Status: Was finished, now it's not... I'm working on that... :-) <3

You Had Me at Hello

...Power Hath Decended Forth From Thy Hand That Our Feet May Swiftly Carry Out Thy Commands...

Alex’s P.O.V.

When we got back to my house after lunch Mike, Jen, Morgan and I decided to watch a movie. Mike decided that we should watch the Boondock Saints which I wasn’t sure that the girls would like but as it was one of my favorite movies I figured it wouldn’t hurt. After getting the movie started I sat down next to Morgan and was surprised when she slid closer to me so I put my arm around her back and she leaned into my chest. Everything was quiet; we were just enjoying the movie when out of nowhere Jen yelled “I can’t believe that just fucking happened!” which was followed by Morgan yelling “is it dead?” Mike and I looked at them questioningly and they just shrugged and started quoting the rest of the movie. After the movie was over, we decided to watch the second one as well. This time I turned so my back was against the arm of the couch and pulled Morgan down so she was sitting between my legs and put my arms around her. During the movie I started to say all of the lines quietly in her ear and more than once felt her shiver in my arms. Overall I think that this was my favorite time watching this movie. Once it was over we were all starting to get hungry and Jen and Morgan offered to cook so I led them into the kitchen and told them to use whatever they wanted.

The next thing I knew I was being kicked out of my kitchen and told to go watch T.V. with Mike. After a while I heard music and singing coming from the kitchen along with random lines from the movies that we had watched. Mike and I just looked at each other and laughed. Once dinner was ready, Morgan called us in to come eat. We all sat down and started eating. I was glad that they had decided to make pasta because it would help give Mike and me energy for the game tomorrow night. The food was amazing and both Mike and I showered the girls with compliments. When we finished eating, Mike and I did the dishes, when we finished we went to join the girls in the living room. I wanted to watch the Penguins’ game since we had a game with them in a few weeks and asked if they cared if we watched it. Both girls said that was fine and I saw Morgan smirk and looked at her questioningly but she just shook her head and I let it drop. We ended up sitting like we had during the movie which was fine with me. Once the game started I was relaxing and enjoying the feeling of Morgan leaning back against me when all of a sudden Jen started yelling at the T.V. I felt Morgan laughing and figured that this was normal. During the first period I asked Morgan if Jen was always like this when watching games. She told me that she only did this when she was at the game live or if the Penguins were playing as they are her favorite team. I was surprised when she said that and asked who her favorite team was.

“My favorite team? Let’s just say that I am currently lying with the captain of my favorite team,” she relied with a smile and I squeezed her tight and smiled as I kissed the top of her head.

After the game, the girls decided to head out so that Mike and I could get some sleep for the game tomorrow. Once Mike and Jen said good night I grabbed Morgan’s hand and pulled her into me. I pressed my lips to hers and felt her melt into me. I ran my tongue along her lip begging for entrance. She opened her mouth with a small moan and we started a battle that I never wanted to end. Eventually we had to break apart to breath. I pulled her in tight and asked her to come to my game the next day. She agreed and just as I was about to kiss her again the asshats outside started honking and we kissed once more before she wished me luck for the game tomorrow and walked out to the car.

After they left I walked back into the living room and after flipping through the channels I landed on a show called Duck Dynasty. After two episodes, I decided to get a shower. As I stripped and started the water I couldn’t help but think of everything that had happened this week. Looking back I couldn't believe that I had only known Morgan for three days. It felt like we had known each other for so much longer. I felt like I really knew her and I felt that she knew me and accepted me for who I am. I went through my normal shower routine and got out of the shower. I dried myself off and climbed into bed not bothering with clothes after putting Across the Universe on. I got a text from Mike saying that he was planning on asking Jen to go to dinner the next night, just the two of them. I replied that I would ask Morgan out as well and that I would see him the next day. I decided to text Morgan and ask her if she would go out with me. She agreed and after talking for a while I told her that I needed to go to bed and that I would see her the next day. I quickly sank into a deep sleep thinking of her.
~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3 ~ <3
The next day flew by and before I knew it I was being hugged my teammates after scoring a goal to win the game in overtime. After the game I made my way back to the locker room to deal with the press then got a quick shower and walked out with Mike to meet the girls. When we got to the room I noticed that Morgan and Jen were wearing jerseys tonight. I looked and saw that Morgan was wearing my jersey which made me beam with pride and I noticed how good she looked with my last name across her back. Jen was wearing Nicky’s jersey which confused me because I thought that she and Mike had something going on and decided to ask Morgan about it later.

Morgan saw me just then and gave me a hug and pulled me down to her lips for a kiss. “Great game tonight baby,” Morgan whispered when she finally broke the kiss. I smiled at her and kissed her again.

“So I was thinking that we could go get dinner at a nice restaurant tonight. What do you think?” I asked Morgan.

“Sounds great to me,” she said making me smile.

“As much as I love seeing you in my jersey do you want me to take you back to the hotel to change?” I asked figuring that she would need a while to get ready. She surprised me when she said to give her ten minutes and she would meet me back here. She grabbed Jen and the two went off together. I looked at Mike and he looked just as confused as I did. I shrugged and sat down on the couch to wait for Morgan and Jen.

Nine minutes later I was surprised to see both girls walk back into the room both in dresses. Jen looked very pretty in her dark green dress and matching heels. I then looked at Morgan and I swear she took my breath away. She was in a black dress with thick straps and black heels that made her legs look amazing. I was shocked that both girls had brought clothes with them to change into and was a little surprised that Morgan was only holding the same purse that she had all week and no other bag. I walked over to Morgan and pulled her into me for a quick kiss and to tell her that she looked amazing. She smiled and said “You look pretty good yourself, stud.” I smiled and looked over to see that Mike was trying to stammer out a compliment and that Jen was blushing. After a minute I asked them if they were ready to go and we walked out together. I held Morgan’s hand and noticed that Mike was holding Jen’s hand as well. When we got out to the car Morgan and I said good bye to the other couple and walked to my car where I opened the door and helped her get in. After I climbed in I looked over at her and smiled. She reached up for the back of my neck and gently pulled me forward until our lips met. After a minute I felt her tongue seeking permission to enter my mouth and I gladly let her in. I loved seeing this take charge side of her and soon lost myself in her kiss. A few minutes later we pulled a part and smiled. “Ready?” I asked. “Yup, let’s go,” she said. Once I got the car started and we were on our way to my favorite restaurant I took her hand in mine and after bringing it to my lips to kiss I let it rest on the center consol. On the way we talked about the game and we were soon being seated.

When we go to our table we ordered drinks and took a few minutes to look at the menu. I decided to get the filet mignon and Morgan went with the roasted chicken. While we were waiting I remembered that I had wanted to ask Morgan about Jen’s jersey tonight.

“So, why was Jen wearing Nicky’s jersey tonight when she spends so much time with Mike?”

“Well…you see she was embarrassed to wear Mike’s jersey in front of him so I convinced her to wear my Nick jersey instead of a plain tee shirt.”

“And you weren’t embarrassed to wear my jersey?”

“Nah… it takes a lot to embarrass me. And the way I see it is that you see girls in your jersey all of the time and that it wouldn’t really mean anything because you were used to it. But if you would rather me not wear your jersey I won’t,” she said biting her lip.

“Even though I do see people in my jersey all the time, it’s something that you never really get used to. And I love seeing you in my jersey.” And even though I would never tell her this it was nice to see someone that I care about and not just a puck slut wearing my jersey and it made me proud to see her in it.

“Good because I would hate to have to stop wearing it,” she said smiling brightly. I smiled back and thought of another question to ask her and decided to see how she liked D.C.

“I’m really enjoying it,” she said, and then I saw her blush. “How could I not? I’ve gotten to spend time with my best friend and an absolutely amazing guy.”

I smiled and told her that I was glad that she was enjoying her time and decided to tease her and said “So who is this amazing guy, have I met him.”

“I think you have.”

“Really? Tell me about him?”

“Well he plays for the Washington Capitals, he is a forward. He’s over 6 feet tall, really muscular. He is really hot and talented. He has a soft side that many people don’t get to see. I have his jersey and if I’m being honest I have had a crush on him for years and now that I have met him I realized that he is even more awesome in real life.”

“He sounds like a great guy. What’s his name?”

“Well…. Promise not to tell?” I nodded smiling.

“Well it’s……Nick Backstrom,” she said with a straight face. I would be lying if I didn’t say that it hurt a little to hear her say that. After a minute of silence I noticed that she was trying to hold back a smile. Finally she started laughing and told me that she was just kidding, that there was another Capital that had caught her eye. She motioned for me to lean in close and she whispered in my ear.

“I have a thing for captains.” Once she pulled away I saw that she was blushing and was relieved that the feelings that I felt for her weren’t one sided. I motioned for her to lean back in and when she did I told her that I felt the same way. After that our food came and as we ate we continued to get to know each other. I felt that I knew her better than I did many of my team mates despite only knowing her for four days. Once dinner was over I asked what she was doing tomorrow. She told me that she just planned on going to see some more of the city.

“Would you like to come to a fundraiser that we are having tomorrow with a local children’s charity?” I asked nervously. “We are spending a couple of hours with a group of kids whose parents are in the military at a local arcade.”

“I would love to go, I just feel bad about leaving Jen so much this week.”

“Mike told me that he was going to ask her to go too.”

“Oh she will love that. Not only does she love spending time with Mike, which she will never admit, but she is crazy about arcades and to combine that with a fundraiser she will be really excited.”

“So you’ll go?”

“Yes.” She replied, smiling. I let out a relieved breath and was glad that I wouldn’t have to go alone. We finished dinner and headed out to the car. We walked to my car holding hands and when we got to the car I kissed her before opening her door for her. When I got in the car I took her hand and asked what she wanted to do.

“It’s up to you, I have nowhere to be but if you want to go to bed so you can get some sleep, I understand.”

“Well, how about we go back to my house and watch a movie and I can take you home after that,” I suggesting not wanting the night to end. She agreed and we headed to my house. When we got there we walked into the living room after grabbing drinks in the kitchen, Capri Sun for both of us. Normally I wouldn’t share but I was really starting to like Morgan and thought that she would appreciate it even if she didn’t know how much it meant. We settled onto the couch after picking a movie to watch. We cuddled and watched the movie, occasionally we would ask each other a question or steal a kiss but for the most part we just relaxed and watched the movie. When the movie was over we headed back to her hotel. I walked her to the door and when we got there, we stood in the hallway kissing for several minutes before pulling apart and saying that we would see each other tomorrow afternoon. After she was inside I walked out to my car and drove home. After I got home I went to bed and fell asleep thinking of the beautiful brunette.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok....as I said... little, tiny bit of smut... no BFD. But yeah... If you are wondering, the chapter titles from this chapter and the one before are from the movie The Boondock Saint. It is a great movie that I love. :-)

The whole prayer is

And shepherds we shall be, for thee my lord for thee, power hath descended forth from they hand that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command and we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. **Then they say "In the name of the Father the Son and the Holy Ghost" but they say it in latin and I don't feel like looking it up right now so yeah... good movie... Hope you think its a good chapter. :-) <3

*****Edited 10/14

Hey ladies and gentlemen(?), I combined this chapter and the next one because I felt that this one originally ended in a weird place. I also changed the shower scene because I didn't feel like it needed to be there. :-)