Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Old Friends

The whole next week, I got texts from some of Alex’s team mates and even some of the Penguins (although how the hell they knew about the break up, I have no clue) asking if I was ok. I told them all that I would be fine and thanked them for their concern and wished all the players good luck. I was happy that the players actually seemed to care about me and didn’t just turn on me after the break up.
That Monday I called my best friends from home to tell them what had happened and to see if they wanted to hang out. When I talked to Hoovey and CJ they insisted on coming up and spending the weekend at school with me and as Jen was going home I knew she wouldn’t mind.

So Friday afternoon both of the boys showed up and for a while we just walked around campus talking about random shit. We decided to go out for dinner and half the ride was spent with the guys sending me texts for my car to read (my car will read any text that is sent to my phone), ‘some things never change,’ I thought, shaking my head. After dinner we just went back to my room and after putting in a movie that we had no intention of actually watching, spent the night bull shitting and picking on each other. At about 3 or 4 in the morning we went to sleep with me sleeping on Jen’s bed, Hoovey on mine and CJ on an air mattress on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning when I woke up, I looked at Hoovey and CJ and thought about how lucky I was to have such great friends. I let the boys sleep a little longer before waking them up so we could go get lunch. When we were walking back from lunch I was surprised to see Alex standing outside of my dorm.

“What do you want Alex?” I asked trying to pretend it didn’t hurt to see him. I guess I didn’t do a great job because both CJ and Hoovey grabbed my hands and squeezed.

“I want to talk to you. I feel horrible about what I did. You deserve so much better than that. I should have trusted you. I’m sorry.”

“Yeah, you’re right, she does deserve much better than what you did to her, you fucking pussy,” Hoovey said while taking a step toward him.

“He’s right, Morgan deserves respect and from what I hear you didn’t even respect her enough to tell her the real reason you broke up with her. What kind of man does that shit? She went to New York fucking City to surprise you and you break up with her. Nice,” CJ chimed in also stepping forward.

“What would you have thought? Your teammate tells you that he sees your girlfriend coming out of a hotel with a guy and then you see your girlfriend hugging the same guy and him kissing her cheek. Almost every girl that I have dated has cheated on me or has only been with me for my money or my status. What the hell else was I supposed to think?” Alex asked sounding pissed.

“If it was any girl other than Morgan, I could understand thinking that, but Morgan would never hurt someone like that and even if she were to cheat she would be smart enough to not do it in the same fucking city as you, ya dumbass,” Hoovey replied.

At this point Alex looked ready to punch Hoovey and Hoovey and CJ looked like they wanted to punch Alex. I knew that one more wrong word from either party would start a fight and I didn’t want that but before I could say anything CJ started bitching at Alex about not being man enough to hold on to his women and before I knew it CJ and Hoovey had dropped my hands and Alex was coming toward them. He threw the first punch and caught CJ in the face before turning to hit Hoovey and getting hit with a punch to the jaw. Alex continued to try to fight and I let it go on for another few moments before yelling at the guys to stop. Shockingly enough, they actually listened and stepped back so they were once again at my side. After shaking my head I turned and started walking to my room before turning and telling all three guys to get their asses up to my room and if anyone laid a finger on anyone else I would hit them. So of course CJ had to poke Hoovey which caused me to hit him upside the head and call him a dumbass. Once I finally got them all up to my room, I took a second to check for injuries. All three men had blood on their faces and after hooking them up with tissues I told them to sit down and to shut up. I must have had my pissed off face on because they all sat down and didn’t say a word.

Alex's P.O.V.

I sat on the chair while the other two guys sat on the bed. After a few minutes of silence I began to wonder if I should try to apologize again but seeing as it didn’t go well the first time I figured I should just stay quite.

“Hoovey, CJ, could you please go out in the hall for a few minutes,” Morgan asked.

“You sure?” the one asked.

“CJ, please just go. I will be fine. You know me if anyone should be worried it should be him. Go please.” He hugged her and after shooting a glare my way, told her that they would be right outside. After they left, I braced myself for Morgan to start yelling at me.

“Alex, did you mean what said? About being sorry?” she asked quietly.

“Yeah, I did. I feel so bad about not trusting you and not asking you what was going on. I’m so sorry. Is there any way you could forgive me?”

“You realized that if you fuck up one more time your ass is gone right?”

“I do. Does that mean you forgive me and will be my girlfriend again?” I asked hopefully.

“Yes it does, but as I said, if you ever hurt me again, we will be over. I know that I should have let you know I was coming but I wanted it to be a surprise and I had no clue that I was in the same hotel as you. I wish that I would have recognized MoJo and said something to him about Kevin being my friend and coming to surprise you. I’m sorry for that. I promise to never do something like that again. Come here please.” I walked up to her and pulled her into my arms and after a moment she hugged my back and I placed a kiss on her head and whispered that I was sorry again. After a moment she pulled back a little before pulling me down for a kiss which I happily returned. Once we were done kissing she stepped back and walked over to the door. She opened in and called the guys back in.

“Ok, well now that that is settled, Hoovey CJ this is Alex, my boyfriend. Alex, these are Hoovey and CJ, my best friends in the world other than Jen. Now I am very fond of you all and I want you to get along. So now that you have beaten the shit out of each other I want you to apologize. Don’t look at me in that tone of voice boys. Do it. Now.”

“I’m sorry that I punched you in the face, but know that if you ever hurt Morgan again I will do much worst and she will not be able to stop me,” Hoovey said.

“Awww thanks Hoov, that’s kind of sweet. Now you CJ.”

“I’m sorry but as Hoov said, you fuck with our girl and we will fuck you up. Simple as that.”

“You guys say the nicest things. Hopefully it won’t be necessary. Now you Alex.”

“I’m sorry that I hurt Morgan and honestly I’m happy that she has such great friends. Oh I’m sorry that I hit you guys too.”

“Thank you. Now hug each other.”

“What?” I exclaimed.

“I’m just messing with you, you don’t have to hug each other but you do all have to hug me. Now please.” I looked at Hoovey and CJ and saw that they were smiling and shaking their heads as they did get up and move toward Morgan so I figured that I better too. So we all hugged Morgan and I was happy to see her smile when we pulled away. The rest of the day was passed getting to know each other and I was surprised at how well I got along with Hoovey and CJ after what had happened. That night it was decided that CJ would sleep in Jen’s bed, Nick would sleep in Morgan’s and Morgan and I would sleep on the air mattress. It felt wonderful to be able to hold Morgan in my arms again and I slept better than I had in a very time. I was glad that she had forgiven me and I made a vow to myself that I would do everything in my power to never hurt her again. I fell asleep that night with a smile on my face after kissing Morgan and reflecting on how lucky I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love Hoovey and CJ... They are the best guy friends that anyone could ever ask for. Even though I have never needed them to beat anyone up for me, I know that if I ever asked them to they would kick anyone's ass that messed with me. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited 12/28
Sorry everyone, between finals, work, and the holidays, its been a crazy month! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!