Life as a Single Mother

Chapter One- Our lives

"Auntie Sammy!!!" Adriana screamed.
Sam went running to her room, "What?!"
"I cant tie me shows"
"Want me to show you?" Sam asked.
"Peas"
Sam showed Adriana how to tie her shoes. Adriana gasps, "Sammyyy i did it!"
"Yeah you did you wanna go show mommy?"
"But mommy still sleepy"
"Then go wake her up she needs to get ready, love"
"Kay" Adriana run to my room, and jumped on me. "Mommy wake up!"
I peeked one eye open, I grabbed Adriana and started to tickle her.
"Auntie Sammy help me!" she giggled. "Mommyy stopppp"
"Alright, are you all ready for the park?"
"Yes but you not" she frowned.
"I know, but did you eat breakfast?"
"No auntie Sammy said we go Denny's house..who he?"
"SAMANTHA"
"What?"
"Who is Denny?" I joked, giving her the hint to tell Adriana.
"Oh Denny? Ooh man, Adriana let me tell you all bout him. Lets let mommy get ready"
"Okay" Adriana kissed my cheek, jumped off my bed and went with Sam.
I got out of bed and changed, listening over on Sam's story about Denny.
"Denny is this really amzayn guy, who cooks the bestest food in the whooole wide world."
"he make pan-pans?"
"Of course he makes pancakes and the best ones too."
Adriana gasps, "I go Denny now"
"Shh we have to wait for mommy"
“Okay” Adriana sat on the sat on the couch watching Big Time Rush.
I came out finally dressed, “sweetie are you ready to go?”
“Mommy, mommy, mommy, can we go Denny's house?”
“Sure we can, honey. But first go get Harry” I told her, Harry is her stuffed animal she cant go anywhere without it.
“MOMMY! HARRY GONE!” Adriana started crying.
Sam came to Adriana’s side, “Shh honey where did you last have him?”
“my bed”
“Did you look around your bed?”
“yes he not there no more”
“well lets go check again”
I quickly packed up Adriana’s diaper bag, my purse, finally found the car keys. Just in time too, Adriana had found Harry and was clutching him tight.
“no do that harry” Adriana tapped his nose.
“You ready pumpkin?”
“yes”
“alright take Sammy’s hand and we will go”
Adriana took Samantha’s hand and we walked out to my truck, Sam put Adriana in car seat and buckled her up. Soon “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction started to play on the radio.
“Mommy i like song”
“Want me to turn it up?”
“peas”
I turned it up just a little bit, Sam and I could hear Adriana trying to sing along. We pulled into Denny’s parking lot, got inside and got seated.
“Hi, I’m Carla, can I start you off with some drinks?”
“Hi Carla” Adriana smiled.
“Hi sweetie” Carla smiled back,
“I’ll have ice tea” Sam said looking at her menu.
“I’ll have coffee, she will have apple juice...”
“and milk! for Harry”
“Right, I forgot bout Harry” I cleared my throat, “We need a small saucer of milk for Harry”
“Alright, one ice tea, coffee, apple juice and saucer of milk?”
“Yes”
“Alright I will bring that right out” Carla left.
“Mommy can I have pan pans?”
“Sure you can, but you have share them with Harry”
“Okay”
Carla came back with our drinks, “Here’s Harry’s milk”
“thank you”
“Are we ready to order?”
“Sam you ready?”
“You go ahead,”
“Kay, I will have Banana Pecan Pancake Breakfast, Adriana will have the chocolate chip pancakes. Sam?”
“Um I shall have... the Banana Caramel French Toast Skillet”
“Alright, that will be out soon” Carla took the menus and left.

We didn’t really talk much while we waited for our food. Sam was texting or tweeting not sure which, Adriana was playing her Harry, as for me, I was thinking about the past three years. I’m 21 now but I don’t have the free time for me, Sam is 22 and living her life being an actress. I have me and Adriana who stay at home most of the time.
“Alright here’s the pancakes” Carla set down Adriana’s plate, “Banana pancakes, and French toast. Anything else I can get for you ladies and lad?” Carla didn’t forget about Harry, even though he’s just a stuffed animal.
“No we’re good, thank you” Sam spoke up for me. “Dude what’s wrong? You look so deep in thought”
“I’m not sure, but I-I’m fine. Lets eat”
We ate our food, then left to the park. Adriana was running around having fun, when Sam came over to me.
“Alright spill, what was all that about?”
“I’m 21 years old, I’m not even living my life.”
“No but you have an amazing daughter that's more than living”
“Yeah but she still needs fatherly figure, cause fuck face isn’t coming back”
“Yeeah I know, well for right now, please be happy. You have an amazing life Anna don’t let the little things get you down.” Sam hugged me and went to go play with Adriana.
She was right, Adriana is amazing, I have a good life, just the pains of being single getting to me again, I guess. I wish Adriana had a good, caring, loving father. Sam’s boyfriend who she never really mentions or never brings out sounds pretty amazing. Someday I will meet him, at least I hope.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, I do call my ex F**kFace.