Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Sisters.

“Oh my god, it’s not going to work,” Lila groaned as she put her head down on the kitchen table, Jon sat next to her putting a hand on her back, rubbing it soothingly.

“It will work, don’t freak out.”

“How can I not freak out? I keep looking and it won’t work. If we assume you’re going to win the cup this year, we can’t have the wedding until late June but then we have to make sure it doesn’t conflict with the parade and stuff. So I look in July and I know you won’t want to get married on Fourth of July. Then you’ll probably have your day with the cup, which you’ll use to give back to the community like the perfect man you are, so that makes mid-July not work because you’ll be planning and stuff. Then the last week of July would be the convention followed by Bryan and Amanda’s wedding. Then isn’t there like Olympic stuff this summer? Then camp starts, so we can’t have wedding all this summer,” she said waving her small calendar.

“First of all, you’re planning this all around us winning the cup, which isn’t in the bag, besides what’s your hurry to get married this summer?”

“One Mamere read me my tarot cards and it says something about how there is success in love and goals will be reached, meaning a Stanley Cup. And I’m in a hurry because I just want to be married to you.”

“Well we could always get eloped, go to a courthouse or Vegas or something.”

“I can’t do that to my mom, you should have heard her when I talked to her this morning. She’s so excited; I mean she never thought this day would come. Besides I kind of want a big wedding with all your teammates, our friends, and family,” Lila blushed at the last part.

“Well then we have a big wedding and we wait and you take the time to plan it,” Jon gently kissed her lips.

“I guess you’re right, besides it’s rude to send invitations to a wedding less than six months in advance. Too bad the Olympics are preventing an all star break so we basically have to wait until the next summer.”

“Well it will be worth the wait,” Jon smiled as he gave her a soft kiss, “so stop stressing and let’s go meet Patrick and Lindsey, we’re already late.”

The couple arrived at the restaurant and found their way over to a table where Lindsey and Patrick were already seated. They sat down smiling at each other and looking at the menu before the waiter came by asking for drink orders.

“Do you have Blue Moon on tap?” the waiter nodded to Lila, “Then I’ll have a glass of that with an orange slice thank you,” Jon gave her a look not saying anything as he watched the waiter leave.

“Are you sure you want to be drinking?”

“It’s after noon and this wedding stuff is stressing me out, I can handle one drink.”

The waiter came back with drinks and then took the groups orders.

“You talked to your mom this morning didn’t you?” Lindsey smirked.

“Yes, and your mom too. It was like being a debutante again with them telling what I have to do and wear and where to go.”

“My mom? God that must have been fun, but thanks for getting engaged so my mom can focus her energy on you instead of me.”

“What kind of best friend would I be if I didn’t prevent your mom from marrying you off? Speaking of you getting betrothed, she did talk about a certain football player and some trade rumors about him.”

“Are you fucking kidding me? Jesus Christ if he gets traded to the Bears, I’m going to shoot myself.”

“Aww come on wouldn’t it be fun for your mom to come up the second he gets traded and plan your wedding?”

“Shut up.”

“Don’t worry he isn’t going to come to Chicago. If he does get traded it will be to Atlanta, because teams like taking their local boys.”

“You’re positive?”

“Pretty positive, he’s the only reason I know like anything about football.”

“Who are you guys talking about?” Patrick asked getting confused and a little angry about this other guy who was a part of Lindsey’s life.

“Derek, Lindsey’s soul mate before she broke his heart into ten thousand little pieces because she is a cold hearted bitch.”

“Screw you Lila,”

“Okay so the break up was kind of mutual. But you broke up with him because you finally learned having sex was better than being in a relationship and wanted to experiment before you settled.”

“I didn’t break up with him because of sex or at least that wasn’t the only reason.”

“Well no matter how you broke up, Jon and I here still have no idea what is going on,” Patrick snapped obviously frustrated.

“Derek is this boy who we went to high school. Linds knew him since she was like three and their parents were priming the two to eventually get married like her whole life.”

“They weren’t really pushing us together but it was always implied. We started dating in sophomore year. We were this stupid cliché of the head cheerleader and football star, he was my first everything and I loved him I really did. And then I got accepted to University of Chicago and LSU and he got into Northwestern and LSU to play football. So we planned on going to LSU together, so I could be there to cheer him on. And of course something about Lila being my best friend made all that changed.”

“The girl spent the her entire high school career being so blah with him, I mean they were cute but she only came to parties so the golden couple could make an appearance or so she could save my sorry ass. Anyway, because I dropped out of debutantes and decided to not go to college, I began indirectly putting ideas in her pretty little head. She decided to go to UofC to see something other than the south and he went to LSU . They stayed together for about a year then Linds drank too much one night and slept with some guy and realized she didn’t want to be some football players’ life and compromise for him. She broke up with him and became the slut we all know and love.”

“And my mom didn’t talk to me for that whole summer because I broke her heart and crushed her dreams, now enough about this bullshit. Where’s our food?”

The food came minutes later and the tension was thick. Patrick obviously didn’t like the idea of Lindsey being serious with another guy, who was potentially still in the picture. No one wanted to talk about what had just happened and no one wanted to bring up hockey, the usual go to conversation topic, due to the streak ending a day or so ago. No one was too bitter but it wasn’t nearly as fun to talk about. Mid way through they’re now awkward lunch Lila’s phone rang. She apologized but answered anyway.

“Hello?... What’s wrong?... No I’m not too busy… I have time for you, you’re in hysterics I’m not going to just hang up on you… what happened?... Jesus Christ, do you want me to come down there… well can I at least castrate him?… oh it’s one of those things… sweetie, stop crying… she said what?... god that’s so typical her, you know she cried when she learned I cut off all my hair I don’t even know why that affects anything in her life but she acts like everything we do is to hurt her on purpose… why don’t you come up here and stay with Jon and I… I’m sure it’s fine you’re family… please come and just get over this, it’s your senior year so it barely matters and if I’m being honest I think it’s best if you let mom cool off… I love you, buy your ticket and tell me when you’re coming,” Lila gave a sad smile as she hung up.

“What’s wrong with baby Carter?” Lindsey asked.

“Her boyfriend broke up with her and mom’s all pissed at her because he’s the perfect guy for her, she’s been planning the wedding since they got together,” Lila rolled her eye, “I told her she should come here and le it blow over down south.”

~~~~~~~~

Two days later Lila stood in the airport holding up a sign that said Miss. America, as she waited for her little sister to come into baggage claim. Jonathan was in the car driving around trying to keep a low profile and waiting for the two girls to come out. As soon as Melissa came into baggage claim she ran to her sister and hugged her tightly, already beginning to cry. Lila wiped away her tears and told her everything would be okay. They grabbed Melissa’s bags and went outside to hop into the awaiting car.

“Sorry to spring this on you, but there is a Hawks game tonight, we don’t have to go if you don’t feel like it but they are super fun,” Lila said looking back at her sister who was wiping her tears with her sleeve.

“No that’s fine, I probably should distract myself, I’m just really thankful you let me stay,” Melissa sniffled.

“It’s not a problem, we have an extra room and I can help you through your first real breakup. You know, like a real big sister.”

“You’re actually going to be a good sister?”

“Now I didn’t say I would be nice, I said I’d be a big sister, I think there’s a difference,” Lila laughed while Melissa stuck out his tongue.

They pulled into the parking garage and made their way up to the apartment. Jon carried Melissa’s bags to the guest room before telling the girls he was going to take his pregame nap.

“So while Jon takes his nap do you want to go shopping before the game?”

“Yeah, that sounds good, I’m going to change out of my plane clothes first.”

Lila smiled before walking into her bedroom, “I’m going shopping, so have a good nap and I will see you after the game okay?”

“Sounds good, have fun, love you,” Jon smiled pecking her lips before turning over in the bed.

The girls made their way around downtown Chicago now with a small army of bags and a handful of clothes as they made they’re way into a dressing room. They set down their stuff as they began to get into their clothes.

“So you’re telling me you go to every single hockey game in heels and cute clothes?” Melissa asked as she slid on a pair of merlot colored skinny jeans.

“Well not every game, sometimes I wear a jersey or something, but for the most part I look nice, its like a thing WAGs do.”

“God it sounds like you’re in a cult or something, and that looks super sexy on you, you should wear it to the game tonight,” Melissa grinned at the red and black striped pencil skirt her sister was wearing.

“It looks like I actually have an ass, now enough about me, give me the dirt on the boy.”

“Can we not talk about it right now? I kind of don’t want to think about, but we can talk tomorrow,” Melissa pouted.

“Fine, but then you have to let me buy you that top, it makes your little bitty titties look real nice,” Lila laughed.

“Haha real funny, let’s make fun of the girl who’s boyfriend broke up with her giving her great self confidence at the moment.”

“Aww sweetie, I’m sorry but fuck him, you’re Junior Miss. America, you’re way better than him I’m sure. But we won’t talk about that. But we should buy this stuff so we make it to the game on time.”

The two sisters made their way into WAGs suite at the United Center. Lila was wearing her new pencil skirt and a pair of heels that made her way too tall for her own good. She had her arm looped with her younger sister who smiled brightly at all the women who turned to look.

“Ow ow, look at the sexy Mrs. Toews. And who is this visitor? Junior Miss. America we have heard so much about?” A very pregnant Kelly-Rae Keith called out from her seat.

“Not Mrs. Toews yet, but this is the little sis/ miss. America, you can see where all the good look genes went.” Lila laughed as she pulled her sister around to introduce her before she sat down next Abby and little Madelyn.

“I don’t understand hockey at all so y’all will have to tell me what’s going on,” Melissa drawled as the boys set up for puck drop.

“Just watch darlin’ it’s pretty simple,” Lila replied.

“Oh my god I forgot how southern you are,” Dayna laughed as Lila picked up the accent.

“Like half of you don’t start saying aboot during the off season,” Lila shook her head.

The girls watched the game trying to explain the little rules to Melissa who was picking up on it fairly quickly. Lila was happy to see her sister so care free and happy with her favorite women and played with Madelyn in her lap as the girls made Melissa feel at home.

The game ended and Lila was sure she had converted her sister to a hockey fan. She went on and on about all the good plays and how well everyone played. Complimenting Lila on picking one of the most talented men. The girls drove home instead of meeting the guys outside of the locker room.

“You looked so cute with a little girl today it makes me super excited for being an aunt, now that it’s an option,” Melissa grinned as she split a pint of ice cream with her sister.

“Thanks, I love that little girl to pieces,”

“Is it weird for you to have all the wives be pregnant after what happened?” She quietly whispered, “never mind that was a stupid question I shouldn’t have brought it up.”

“No, it’s fine. I mean it’s sad but you know it wasn’t meant to be. But one day I promise you will a aunt to a super cute baby.”

“Hey ladies how are you?” Jon said walking in the apartment.

“Just going to bed,” Melissa stood up and Lila gave her a look, “go make me some nieces and nephews,” she whispered as she walked to the guest room.

“You want to go to bed?” Jon asked.

“Sure, lets go.” Lila stood up still wearing her heels and skirt walking past Jon sashaying more than normal.

“Well that’s a new outfit, I mean, your ass looks really nice today,” Jon smiled as he pulled her into him, grabbing a handful, “but feeling it, it’s an illusion you still have no ass.”

“Hey we have enough booty in this relationship because of you,” Lila laughed, “Now let’s get to the good stuff.”

“Your sister is in the apartment,”

“Fine, but can we still make out like high schoolers?”

“Anything for you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long, school has been crazy, but you've all heard that lame excuse before. But thanks for all the subscribers, 190 now that's Jon's number times ten, it's a sign.

This chapters all over the place but there is important stuff in it for later and for funsies and for whatever, I can do what I want. And you can do what you want, and if that means you want to comment I would very much appreciate that.

Love you with all of my very sleep deprived soul!