Status: Completed :) Go For the Sequel! ^^

It's Called Warped Because Hell Was Already Taken

One Step Too Late

“Danny! Get off of me!”
I could smell the whiskey strong on his breath as I shoved him off of me.
He was heavy though, and my speaking only gave him an opportunity when my lips parted.
“Come on Worsnop.” I heard Ronnie speak.
Danny’s weight was lifted off of me and he leaned against Ben.
“Sorry about that kid.” he slurred. “You’re just so beautiful.”
I chuckled, feeling my cheeks warm.
“Thanks, I guess.” I muttered under my breath.
The slight buzz I had gotten from the whiskey had worn off with the surprise of the kiss.
“Where’s the whiskey?” I asked, looking at Ben’s empty hand.
“Right here.”
Ronnie was holding it, a worried expression on his face.
“What’s wrong?” I asked, trying to pry the bottle away from him.
“Ashley.”
I turned around, unsure of what I was looking for. My eyes zeroed in on the pile of broken glass and the clear liquid running on the pavement.
What happened?
“Um?”
“He was coming this way when Danny kissed you…” he trailed off.
Damn it!
“Let’s go find him.” I sighed.
“Bye babe! Come back soon!” Danny called out, blowing me a kiss.
“Now that we’re alone…” Ben whispered, and I thought I heard him purr.
“Where could he be?” Ronnie asked me.
“Somewhere he can drink in peace? I would say our bus.”
Nodding he followed me towards our tour bus.
“Hold on.” Ronnie stopped me as I reached to open up the door.
“What?”
“Let me see your cheek?”
“Kay.”
“It doesn’t look bad.” he commented after looking where Zack slapped me. “It’s just the littlest bit red, but nothing too noticeable.”
“That’s good.”
“Let’s go inside then.”
I opened the door, warm musty air greeting me.
“God, we need to remember to leave the windows open on this thing.” I mumbled under my breath.
“Ashley?” I called out.
“What?”
I didn’t expect him to answer; I would have thought he was ignoring me.
I followed his muffled voice to the back room where he was sitting on the couch, a guitar on his lap.
“Ashley?”
“What do you want?” his voice was cold.
“What’s wrong?”
“What do you think?” he scoffed.
“It wasn’t what you think.” I started. This was a terrible way to start off the conversation, it just automatically makes you seem guilty.
“Really Andy? Because I’m pretty sure I saw you kissing Danny.”
“Ashley!”
“You’re such a slut Andy.”
He took another drink of the bottle I hadn’t seen nestled between him and the couch.
“Stop drinking and fucking listen to me!” I took the bottle away from him, passing it on to Ronnie.
“Listen to me.” I repeated, sitting on his lap.
“Why.”
“Because I love you.” I kissed him.
“And I would never cheat on you.” I kissed him again.
“Danny. Was. Fucking. Drunk. And. He. Kissed. Me.” I said each word between more kisses.
“Really?” he asked in a small voice.
“Really.”
“I’m sorry Andy.”
“It’s okay. You saw what you saw, and I can’t blame you for jumping to conclusions. Please understand that I love you and I would never cheat on you.”
A new emotion crossed his face but it disappeared before I could figure out what it was.
“I love you.”
“I love you too.” I checked my cell phone. “Shit. We need to start getting ready for the show!”
Twenty minutes later I was dressed, waiting for Ashley to get out of the bathroom so I could do my make-up.
“Here.”
I looked up to see Ronnie handing me a glass of water and my pain medication. “Ashley told me to give it to you.” he explained, shrugging.
“Thanks.”

“Andy! Are you ready?” Ashley called out from the other side of the bathroom door.
“Almost!”
I applied one more coat of mascara before running out of the bathroom and off the bus.
“Finally.”
I turned to close the door when I noticed a piece of paper taped to it.
“What’s that?” Ronnie asked, reading over my shoulder.
“Remember what I told you? -Z”
Crumbling the paper I stuck it in my pocket, momentarily forgetting about Ashley.
“What was that?” Ash asked, curiously.
“What? Oh, fan letter.” I shrugged, making it seem like it was nothing.
Honestly, I was scared out of my mind.
When was he here?
“Let’s go do that fucking show!” I shouted, faking excitement.
We reached the stage a few minutes later.
“I’ll see you after the show.” Ronnie promised me.
“Okay.”
“I’ll be right there.” he pointed to a place off the side of the stage where security railings kept the fans from jumping onstage.
After a few minutes of playing a few warm-up chords we were ready to begin the concert.
“Ready?” I asked the guys, putting the microphone to my lips.
They nodded.
“Las Cruces!”
The crowd cheered; this was a massive fucking crowd. Everyone literally blurred into a sea of unrecognizable faces.
“We are going to set this place on fire first, next the fucking world!”
Jake started the chords to Set the World on Fire causing the cheering to grow louder.
“Saints born together to fight against their holy fables. The streets are where we pray. Hymns for the lonely, wretched and forgotten. The feeling in our hearts won't ever fade-”
I stopped singing.
Looking right at me, in the front of the crowd stood Zack.
Looking? More like glaring.
“Andy, what’s wrong baby?” Ashley whispered in my ear.
The others stopped playing, a soft mutter going through my crowd.
“N-nothing. I just thought I saw someone…” I trailed off.
He followed my line of sight, but Zack was already gone.
“Like what?” he asked.
“I, I don’t know. Let’s just keep playing.” I shook my head.
Clearing my head, I started singing.
“Racing faster, escape disaster.”
Jake caught on and started playing the notes, followed by everyone else.
Pretty soon the concert ended, the signing was done, and we were back on the bus.
“Andy, what happened there?” Jinxx was asking me.
“I thought I saw someone.” I whispered.
“Like who?” Christian asked.
“I don’t remember. Shit, I left my phone with Ronnie.” I lied. “I’ll be right back.”
I jumped off the bus, hoping they wouldn’t see the outline of my cell on my pocket.
I needed to talk to Ronnie.
Shutting the door to the bus there was another piece of paper taped on.
Shit.
I grabbed it, running towards Falling in Reverse’s bus.
I was halfway there when a hand on my shoulder stopped me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit is Not the American Average by Asking Alexandria

comment&subscribe