Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Nothing Like Crying On Your Ex Over The Guy That Just Broke Up With You

Morgan's P.O.V.

I wasn’t sure if he would want to see me after a loss but I figured I had traveled all this way it would be silly not to see him. After the game I had Kevin take me down to the locker room and he said that he would wait for me outside the doors to take me to the airport when I was done talking to Alex. When we got the all clear, I walked into the locker room and right up to Alex, expecting him to at least be a little happy to see me.

“Hi,” I said, biting my lip.

“I can’t do this.”

“Can’t do what?” I asked feeling nervous.

“I can’t date you anymore.”

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

“Yeah, I can’t do this. I need to focus on playoffs.”

“You’re breaking up with me?” I asked, tears welling up in my eyes.

“Yes,” he replied without looking me in the eye. I felt like I had been punched in the stomach.
Even though we had only been dating a little over a month, I had really started to fall for him and he ending it out of the blue was painful and unexpected. I wanted to scream and fight him but I didn’t want to cause a scene and make the last memory most of these players would have of me be of me being a drama queen, so I held my head high and decided to be civil.

“Fine,” I said to him before taking off the jersey he had given me (I had a hoodie underneath) along with the necklace and giving it back to him and turning to the team. “Good luck with the rest of the season.” I said before turning and walking out of the locker room calmly with tears rolling down my face. When I got to Kevin he asked if I was ok and I replied no and asked him to take me to the airport. He wanted to know what happened and I told him that Alex had broken up with me and that he just said that he needed to focus on playoffs.

“I mean I understand wanting to focus on playoffs but when your girlfriend lives a couple hundred miles away how can she really be a distraction? I really didn’t see that coming. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be crying on you. Thank you for everything this weekend. I had fun for the most part. Keep in touch.” I said as we pulled up to the airport. I gave Kevin one last hug and thanked him again before heading into the airport to get home as soon as possible.

That night when I got home, I texted Kevin to let him know I was home safe and then walked into the room surprised to see Jen was actually there. She normally went home on weekends. As soon as I walked into the room she asked if I was ok. I looked at her questioningly and she said that Mike had called her a couple hours ago from the locker room and told her what happened. He had told her what Alex had said and also told her that the real reason Alex had broken up with me was because he thought that I was cheating on him. Jen had asked him what he was talking about and Mike told her that he hadn't told Alex what they had talked about the night before because he thought that he had talked to me. Mike felt really bad about not telling Alex what was going on until after he had broken up with me. I told her it would be fine and to tell Mike that I said that it wasn’t his fault and if Alex really didn’t trust me then it obviously wasn’t going to work out.

An hour after I got home I had put away my clothes, gotten a shower, and was now curled up on my bed ready to go to sleep. I was surprised when I got a text from Alex asking if I had gotten home safe. I sent back a simple yes. Then put in my headphones trying to go to sleep. When I got another text I was a little annoyed. Did he really think I still wanted to talk to him?

Hey this is Mike, Jen gave me your number. I hope you don’t mind. Are you ok? I'm so sorry I didn't tell him sooner.

Hey Mike, yeah its fine that Jen gave you my number. And I’m fine. I mean it hurts that he broke up with me out of the blue and without giving me a good reason but I’ll get over it. And it's not your fault that he didn't trust me. You did nothing wrong.

Yeah that wasn’t right. Thanks, I'm still sorry. And just so you know most of the team was really worried about you when you left and I flipped out on Alex for not giving you a chance to explain.

Well that’s sweet that the team cared and thank you very much Mike, you didn’t have to do that, but I appreciate it. :-)

No problem. Alex feels bad now just so you know and he says he is sorry. He’s in the room with me.

Well he should but hey I have to go, I have to do lesson plans tomorrow and you should get to sleep, I’m sure you need it after that game. Good job tonight. Talk to you sometime. :-)

Ok. Thank you and good night.

”Good night.”

After the conversation was over, I ended up getting up and working on my lesson plans because I knew I wouldn't be able to fall asleep for a while. Just as I was about to start Tuesday's plans my phone buzzed letting me know that I had a text. I wondered who it was and was surprised when the number came up without a name. When I opened the text I was even more surprised that Sasha had text me because after the lunch the first day we really hadn't talked.

"Hi. This Sasha. Morgan?

Yes Sasha this is Morgan. What can I do for you?

I want make sure you ok. Alex was ass.

I'm fine. Thank you for checking on me. And yes he was but I suppose that it is almost as much my fault as his for not telling him I was in town.

No ur fault. You not do wrong. I glad u ok.

Thank you Sasha. Great job tonight. I hope you guys win Monday.

You welcome. Thank you. I hope that too.

Well I'm going to go to bed. Thank you again for checking on me. It means a lot to me.

You welcome. Good night.

Good night Sasha.

When I put my phone down I had a smile on my face. I had always thought that Sasha was adorable and him checking on me in his broken English was just too cute. Shortly after that I found myself falling into a deep and peaceful sleep and woke up the next day feeling rested and slightly ok with the whole Alex situation. I finished my lesson plans for my last week student teaching then just hung out with Jen and a couple of our other friends from freshman year.
♠ ♠ ♠
This made me cry when I wrote it. I had to add the conversation with Alex Semin because I discovered how freaking adorable he was just in time for him to become a free agent. :-( But yeah...so Alex is a poopy head and his friends are wonderful. :-)