Status: In Progress

Where We Want to Be

Idea of Fun

“You’ve been seeing him how long, two months right?” Lucy asked amused, joining me for lunch she had jumped straight away into asking about Zayn.

“we’re not dating” I mumbled under my breath reminding her that we were just friends.

“Friends don’t kiss and hold hands” she taunted cheekily.

“We don’t kiss” I insisted, before it dawned on me, “How the hell do you know we hold hands?”

She grinned, “You don’t go out much do you? You’re on the tabloids on weekly basis with
your boy toy. I don’t understand how you haven’t noticed the paps.”

I sighed shaking my head, “I deny nothing and everything.”

“don’t get all poetic on me, I want details” Lucy begged like any other sister.

“It doesn’t matter, you’re at lunch with your sister” I rolled my eyes, “So should I take the job offer?”

“Of course” Lucy pointed out as if the most obvious thing in the world, “It’s a great opportunity for you to get your name out there, and you get to see your boyfriend every
day.”

I took her opinion into consideration, she had good points. I could get my name out there for other clients to do their hair and makeup and style them.

Lucy and I spent a few more hours catching up, she was busy with work and taking care of Sabrina while I was occupied with two jobs and helping Lou out with the band whenever she needed.

“So you’re taking the job then?” Lou asked excitedly over the phone.

“Yeah” I laughed, “So just send me the paper work in the mail or I can go pick them up whenever.”

A knock at the door interrupted my train of thought as I listened to Lou ramble on the phone non-stop, although once the door opened on its own I knew it was Zayn. He and Lucy were
the only ones with a spare key, Zayn claiming it was only a safe thing to do in case of
emergencies.

Zayn waited patiently on the couch until Lou finally got off the phone to tend for Lux, though if it hadn’t been for her daughter she would have stayed on the phone longer.

“What was that about?” Zayn asked with a smile as I took a seat across from him, sitting on
my legs.

“Lou letting me know what I would need for tour.” I murmured non challantly as I turned on the tv.

Reaching over for the control Zayn turned the tv off excitedly, “You’re joining us on tour?”

I nodded, “It could be good for my resume and the money isn’t bad.”

“You’re not going to mention that you get to see me everyday?” Zayn smirked, his face getting closer to mine.

“That sounds more like a punishment” shaking my head I pulled my face away from his.

“I take that as an insult” he whined.

“Because it’s supposed to” I retorted.

He didn’t warn me before his lips crashed down on mine, or that his hands would be resting so
low near my hips.

Before the kiss could go anywhere I pulled away, prying his hands of my waist and pushing him away while trying to catch my breath, “We agreed to take things slow.” I chastised softly.

Zayn nodded pecking my lips without a protest from me and going back to his side of the
couch, “I just wanted to let you know that I missed you.”

“You and Niall had breakfast here this morning”

Grinning he pulled me into his lap, laying his in the crook of my neck and sighing peacefully,
“Can we talk, I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” Removing his face from my neck he
moved so he was facing me, “I was going to ask you this, regardless of you going on tour or not. But since you are, now’s the perfect chance. I was hoping we could move our
relationship a step up, become official?”

I had been living my life normally, not letting my past from New York affect me. But when
Zayn brought this up, I couldn’t help but think that it would be the same. I knew it was wrong to ever think that Zayn would ever hurt me in any way; but that’s how I had felt about Greg when we first started.

“Lilah? Love, if you want to say no. I understand” he assured me cautiously.

“I just don’t want us moving too fast” sighing I ran a hand through my hair, “I don’t want you to be like all the other ones.”

“Hey, none of the other guys were Zayn Malik. And I’ll be damned if I don’t keep treating you like the princess you are.” He cooed kissing my cheek, “And if you want to say no, I understand completely and I’ll give you space.”

Leaning in I pecked his lips, “But we continue to go slow.”

He scrunched his face confused, “Is that a yes or no? Or inbetween?”

Pressing my lips against his again, he eventually got the hint kissing me back before kissing both my cheeks, my forehead and my nose with a giant smile.

“What are you doing tonight?” he asked, “That’s why I came over.”

Shrugging my shoulders I couldn’t think of any plans, I had tonight off since Matt and James had a family event and couldn’t leave me all alone to handle the bar.

“I know you mentioned Lana Del Ray being one of your favorites, and she just happens to be having a private concert tonight” Zayn watched my facial features, “And if I pull some strings, you could maybe meet her?”

I was having a fan girl fit after he let me know, not caring if I looked like an idiot I grinned widely my eyes tearing up excitedly as I jumped him, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck, “Thank you! You have no idea how excited I am.”

“If I start rambling just shut me up” I pleaded to Zayn as we were lead somewhere in the back, the private concert had been amazing. Watching in awe the entire forgetting about the lovely date standing next to me; getting lost in her music it took Zayn a while to get me back on earth.

Zayn chucked grabbing my hand in his, “You’ll be fine”

Ignoring him I tightened my grip on his hand as we entered a room, “You must be Zayn and Lilah right?” one of my idols asked, I only nodded not knowing where my voice had gone too.

“You were great” Zayn let her know; “now I know why Lilah loves your music so much.”

“You weren’t a fan?” she asked amused.

“She got me to listen to some of your songs but not all of them.”

“You caught me” I chuckled, “I was keeping them all to myself. But it’s an honor to meet you, I love your music.”

“I could say the same to you” she told Zayn, “I’m usually not a fan of boy bands, but your songs have an interesting catch.” She turned to me, “You’ve got a great guy on your hands, and not many people have enough status to get backstage at these private events.”

Zayn nodded, “Simon sends a hello.”

“It was great meeting you two, we should catch up whenever you guys are in New York.” She apologized after her manager started urging her to wrap it up, “Just get my number from Simon.”

“Thank you so much” I reminded Zayn for the hundredth time on the way home, “I can die peacefully knowing I met her in person.”

Kissing my forehead he nodded, “Are you working tomorrow morning?”

“Yeah, are you getting breakfast at the café?”

“Yeah” he nodded, “My sisters are stopping by for the day and I was thinking I could take them to get a bite to eat and meet you.”

“Meeting your sisters?” I asked nervously, meeting his best friends were one thing since most of them were in the band with him, and the other few that I had met weren’t that terrifying.

But when you mentioned meeting the family, that’s when I got nervous.

“They’ll love you” he assured me, “And they’re dying to meet you.”

Ignoring the fact that they already knew who I was I nodded, kissing his cheek before heading up to my apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made this one a bit longer as a treat for my crappy updates recently.