can you get out? I want to read this in peace.” He mumbled something and left my room, making sure to slam the door in the process.

I got off the bed and walked over to my closet. Not knowing what to pack, I took almost everything that could fit into my duffel bag. This just reminded me of Jenna Marble’s video on how girls pack, we pack everything; expect the unexpected.

~

“Wake up!” John shook me and I dug deeper into the pillow. “Get up or I’m leaving without you.”

I groaned and flipped him off. “Shut up.”

“Get up, now!” A pair of cold bare hands grabbed onto my feet and yanked my off the bed. I fell onto the floor feeling numb already. “Karma’s a bitch, remember that.”

He walked out of the room leaving me on the floor. “And so are you,”

Lying there for a good 10 minutes or so, I got up and threw a few more things into my duffel bag.

“John!” I screamed yanking the zipper. “I need help.”

He walked in unwillingly, “What?”

“I can’t close it,” I flicked the end of the zipper and sighed.

“Are you serious right now?” He asked walking over. He had on a pair of black skinny jeans and a Tom Petty t-shirt. Ermm.

I rolled my eyes taking a seat on the bed. “Dead serious,”

He tried pulling the zipper a couple of times but nothing budged. “Get on it.”

“What?”

“Get on the bag.” He demanded. I got up on the bed and plopped down onto the bag. John tired zipping it again but it didn’t work. “You’re gonna either need to get rid of some of your stuff, or get another bag.”

“I don’t have another bag.” I said slipping off the bed.

“Well tough luck, we’re leaving in 10, get your shit in the car.” He walked out leaving me in crisis.

I decided to leave the zipper open and pray nothing will fall out. If so, someone’s going to receive a very nice duo of lacy panties and bras.

I changed into something more comfortable for the car ride and lugged my bag downstairs; but not before grabbing the fragile frame from under my pillow and into my purse. John was waiting in the living room with his stuff all ready.

“That’s all you’re bringing?” I asked amazed.

“Yeah,” He nodded looking at his backpack.

“Wow, you’re such a guy.” I stated, grabbing a few snacks along the way.

He shrugged grabbing the keys. “Whatever, now let’s go.”

I carried my stuff out into the car and gingerly placed my bag into the trunk, making sure nothing fell out. I got into the passenger seat and started to make my own little area, pillow, blanket, ipod, food.

“Okay, let’s get this show on the road.” He said closing the door. “First off, there’re going to be one simple car rule you're going to live by the next how many days or week I have to see your face.”

I looked at him like he was crazy, way to be blunt ass wipe. As many days or week her has to see my face, who do you think you are you scrawny fuck? “What?”

“One only one rule, and that will be I get to control the radio, I get to choose what we listen to I--.”

“Sure whatever,” I muttered."You, you, you got it."

“Okay then, we’re all set, first stop California!” He started the car and headed out the neighborhood.

“Wait what? I thought we’re going to the east coast, and shouldn’t we get the guys.”

“No? We’re not taking the guys cause they’re lazy fucks and aren’t coming. Second, this is a road trip, and we’re gonna take the long way.”

“Okay…” I adjusted my shirt that was riding up, “To California then!”

“Shit,” He grumbled taking a sharp turn causing me to hit my head on the window.

“What now?” I ask rubbing my temples.

“I forgot Pat,”

I shook my head vigorously, “I thought you said the guys weren’t coming.”

“Well—I—ugh just stop asking questions.”

“Whatever,” We pulled up in Pat’s driveway, John pulled out his phone and started to dial. While waiting for Pat to come out, I start to play Tap Tap.

“What the fuck are you wearing?” He asks. I pause the game and look up. “Is that boots you’re wearing?”

“Yeah,” I lifted my foot in the air to the best of my abilities. “My Uggs,”

“Are you crazy? It’s burning hot outside, and it’s not even day time!”

“So? They’re comfy, and you told me to be comfy.”

“And are you even wearing pants?” He points at me accusingly.

“Yes!” I gasp, “Why would you think I’m not wearing pants?”

“It looks like you’re wearing underwear!” He states, pointing down at me.

I rolled my eyes pulling down my shorts. “They’re called spandex you dipshit!”

“Whatever, you look like a crazy person.” Pat came out in some crazy Ninja Turtle pajamas and a huge pillow.

“No, a crazy person would be Snooki and her big ass poof and animal print.” I retorted biting into my muffin. "And I'm nothing compared to Pat right now."

“Snooki?” Pat said climbing into the back seat. “Why are you talking about Snooki and why did I hear my name?”

“Touché, but you’re riding the crazy train for sure.” We both ignored Pat and I stuffed my headphones into my ear. I started to blast, ‘Show me what I’m looking for,’ By Carolina Liar, slowly I drifted to sleep.

~

“John, how much longer till we stop?” I whined, we’ve been in the car for 5 hours and my ass was starting to hurt.

“For the last time, we’re in CA. We just gotta figure out where to stay and what to do!” He said seemingly annoyed with my constant nagging. “And soon I guess!”

“Well hurry the fuck up, I can’t feel my ass!” I complained setting my feet on the dash. "Shouldn't you know where we should be staying and how we're gonna spend our day? You are the one who planned this all along."

“Will you shut the fuck up? I wanna push you out of the car and onto the road right now. I like to do things spontaneously, I do as I please.” I stuck my tongue out at him and started to look though is glove compartment. “Dude, get out of my stuff!”

I stretched the papers out of his grasp and started to read. “This is the end, of you and me and everything I used to be…”

“Ashleigh!” He yelled.

I ignored him and kept reading. “Back then it meant something, but you're living a lie; you just can't hide from me…” He finally got a hold of the papers and yanked them out of my hand. “Damn, what’s your problem?”

“You’re going through my stuff, I thought we had a deal!” He stuffed the papers in the side compartment and sped up.

“Um no, the deal was you got the control of the radio, and that was it.” I corrected.

“Well new rule, don’t touch my shit!” Pat giggled in the back causing John to blow. “What, what are you laughing at?”

“You guys are like an old married couple.” He giggled some more.

John didn’t reply, instead he sharply switched lanes causing Pat to go flying to the other window. I started to laugh looking back at him. “That is why you wear a seat belt mister.”

He stuck out his tongue and went back to his coloring pages. “You know where we should go?” Pat asked not looking up, “Disney Land.”

My heart sunk into my chest hearing the words glide off his tongue, Disney Land... A magical mystical place spent with one's you love, searching for an epic adventure, other known as your family
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I'm really sorry for the lack of updates. I know I'm full of excuses but, I have a real one this time. My Grandpa died this month and it really took a toll on me and the family. I just needed to take a break from everything, not just writing. It doesn't help that school started either. Just bare with me, slowly but surely things will be picking up like the next chapter for example.

You'll see a little bit about Ashleigh's background and discover a different side of her, and who's gonna be there to witness it; no one other than Mr. O'Callaghan himself. I'm going to start the next chapter as soon as I post this, hopefully I'll post it on Saturday after my volleyball game, if not soon. I'm not gonna procrastinate to almost a month again, promise.

Thank you if you're still sticking around, you won't be disappointed. :)

~A

P.S I gonna stop doing outfits for awhile, only when I really want you to see something than I will. See ya soon :3