Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

Carried Away

Alex’s P.O.V.

I decided to come back to D.C. a couple days early to surprise Morgan. I was excited to see her and when she answered the door, I may have gotten carried away. The kiss started innocent but when I kissed her again after pausing to catch my breath, I felt a change. There was an edge to the kiss that hadn’t been there before. This was the kind of kiss that could only lead one place, her bed. I was surprised because in the spring she had said that she wanted to wait until marriage which I respected and would never pressure her. I tried to pull back to make sure this was what she wanted but she didn’t give me the chance.

The next thing I knew, we were making our way to her bedroom, because we were still kissing we ran into a couple walls but I don’t think either of us really noticed. When we got to her room, we both tumbled onto her bed and continued kissing, running our hands over every part of each other we could reach. I sat back to take off my shirt and Morgan did the same, leaving her in her blue bra and a pair of blue jean shorts. I lay down on top of her, loving the feel of skin on skin and kissed her mouth again before trailing kisses down to the top of her breasts. Morgan was running her hands over my back and into my hair and as I continue to kiss her breasts through her bra she arched her back.

Just as I am reaching behind her to undo her bra, Morgan freezes. I pause and look at her questioningly. Before she opens her mouth to speak, I notice a blush spreading across her face and down her neck. Finally she whispers so low I almost miss what she says asking if I have a condom. I’m about to reassure her that I have one before remembering that after I started dating Morgan, I took the stash that I always carried out of my wallet because I didn’t think I would need them.

After I tell her this, I can feel a shift in her body and know that she is going to shut me down. She looks like she is going to cry and she looks like she is waiting for me to freak out about it but I just take a deep breath before placing a gentle kiss on her lips and sitting up.

“I’m so sorry Alex,” Morgan whispers again. “I had no idea you were going to show up tonight and well yeah.”

“Baby, it’s okay. I’m not mad. I promise. I should have let you know I was back in the US; I just wanted to surprise you. I never expected this to happen tonight or I would have been prepared. You had said when we met that you were planning on waiting until you were married. I know you had said something about maybe changing your mind in the hospital but I didn’t think it would be this soon. What changed?”

“I… I don’t know. I mean, I had been thinking about it for a while and well, it feels different when I’m with you than when I’m with anyone else and I love you and I don’t know, I guess I just felt like I was ready.”

“It feels different for me too. I love you so much, I can’t imagine being with anyone else. You mean so much to me and I would never dream of pushing you into something you aren’t ready for.”

“I am ready, I know I am. I just can’t take the chance of getting pregnant. I know I’m not ready to be a parent, I don’t know about you but I would like to wait at least another year before I had a kid. And now I’m rabbling. Sorry.”

“It’s perfectly ok. And if you really are ready then it will happen when the time is right. Apparently tonight is just not the night. As for kids, I’m not quite ready to be a dad yet. Now if a child did come along, I would love the kid and do everything I could for him or her, but I’m with you. I would like to keep you to myself for a while longer before having to share you.”

“Awww, baby, that may be the sweetest thing anyone has said to be. I love you. Thank you for understanding.”

“Of course sweetheart, I love you too.” After that, Morgan and I got dressed and went down to the kitchen to get some food and spent the rest of the day and night relaxing and catching up on all that we had missed with each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I am almost at the end of the story as I had originally written it. I started a sequel so I think I'm just going to tack what I have of that onto the end of this story. I will apologize now if it just becomes a big ball of fluff...
Have a wonderful day!