Status: Still a work in progress. Thanks for reading(:

Gunslinger

Homecoming 2

I woke up to something hitting my face. I sat up confused as I removed the hotel towel from my face.

“HOW DARE YOU?” A voice screamed. I looked up to see Scarlett standing at the end of my bed. “YOU WERE GON E FOR TWO DAYS, APRIL; TWO FREAKING DAYS.” She screamed at me.

“Scar, you have to leave. You have to go back home.” I tried to convince her.

“No, you need to come back home! Did you think you could just leave and I wouldn’t come looking for you? Well, I did.” She told me. “Oh, and next time you try to run away, don’t use your credit card to pay for the motel. Now, let’s go.” She said, grabbing my arm and trying to pry me from the bed.

“I can’t go home, Scar. Do you know how much danger you are in when you’re around me?” I asked her.

“Fine, you don’t wanna come home for me? Why don’t you call Brian back for me.” Scar said as she pulled out her phone. “Oh look, 3 missed calls from him. You want to know something, April? When he found out that you ran away, he made the band cancel their shows for the next week and he said he would keep cancelling them until you were home. He said he couldn’t bear to play a show without know if you were alright or not. So, why don’t you call him and tell him you refuse to come home. See how he takes that.” She said. I was in awe. I never expected Brian to react this way and I sure as hell didn’t expect Scar to find me.

“I’m sorry, but put yourself into my shoes! The concert incident really shook me up. I was scared that it would happen again and I wouldn’t be able to handle myself if something happened to you!” I told her, finally getting up from the bed.

“April, nothing is going to happen to me, I promise. Now that the freak that showed up at the concert is locked up, we’ll be fine. No one is going to bother us, you have nothing to worry about.” She looked up at me with tears in her eyes, “Please come home, April. I need my best friend.” She begged.

“Okay but, promise me you’ll be careful and that you’ll always carry pepper spray” I warned her, jokingly. Scar laughed and grabbed my suitcase to put in her car while I checked out of the motel.
It was 10 AM by the time we got on the road. I knew it would take us about 2 hours to get home so, I decided to call Brian considering the amount of time I had to spare. I dialed the number and the phone only rung once before he picked up.

“April, Is that you?! Are you okay?! Where were you?!” He questioned me.

“Yes, Brian, it is me. I’m fine, we’re on our way home and, I was a couple hours outside of town. I’m sorry I scared you.” I apologized.

“Scared is an understatement. I was terrified. Do you know what could’ve happened to you? The west coast is not a good place to be alone.” He said

“I know, Brian. You know why I did it though, right? I didn’t just run away to run away and I need you to understand that. I wasn’t trying to hurt anybody. In fact, I was trying to do the exact opposite.” I told him.

“I know, April, but you can’t just get up and leave! You had Scar so worried, not to mention me and the guys! Promise me you won’t do it again because next time, I’ll come looking for you, too.” He threatened. I sighed before responding.

“I promise, Brian. I’m sorry.” I apologized again.

“It’s okay. I’m really sorry but, could I call you back? I have to meet the guys for lunch in like 5 minutes and I’m already gonna be late.” He asked.

“Yeah that’s fine. Tell them I said hello! I’ll talk to you later, Brian.” I said.

“Goodbye, April.” He said and I hung up. I would never admit it to anybody, but I loved hearing him say my name.

I decided to nap for the rest of the way home to make the time go faster. I put my chair back, after turning down the radio that Scar had blasting, and closed my eyes. It took me a bit to fall asleep, considering that I had only just woken up and hour ago. Another thing that I wouldn’t admit to anybody is that I was happy to be going home. Even though I told myself I could, deep down I knew that I wouldn’t be able to handle living without my friends. I needed them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I enjoyed writing this chapter. I hope you guys enjoy reading it, I tried to make in interesting(: xxx