Status: Active

Two Way Street

Mara

Liam and I stayed in the coffee shop for a good three hours, just talking and playing with the used straws in our coffee cups. I’d bent mine in several places and stuck it together, making a triangle. I laughed and flicked it at Liam across the table.

He smirked and flicked it back, “You’re a child.”

I shrugged, “I’m aware.”

“And you’re seemingly fine with it.”

I nodded, “Yes, sir.”

“So you’ve known Louis for a while?”

I grinned, “Yep. Since forever. We grew up together. We were next door neighbors. His mom always invited me over for dinner and movies.”

He smiled and tossed his empty coffee cup into the garbage bin a little ways away. “Sounds pretty awesome.”

“How long have you known him?” I asked, mimicking Liam’s action of throwing the cup away. He laughed when I narrowly missed and I shot him a glare. “Football is the only spot I’m good at. There is no rule that says I have to play all sports. Only one matters.”

He shook out his hair, “This is true. Football is the only legitimate world sport. I’ve known Lou for about a year. We were together on X Factor and we were all lumped together in a band in order to go on further in the show. We’ve all gotten along pretty well. Did he tell you we’re going on tour in a few months?”

“I think he mentioned it. How long is the tour?” I asked, pulling my leg up and wrapping my arms around my knees.

He shrugged, “A few months? I’m not sure. I’ll have to ask our manager. Whoever that is. I don’t even know right now. Probably Simon.”

I glanced at my phone as it buzzed wildly on the table in front of me. Liam watched with mild curiosity as I picked it up and smiled at the message.

Hey babe, it’s Harryxx. How’re things going with Liam?

“Who is it?” Liam asked curiously.

I glanced up, “It’s Harry. He’s wondering how things are going. I told him I was taking you out for coffee as an apology.”

Liam nodded, “Cool. What’s the deal with you two?”

I shrugged, “Nothing really. We’re just friends and majorly awesome football teammates.”

“Uh-huh, sure.” Liam raised his eyebrows in doubt. “I don’t believe that. I saw the way you hugged him after you won the game. It seems like you two are pretty close. Especially after he kissed you on the cheek. Louis looked pretty ticked off after that.”

I rolled my eyes, “No, you don’t understand. I’m moving in with him be-”

“Moving in with him? I thought you said that there was nothing between you two other than friendship,” Liam grinned.

I tipped my head back in frustration, “No. I’m being evicted from my apartment and I need a place to stay. I didn’t want to ask Lou because his apartment is already too small. Even for just him. And I didn’t want to ask him for money either because that’s rude and I have no way to pay him back since my job sucks.”

“What do you do for a living?”

I sighed, “I’m a receptionist at a hotel in downtown...”

“Oh. That sounds...fun,” Liam struggled for words.

I nodded, “Yeah, it pretty much sucks. I really hate it. I get up at three in the morning and work until around noon. Sometimes I clock in some overtime just because I need the money for the food too.”

“You don’t have enough money for food?”

I bowed my head in shame, “Sometimes. I already lost my hot water at my apartment. I really don’t have anything left anymore.”

Liam frowned, “That’s terrible. I’m sorry.”

“I guess it’s my own fault.”

“How is it your fault?”

I shrugged again, “I could have gone to school and gotten a real job. There poses the questions, why didn’t I go to school? Well, that’s because I didn’t have money for tuition.”

“Why don’t you have money for school?”

I let out all my breath at once, “I’m an orphan, Liam. My parents died six years ago and I lived with Louis and his family until I was old enough to get my own place. Now, I have my own place and I don’t have money to support myself. Harry was kind enough to offer room in his apartment until I can get money and support myself.”

“Harry’s great that way. He’s always open to helping people and he’s always good to people. He’s a great friend,” Liam smirked and stood up, putting on his jumper again. “I think we should get going.”

I nodded and stood up, putting on mine too.

We walked next to each other, our feet stepping in time. “Do you know where Harry lives? I don’t know where. He wouldn’t tell me.”

Liam nodded and we continued to walk in silence all the way up until Harry’s apartment door. “I just wanted to say thanks for today. I had fun.”

I looked at the floor, “I just wanted to say thanks again for meeting me today. Especially after I was such a bitch to you the past couple of days.”

He shrugged, “It just took time to get to know you, that’s all. You’re actually not that bad to be around.”

“I’ll take that as a compliment instead of an insult.”

He grinned, “Take it as you wish.”

“Bye, Liam. Maybe we could have another football tournament?”

He nodded, “That would be cool.”

“Cool. I’ll talk to you later.” I opened the door to Harry’s apartment and immediately laid on the couch, not bothering to close the door or even let him know I was crashing at his place for the night. He would figure it out eventually. With that, I closed my eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wanted to crank out another chapter tonight :) Or this morning...it's half past midnight in my house...wow...it's super late. I can't even function properly. I pray to God this makes sense to you people...