Status: ??

Unbroken

I love you, and only you.

“NO!” Arielle shrieked as Sierra pushed her into the clothing store. “YOU WON’T MAKE ME GO IN THERE!”

Sierra rolled her eyes. “Stop being a drama queen, Ari. You’re going to see Josh for the first time in years; I want you to show him that you’ve moved on. And in order to do that, you have to look good.”

“But what if I haven’t?” Arielle muttered, rubbing her temples.

“What was that?” Sierra asked her absentmindedly as she looked through a rack of dresses.

Arielle shook her head and walked off to the other side of the store to find an outfit for Saturday.

As Arielle was looking through many overpriced dresses, she couldn’t help but overlook a cute couple, one that resembled who she and Josh used to be.

“That’s the one, Rach.” The boy whispered into the girl’s ear, Arielle watched her giggle softly.

“Are you sure it’s not too much? I mean I—“

“Nothing is ever too much for you, baby girl. You’re priceless.” The boy smiled as he leaned down to kiss her softly.

The girl smiled through the kiss. “I love you.” She murmured.

The boy pulled away and kissed her on her forehead. “I love you too.”

Arielle smiled, and then frowned. This all seemed too familiar…

“Josh,” Arielle groaned, “you know I hate shopping for dresses.”

“A beautiful girl like you deserves the very best. Don’t let that pretty face go to waste.”

Josh cupped her face and gave her a peck on the lips.

Arielle pouted. “You care about me, right?”

“Of course I do.” Josh responded without hesitation.

“Then don’t make me go on there.” Arielle wailed as she buried her face in Josh’s coat.

“Why on Earth why would you not want to go in here? Isn’t it a girl’s dream to go prom dress shopping?” Josh looked down at her, confused.

Arielle sighed as she looked through the window, spotting Brittany. Brittany Hamilton, her sworn enemy since Kindergarten. Arielle was always the shy girl at school, hidden behind books and wasn’t really much of a partier. She would much rather stay at home with a few friends and watch movies. And Brittany on the other hand was your stereotypical girl from California. She had that beach blonde hair, blue eyes, and skin so orange that it made her look like a reject oompa loompa. Arielle’s best friend, Sierra, was also a blonde but she was the exact opposite of Brittany. To make it even better, they both hated her. The main reason Arielle hated her so much is because the one time Arielle and Josh ‘took a break’ from their relationship at the end of sophomore year and the beginning of junior year. During that time, Josh and Brittany started to date. Arielle was always afraid Josh would leave her for Brittany because she was prettier and more fun to be around.

“You want to know the reason I don’t want to go in there? She’s the reason.” Arielle gestured towards Brittany.

“Brittany? Babe, she’s got nothing on you.” Josh tried reassuring her.

“You sure didn’t think so last year.” Arielle muttered.

“What was that?” Josh heard it perfectly clear, but he wanted her to repeat it.

Arielle shook her head and entered the store.

At the end of their sophomore year, Josh started hanging around Brittany more than he did Arielle. Canceling dates so he could be with Brittany, missing their anniversary to go to a party at Brittany’s, lieing to her multiple times about being at Brittany’s because he didn’t want her to ‘be jealous’. Arielle accused Josh of cheating on her, which of course, he denied. They had a huge fight of words they wish they hadn’t said and Arielle broke up with him, only to find less than a week later he was with Brittany. Arielle couldn’t fully trust him, even then.

“Let’s just get this over with.” Arielle sighed, walking past Brittany and looking at dresses on the rack.

Brittany looking side to side, getting support from her friends, approached Arielle and Josh,
“Hey there, Little Mermaid.” Brittany smirked, referring to Arielle’s name.

“What do you want Brittany?” Arielle sighed, crossing her arms.

“I just wanted to come over and say hi, is there anything wrong with that?” Brittany asked, innocently. “Oh hey Josh, didn’t notice you there.” Brittany suddenly acknowledging Josh's presence.

“Will you stop flirting with me? I have a girlfriend, you know.” Josh rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed.

“You certainly didn't seem to have a girlfriend last night. By the way, I had a great time.” Brittany winked at Josh as she walked off back to her friends.

“What did she mean by last night?” Arielle asked, skeptically as she crossed her arms.

“Ari, she’s lying to you.” Josh replied, calmly.

“And how do I know that you’re telling the truth?”

“Because I’m your boyfriend! You should trust me Arielle!” Josh told her, sounding hurt.

“I’m not sure what to trust anymore, Joshua.” Arielle started to walk away.

“Is this still about last year with Brittany?” Josh walked towards Arielle.

“Don’t start with that crap; I try my best to forget it.” Arielle snapped.

“Babe, don’t you know that I love you? And that I’d never try to hurt you?” Josh encompassed Arielle in a hug.

“What did you say?” Arielle looked up at him in disbelief.

“I know it’s taken me a long time to say it, but saying I love you isn’t a term that should be used lightly.”

“I love you too.” Arielle whispered, tears perking at her eyes as she wrapped her arms around him, never wanting to let her prince charming go.


“Arielle! I found a dress for you, come over here!” Sierra called out to her best friend.

Arielle suddenly snapped out of her flashback. “Coming!”

“I don’t know if I’m ready to see him again.” Arielle thought. “I don’t know if I’ll ever be ready.”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for so many flashbacks! I need to give this some background!