Sequel: To Eternity
Status: Working on...

Savage Hearts

Serendipity.

Jonathan walked through the airport, reaching the point where the walls open up into baggage claim. He looked around the crowded airport. Suddenly feeling panicked when he didn’t see the familiar blonde. He silently cursed himself for not reminding his girlfriend the time of his arrival. Then his eyes locked with a colorful sign with the words Toe-ez and Tazer crossed out replaced Jonny cakes surrounded by hearts. He rolled his eyes and looked up at Lila holding the sign. Once their eyes locked she grinned and ran towards him. Running into him full force. Slightly knocking him back, unprepared for a girl of her stature to hip check a hockey player. She wrapped her arms around his mid section holding him tightly and dropping her sign.

“I missed you so much.” She got on her tiptoes pecking his lips. “Longest twelve days of my life.” She grinned as they walked over to retrieve his bags. She grabbed his hand interlocking their fingers.

“I missed you too. You’re really touchy feely today. Are you still drunk from last night?” She hit her head to his chest in response.

“I’m so sorry I forgot to call you for New Years.” She frowned. Strangely it made Jonathan happy to see that for once Lila felt guilty for something she did wrong.

“It’s fine, Lindsey called me and told me what happened. Her parents really got you drunk?”

“Yes. They seem to always forget I’m not my mother and buy me lots of liquor, most likely in the form of whiskey and even more likely to be Southern Comfort. Then they mix me drinks and next comes sloppy drunk Lila, I’m worse than my borderline alcoholic mother.” They climbed into the car with Jonathan driving.

“You’re allowed to drink just don’t get drunk because you are the worst drunk.” She stuck out her tongue and Jonathan chuckled. “Did you kiss anyone last night at midnight?”

“I was partying with Lindsey and her family so I ended up kissing Lindsey. Drunken Lila apparently likes to be a lesbian too because there were definitely plenty of guys at that party. Lindsey was mad because I cock blocked her.”

“At least you were looking out for each other, so neither of you made mistakes with men last night.” His hands tightened around steering wheel just thinking of Lila kissing another mind.

“I guess. Do you want to open presents once we get to your apartment? I put mine for you in there already.”

“That sounds good.” Jonathan said while parking his car in the parking garage before grabbing his bag and Lila’s hand as they made their way to the elevator.

Once they reached Jonathan’s floor they walked towards his apartment. Lila was erratically swinging their hands causing Jonathan to give her a strange look. She quickly stopped and stared at the ground as Jonathan searched for his key before turning the lock and entered the apartment. He practically had to drag Lila in behind him who suddenly seemed to be glued to the spot outside the apartment.

“What did you do to my apartment?” Jonathan questioned, setting his bag aside and looking at the walls now covered in framed artwork and pictures.

“Um, I thought your apartment seemed a little naked.” She shrugged.

“So you just put up pictures?”

“Yeah, I couldn’t move in if your apartment if it was all naked and ugly.” She gave a small smile as Jonathan continued to look around the hall confused.

Suddenly her words hit him and the realization made a grin spread across his face. He grabbed by the waist and pulled her close spinning her around. Jonathan thought his chest was going to explode with excitement. The only other time he felt this much emotion was after winning the Stanley Cup and even that didn’t seem as incredible as Lila moving in. She came on her own, without prodding. Well, if you didn’t count the months of Jonathan begging and pleading for her to move in.

“You’re serious? You’re not kidding me, because that would be a really cruel joke.”

“No I’m serious. I came home, packed up all my stuff, and moved in. I should give you a tour of your place because I had to move some things in order to fit all my stuff.”

“So all your stuff is in here, you’re completely moved in?”

“Tampon, panties, and all.” Lila laughed.

“Good. Now show me around.”

Lila grabbed Jonathan’s hand pointing at the paintings and photos, telling John which ones she had done and which ones were made by friends of hers. Lila didn’t own any of the furniture or appliances or dishes at Lindsey’s apartment, since Lindsey’s parents paid for everything, so the tour outside of the bathroom and bedroom was rather short. She showed him where she moved his razor and shaving stuff, so her makeup and lotions would have space. Then they moved to the bedroom where she hung up her dresses next to Jonathan’s suits and the majority of her clothes were occupying draws that were overflowing since she didn’t move many of Jonathan’s clothes, just placed hers on top. Jonathan laughed at her idea of moving in but Lila felt guilty about taking over his life if she moved in. To which Jonathan rolled his eyes muttering something about how he thought she already had a long time ago. They both sat on the edge of the bed; Lila rested her head on his shoulders while Jonathan looked around the room taking everything in, trying to take in every component of this moment. His eyes were drawn to the bedside table.

“When was that picture taken?” He asked pointing to the picture of Lila on Jonathan’s back; both of them grinning like fools.

“To be completely honest I don’t remember. I think Lindsey took it, but it’s been in my room for like a year now so I couldn’t just leave it there.”

“I like it, we look normal.”

“Maybe we should get rid of it then, I don’t want anyone thinking that.” Jonathan playfully shoved her. “Do you want to open presents now?”

“Sure, I’ll go get mine.” Jonathan got up and came back with a large box while Lila reached under the bed to grab a small box.

“You can go first because mine’s stupid.” She handed him the box, which he quickly ripped open pulling out a small handmade book. He began to flip through it.

“So you really decided to go with the coupon book?” She nodded as he looked through them, “Jesus Lila these pictures are really graphic.”

“I’ve gotten really good at drawing you naked.” She giggled.

“Because I was worried you weren’t good at that… I get two free massages?”

“See one is normal and one is a clothes optional one. Also there’s a move in with no resistance you can rip out because I just made that the better part of your gift” She smiled as he continued looking at the book.

“A ‘leave you alone when you lose’ coupon, when have I ever asked you to do that.”

“Well now that I live with you, you’ll meet PMSing bitchy Lila and maybe you’ll just want me to leave you alone. She’s a real bitch I’d save that one for playoff season.”

“Thank you this will come in handy.” He leaned in and gave her a quick peck. “Now open yours” He handed her the large box. It was poorly wrapped and Lila chuckled knowing he obviously did it without any help. She tore off the paper and opened the large cardboard box below.

“Sweet a new Blackhawks sweatshirt, my old one is covered in paint, and a black Blackhawks jersey, I needed one. But is this gift just to boost your ego?”

“A little bit, I like you wearing my team colors, but I especially love it when my name is on your back.” He smirked as he nodded to the box implying there was more.

“New paints too, you knew I needed those. And a little silky red robe, I was waiting for something skimpy, you couldn’t resist. Thank you.” She hugged the soft fabric to her chest

“Lindsey wanted me to tell you the robe was from her too, she helped me figure out what to get you, there’s one more thing in the box.” He smiled as she reached in to find a jewelry box.

“Oh it’s a dream catcher! Jonathan I love it!” She said pulling out the small silver dream catcher. She looked at the three silver feathers, “Oh and it says to Lila, love Jon. I love it sweetie thank you.” She wrapped her arms around him.

“It matches your tattoo and since you’re my dream and I feel like I’m sort of tangled in your web I thought I could be tangled in the web on your dream catcher.” He started to blush at how sappy he sounded.

“Aww, baby. That is so cute! You make me feel like a real unromantic loser.”

“No I love your gift and you moved in I couldn’t ask more. This is one of my best Christmases ever. And speaking of your gift I think I’d like to cash in one of my coupons.” He grinned before knocking all gifts on the ground, hovering over her with hunger in his eyes.

“Tonight is on the house baby.” She grinned before leaning up and kissing him. Immediately feeling the heat consume her body.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for all the feedback! I really appreciate it.

Hope you enjoy! Comment and Subscribe!