Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Alright, Who Lost the Keys?!?!

Morgan’s P.O.V

The next morning I woke up wrapped in Alex’s arms feeling more rested than I had in a month. It took a moment but I finally realized what had woken me up, it was Alex’s phone ringing on the bedside table.

“Alex, baby, wake up.”

“Five more minutes.”

“Baby, wake up, your phone is ringing.”

“Oh, okay.”

Alex finally woke up and answered his phone. After a moment, he stood up and walked out of the room to finish his call. I must have fallen back asleep because I woke up to Alex slamming the door and swearing up a storm. I got up and went to find him and asked him what happened and who was on the phone.

“That was my agent; the NHL is in another fucking lock out. He just said that as of right now, the soonest we may start in the beginning of November. This is such bullshit.”

“What the hell? Why are y’all not playing?”

“I don’t know the specific details yet, my agent is supposed to let me know when he has all of the details.”

“Oh wow, so what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know yet. Hopefully we can get this sorted out soon and get back to playing.”

“I hope so too.”

“Hey when do you start teaching?”

“I have to go in for an orientation in two weeks then we start school the next week. Why?”

“Let’s go somewhere.”

“Don’t you need to be here to sort out the, I don’t know, all the shit that is involved in a lock out?”

“No, I will have very little to do with the contract between the players and the league until we vote on it.”

“Oh, okay, so where do you want to go?”

“I don’t care. Where do you want to go, baby?”

“Let’s go to Disney!” I exclaim, jokingly.

“Okay. I’ve never been there.”

“Wait, you will really take me to Disney?”

“Sweetheart, I took you to Russia. Disney is nothing. Plus, isn’t it the happiest place on Earth? I need some happy right now.”

“Have I ever told you how much I love you? When do you want to leave?”

“I love you too. Let me see when we could get a flight down there. I think we should go today.”

“Okay! You check on flights, I’m going to go pack. How long will we be there?”

“A week? That sound good to you?”

“Perfect!”

“Okay, I’m going to go home and pack. I’ll call you as soon as I know when we are leaving, ok?”

“Sounds good, baby. I love you.” I kissed Alex before walking him to the door and after we kissed again, I shut and locked the door before running up the stairs to pack.

~~~~~

We left that night at ten and after an uneventful flight, checked into our hotel and got some sleep before heading out to Hollywood Studios the following morning.

I was literally bouncing on the bus on our way to the park. It was a beautiful day and I was ecstatic to be able to share my love of Disney with my wonderful boyfriend.

As we were walking into the park, one of the cast members offered to take Alex and I’s picture in front of Mickey’s giant sorcerer’s hat. We agreed and after she took the picture on my phone, I grabbed Alex’s hand and took off toward the Tower of Terror ride. After we finished the ride, we went to the Rockin’ Roller Coaster before going to see Beauty and the Beast and Lights, Motors, Action. Throughout the day, we rode the rides, ate a lot of good food, watched a couple shows, and shopped in many of the little shops.

While we were watching the Indiana Jones show, they called for volunteers and I was able to convince Alex to raise his hand. They called on him to help and I made sure to take a bunch of pictures of him. I know he had a great time, just like I did when I was in the show six years before.

We had a blast, taking a ton of pictures and making even more memories. The last thing we did during the day was go to see Fantasmic, the show that they do at the end of the night. The show included fireworks, songs, many Disney characters, and a light show. I loved the show just as much as I had loved it the first time I saw it and I think Alex enjoyed it too.

We strolled slowly out of the park and made our way to the parking lot where we would wait for our bus. Once we were seated on the bus, I noticed a little girl in a red Capitals t-shirt sitting in the seats across from us. I smiled when I saw her staring up at Alex with the same expression many kids had when they saw Mickey Mouse or their favorite princess for the first time. I gently nudged Alex and nodded toward the girl. I happened to have a Sharpie in my bag and handed it to him so that he could sign her shirt.

“Hi Princess, I really like you shirt,” Alex said quietly to the girl.

“T-t-thank you. Are you really Alex Ov-v-vchkin?” She stammered.

“Yes, I am. An you are?”

“I’m Anne.”

“Well Anne, it’s very nice to meet you. Would you like me to sign your shirt and maybe we could take a picture when we get back to the resort?”

“Yes please!” Alex then asked her parents which stop they were getting off at and it turned out that they were at the same stop as us. Once we got back to the resort, the five of us stepped off to the side and Alex signed Anne’s shirt before posing with her for a picture. Both Anne and her parents thanked Alex multiple times before walking off to their room.

Alex handed me back my Sharpie and I put it in my bag before grabbing his hand and leading him back to the room.

“I absolutely love seeing you with your fans, especially the kids,” I told Alex.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yup. It’s adorable!” I said with a smile. When we got back to the room, I took a quick shower before changing into my tank top and shorts and joining Alex in the main room. He pressed a quick kiss to my lips then took his turn in the shower. Before long, he was crawling into bed next to me and pulling me into his arms. I snuggled closer and after whispering “I love you,” fell into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So when I originally wrote this, the lockout was happening so even though it happened a couple years ago at this point, I still wanted to keep this. :-D Let me know what you're thinking.

I hope you have a wonderful week! Stay warm!!