Status: Complete (:

The Winchester Gospels

The Winchester Gospels

Castiel stared at the tiny Prophet. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was impressed. He hadn’t thought the baby Prophet had it in her to Reap her own mother. And—in turn—save Dean Winchester.

His electrifyingly blue eyes watched her closely as she recounted the story of her last four months. Castiel was only partially listening. He had been watching her closely; he knew what Parker had been through. He just wanted to raise Dean from Perdition and finish his mission of sending the rogue Prophet back to Heaven.

“So, how are you going to bring Dean back?” Parker prodded, finished her long and uninteresting story of Reaping her mother to Castiel.

“I’m going to go down into Hell and grab him.” He answered simply.

“Wow,” Parker nodded, “Just like that?” She asked sarcastically.

“Just like what?” Castiel furrowed his brows.

“Nevermind,” Parker sighed, staring up at the strange Angel. “Do me a favor.”

Castiel waited for her to finish her thought.

“Don’t tell Dean about me.”

The Angel tilted his head to the side, not comprehending. Why would Parker go through all this trouble not to have Dean know what she did for him to escape Hell?

“He will probably have questions about why he has come back.” Castiel said slowly, “What am I supposed to inform him?”

Parker shrugged, “Just say God wanted Dean, he had a greater plan for him so you raised him from Perdition.”

“You want me to lie to Dean Winchester?” Castiel commented.

No, just make the truth…rocky. Besides, God must want something to do with him. He gave me visions of the guy.” Parker said pointedly, “I don’t know Dean Winchester. He could be one of those people who take everything to heart, no matter how unrelated and not his fault it is.” Castiel didn’t seem to be getting it. “I don’t want him to feel guilty for what I’ve done to bring him back.” She clarified.

Castiel nodded, “I understand. I will not tell Dean Winchester about you or what you have done for him.”

“Good,” Parker cleared her throat, feeling her purpose fulfilled now. “I guess this is goodbye.”

“Most likely.” Castiel agreed. “I don’t usually admix with humans in Heaven.”

“Well, then,” Parker couldn’t help the smile that gripped her lips, “It was…” Parker tried to think of a word that could describe how she felt. “nice to make your acquaintance, Castiel, Angel of the Lord.”

Castiel missed her slight mocking tone like usual. “Goodbye, Parker Forest.” He nodded.

Parker smiled, saluting the Angel, feeling at peace with the world as she dissolved into the air.

Castiel was left alone in the empty field he had met Parker for the first time four months ago. Privately, he thought he might miss the Prophet. But, then he was reminded of how much trouble she had been and what he had to do because of her, and he didn’t feel too sorry to say goodbye.

As he stared out at the green, he thought how Parker had, in fact, cheated Death. She was getting Dean released from Hell, taking back a life from the Pit. If Castiel knew how to smile, he might have done so fondly, remembering the Prophet. She had defeated Death.

Castiel couldn’t fully explain what he was feeling. Something deep within the Angel knew that something even bigger than cheating Death was coming into play. By bringing Dean Winchester back, the world was about to change (and Castiel sensed it was just as much for the best as it was for the worst). One day, people everywhere would look back on this day as the beginning of what he perceived to be The Winchester Gospels, the fantastic retelling of Dean Winchester and his comrades’ story.

And now it was Castiel’s turn to cheat Death.

It was time to raise Dean Winchester from Perdition..
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
Just a tiny little epilogue.
Finally done with this story. Yay! Maybe I can turn my attention back to my other Castiel story. But probably not...haha.
Thanks to everyone for reading and subbing. Thanks to darkfallenangel, Fergus MacLeod, and Jennagrace93 for commenting! (: