Status: I'll update as much as I can! =)

Night Light.

.001

***(October 31st, 2011)***

"Don't put that in your mouth,Nathan!" I yelled as I chased after the six year old boy, I just love helping my mom out on the week-ends it really is the high light to my week. Complete and utter sarcasm right there. I grabbed the paste from the brown haired boy and escorted him to the time-out corner.

I shook my long black hair out of my face as I contemplated my surroundings. I'm twenty-one and this is what I have to show for it, Helping my mom out at her day care center and then going home to my apartment to hang out with my friend Brandon. I live such an awesome life....Not!

If it wasn't for school I'd really have nothing to do, but sit around on my ass and watch TV. Though honestly I wouldn't mind I mean how hard of life would that be to live? "Kennedy! Would you mind taking Regan trick-or-treating tonight?" My mother asked me as she shushed the rowdy tots for nap time.

"Why? I thought you were going to." I mumbled her blue eyes begged as she spoke next.

"I can't I have to meet with the board about all the basic regulations and blah blah blah." I sighed, she always did this to him.

"He's going to be so disappointed,Ma you promised him." I snapped at her.

"I know but your brother loves going with you, besides you love watching Ray." Even if that was true, I still couldn't help but feel that she was neglecting her own six year-old son. Don't get me wrong I loved being around my baby brother but sometimes, I wish she would just step-up and be his mother.

"Yeah alright fine, But Brandon is coming with us." I told her, Her smile faltered a little but she replaced it quickly due to my response.

"Okay, don't let him smoke around your brother his asthma has been acting up." She said with a hint of disapproval, I rolled my eyes and agreed.

"Fine, may I go now since I have to pick Reagan up from school?" I asked her, trying to hold my annoyance inside.

"Yes you may, go." Mom nodded, her blond hair falling in her face as she did so. My mom isn't one of those Malibu California moms, she doesn't show off what she's got, she's very conservative when it comes to clothes. But only when it comes to clothes, if she has opinion you most definitely will know it.

I turned to leave, "Wait! Make sure you check Ray's candy before he eats it!"

"Okay Mom, I know this isn't my first rodeo." I told her, she smiled and waved me off. I slid on my sunglasses and waved goodbye to a few of the small children who had said goodbye to me. Once I was in my car, I hooked my iPhone into the car's radio and called Brandon, it rang a few times before he answered.

"Helloooooo!" His semi-deep voice greeted me, I chuckled.

"Hiya, So I'm on my way to pick up Reggie and then I'll swing by to get you after I'm done getting him ready okay?" I asked him as I turned onto main street, noticing how quickly it was getting dark.

"Trick-or-Treating with the little man! Should I dress up?" Brandon asked, I could picture him flying around his room to find a suitable costume, it made me giggle.

"If you want, I also hate to be the bearer of bad news but I've been asked not to let you smoke around my brother..." I told him.

"I don't know why your mom does not like me!" He replied confused.

"I wouldn't worry about it, Branflake it'll only be an hour or two depending on how tired Regan gets."

"Yeah I can handle that, I think." I smiled.

"You can do it, Listen I'm outside of the school I'll be there in an hour so be ready to go." I told him as I parked in front of Kingsley,Elementary.

"See you then!" I said a quick goodbye before hanging up the phone and hopping out of the car. Standing on the side of it so I could see the small long-haired blond boy. I smiled as I watched all the little kids pour out of the front doors, the older kids slid down the railing and took off on their bikes, as others walked with their buddies down the street.

I saw my little brother run out of the school his hair falling in his face as he searched the area for a familiar face. He grinned when he saw me and ran as fast as his little legs could go, I held my arms out for him as he reached me hugging me tightly as I picked him up.

"Kenny!" He giggled as I kissed his cheek.

"Hey Reggie, how was your day?" I asked him.

"It was good we had a party and watched movies!"

"Oh really? Like what?" I asked him strapping him in the back seat, and then pulling away from the curb.

"Monsters. Inc and The Emperor's New Groove!" Reggie said excitedly.

"My favorite movies!" I replied as he nodded his head.

"Where's Mommy?"

I sighed and immediatley felt the guilt take over me. "I'm sorry buddy, But you me and Brandon are going trick-or-treating tonight."

"No, Mommy?" He pouted.

I shook my head. "I'm afraid not, Bud. But we'll have fun."

"Promise?"

"I cross my heart." I told him as I smiled at him through the mirror.

"Okay! Hurry Kenny I want to put on my Batman costume!" He whined as he squirmed in the seat.

God help me, little did I know I was really going to need that help.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! I hope you guys like it! <3