Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Sick.

“Where are you going?” Lila grumbled as she felt Jon get out of bed.

“To work out, like every other morning,” Jon replied his voice groggy.

“Yeah fucking right get back in bed you’re sick and you know it.” Lila sternly said as she sat up.

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t pretend like I don’t know you got up to throw up last night. You’re sick and in no condition to go work out.” Lila now was standing her hands on her hip and a very serious look on her face.

“I’m fine.”

“Jonathan Bryan Toews, you get your giant unemployed ass back in bed. You can skip one work out.”

“Not really, I should go, I’m leading some guys,” he began to violently cough.

“Jon,” Lila began to soften, “sweetie just get back in bed, let me take care of you today, I don’t want you to get more sick and you don’t want to get any of the guys sick either.”

“Fine.” Jon sighed before crawling back into bed, Lila came over and place the back of her hand.

“You’re burning up, you need to learn when to take it easy.”

“That’s what you’re here for, to help me relax,” Jon gave a weak smile.

“Well I must have to try harder. I’m going to get you something to bring down your fever but after that you need to sleep,” Lila left the room coming back with a glass of water and some pills, handing them to Jon.

Lila decided to tidy up the house while Jon was asleep. As she cleaned dishes, she smiled to herself for being more stubborn than Jon and now for taking care of him. It made her feel mature and for once that wasn’t a bad thing. She then began to make her Grandma’s homemade chicken soup.

When she was putting the finishing touches on the soup, Jon came out of the bedroom looking pale. He grunted at Lila before falling down on the couch. Lila gave a small smile before grabbing a blanket and draping it over him and rubbing his back.

“Are you feeling better?” Jon nodded and grumbled in response, “do you think you can eat some soup and keep it down?” To this he nodded again and sat up wrapping the blanket over his shoulders.

Lila came back with two bowls handing Jon one before taking a seat next to him. They sat in silence eating soup until Jon asked for another bowl, which was followed by more silence. It was a good silence followed by a food coma that overtook Jon. He had his head in Lila’s lap, quietly snoring due to his clogged sinuses. Lila ran her nails lightly across his scalp as she watched the snow fall over Chicago and for the first time in months, she felt like she was home.

~~~~~~~~

Lila and Jon were in bed watching a movie and laughing. Lila was swatting Jon away trying to get him to making her laugh claiming she was about to pee herself. Once she caught her breath she snuggled into Jon’s chest.

“Are you feeling better?”

“Yes, does that mean you’ll finally let me out tomorrow?”

“Well I’ll have to ask the warden but I guess I can let the captain go back to his work.” Jon gave a light chuckle in response.

“Good I’m getting a little flabby, these three days have been a real pain.”

“Yeah your ass hasn’t been as tight and perfect lately.” Lila teased before pinching his butt cheek.

“Oh really?” Jon asked before Lila nodded. He then moved so he was half sitting on Lila, half between her legs, “still think that?”

“No, I never did, it’s your best asset.” She laughed before wrapping her arms around Jon’s middle, “I wanted to talk to you about the holidays.”

“Yes what about them?”

“I was wondering if we could invite my family to spend them up here with us?”

“Uh, well my family already sort of planned on coming up here but-“

“No, that’s fine, they can come up after Christmas, I mean broken family equals broken holidays, we’re used to it.” Lila nodded.

“Li, it shouldn’t have to be that way, we have plenty of room to share the holiday and it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if our families met.”

“You sure? I mean my mom and dad will both be there and do you really want to expose that to your perfect Canadian family?”

“Like your mom and dad together?”

“Well not together together but here at the same time trying to be as much of a family as we can. I mean we spent Thanksgiving together in Europe and it was not a disaster. My parents had sex and didn’t get into a fight so I thought overall It was a success.”

“They had sex?”

“Yeah my sister said she saw our mom leave his room in the morning, so we knew what was up. But Melissa got her hopes up thinking it meant they would get back together but mom told me she was going to give him real deal divorce parents at the beginning of the year.”

“So it means this may be the last time they are civil with each other for a while?”

“I kind of want to milk it as much as possible, but if your family is coming my parents can come after Christmas.”

“Sweetie, I want you to have Christmas with your family, especially if this is a special circumstance. We can share the apartment, it’s not like we don’t have enough room!” Lila squealed and hugged Jon.

“I’m so excited for Melissa to come up here, I told her I would take to the Nutcracker. And maybe I’ll get to have the talk with her about her losing her virginity to that boyfriend of hers.”

“You guys talk about that?”

“Duh. I was slut, she comes to me for my vast knowledge on the topic. But in Europe she told me she hadn’t slept with him yet because she wasn’t ready. I’m so proud of her for being strong and having morals, but I can’t wait until she pops her cherry.”

“That’s really weird and something I don’t ever want to talk about again.”

“Fine, maybe we can hook up your brother with my sister while they’re here!” Lila yelled.

“Not happening.”

“I’m going to call my family, then I’m going to call mama Toews! Get ready for the weirdest Christmas of your life.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Trying to move this along, more comments would help.

But thank you for sticking around.