Status: In Progress

Where We Want to Be

Night Out

“So you met the in-laws” Matt teased as we opened the bar up.

“It was just his sisters” I reminded him, “And they were nice, until they started interrogating me when Zayn left to take a call.”

He shook his head, “And, did they deem you fit for their brother?”

I nodded with a smile, “They must have, they asked for my number. One of them even called last night for boy advice.”

Matt shook his head, “They just met you yesterday, and they’re already asking you for
advice?”

“I met them like a month ago”

He gasped holding on to his chest, “You met his sisters and you’re just now telling me?”

“Well yeah, I wasn’t going to make a big deal out of it.” I reasoned amused as he continued to hyperventilate and such.

“In tonight’s honor of celebrating your fourth month here” James grinned taking out the
giant bottle of Jack Daniels, “We’re taking shots every half hour.”

“she’s not going to be here longer” Matt whined, “She’s leaving us in a few weeks.”

“Just how you were only supposed to stay for the summer?” I smirked.

These two had become one of my closest friends, I confided in them with everything. When
Matt decided to stay past the summer I couldn’t have been more excited.

“You love that I stayed” he smiled.

“True” I admitted taking my shot of Jack Daniels, “But that doesn’t mean you don’t get
annoying.”

After a few hours I stopped taking the shots knowing I wasn’t that much of a heavy weight and it wouldn’t be a good idea to bartend drunk.

Getting home wasn’t a problem, Matt and James offering to drive me home. Instead of going into my building, I crossed the street without thinking, making my way to the fifth floor where Zayn’s apartment was located.

I hadn’t thought about the time it was, not checking before I started knocking on his door; part of me was intoxicated the other just tired.

“Lilah?” Zayn asked groggily opening the door slowly.

“I’m sorry! Were you sleeping?” I giggled.

He nodded moving away from the doorway to let me in, “Are you okay?”

“Peachy keen” I grinned throwing my arms around his neck.

“Are you drunk?” he questioned amused.

Giggling I nodded my face in his chest making my words sound mumbled, “Just a little”

He started pushing softly towards his room, “Alright, let’s get you in bed before you do anything.” Handing me a large oversized hoodie and sweat pants from his closet I shrugged taking my shirt off leaving me in a bra, throwing on the hoodie I jumped out of my spandex shorts not bothering with his sweatpants, “Lilah, love put on the sweatpants.”

I shook my head like a five year old would, climbing into the bed I grinned at him, “You said you were going to get me in bed.”

Chuckling he shook his head, “You sleep on that side of the bed and I’ll stay on my side.”

When he finally got on his side, I moved myself quickly so that each of my thighs were on his sides locking him in place, “I don’t want to stay on my side” I murmured softly, leaning down and kissing his neck.

“Not when you’ve been drinking” Zayn scolded rolling over so I was back on my side, “Now get to sleep, you have work tomorrow morning and you’re grumpy enough on a regular
morning.”

Waking up was hard enough on a regular day, but with a pounding headache I only shrunk further into the sheets.

“Love you have to get to work soon” Zayn murmured slowly pealing the sheets off me, struggling as I pulled them back over my head. Mumbling incoherent words I refused to get out of bed, Zayn gave up after a few minutes only to return with a tray of food, “I have food” he taunted.

Pouting I pushed the layers of blankets off me, sitting up I eagerly reached for the food;
“You’re too nice to me.”

“Well when my girlfriend shows up at my door at three in the morning drunk, it’s the least I can do.”

“I’m sorry about that, I don’t know what come over me.”

Laughing he pecked my lips, “I’m just happy you came here rather than some other person’s door.”

Looking over at the time I knew I had to be at work soon, eating the food he had cooked I offered to wash the plates before changing back into my work clothes from the bar.

“I’ll pick you up from the café for lunch, is that good for you?”

I nodded, “That’s fine, and I have tonight off. Do you want to go out?”

“To dinner? That’s fine” he agreed.

Shaking my head I grinned, “I was thinking maybe of going out to a club? I mean we’re only young once right?”

To be honest, I had loved everything about New York except who I had been with; but the lights and the parties and the clubbing had been great. Coming back to London I’d been living
on the quieter side then I would ever have.

I missed that side of me, going out at night and having a great time at clubs and bars. Sure it was nice, having a routine of work and just spending time alone. But I couldn’t leave in fear forever, and even just dating Zayn know showed it was okay to go back to my old ways.

Zayn let himself in as I slid into my heals, staying quiet when he saw my appearance, “Bloody hell Lilah, you look amazing. Can we just stay in tonight?”

Laughing I grinned, kissing him and grabbing my clutch I pulled him towards the front door,
“I’ve been looking forward to go out all night; let’s go.”

“I invited Louis and Liam, and they invited their girlfriends. They’re waiting downstairs.” Zayn added as we stepped in to the elevator.

Stepping out of the car I held Zayn’s arm tightly as a million photos were taken of us, thanking the lord that we got into the club quickly without a fuss. I still wasn’t used to the paparazzi
whenever I went out with Zayn and the boys and I was sure I would never get used to it.

“I say a round of shots is in order” Danielle cheered as we slid into a private table near the back.

I’d met Danielle and Eleanor a few times before and we all got along instantly, I would have hung out with them more often but El was usually always busy with classes and Danielle was always working.

“To great relationships and friendships” El grinned grabbing a shot of tequila, handing me mine as we downed them all at the same time.

“I love this song” I shrieked excitedly pulling Zayn up from his seat and onto to the dance floor.

“Is this going to be a repeat of what happened at the bar?” he asked leaning down to my ear as my back pressed against his chest.

“I don’t know” I smirked, “Can you handle me this time?”

His grip on my waist tightened as I started dancing even more provocatively, I had a goal for tonight and it wasn’t to get laid but to see to what extent I could push him, “Don’t start something you can’t get out of.”

I pressed myself against him even more as I moved my hips with the music, grinning when he kissed the back of my neck. After a few more songs we headed back to the table where El and
Louis were busy with their drinks.

“Can’t dance my ass” Louis scoffed at Zayn as we took our seats.

“Who can’t dance?” I asked confused.

“Zayn, during X-Factor one of his biggest problems was him not dancing” Louis chuckled.

Laughing I pecked Zayn’s lips, “you do fine in that category.”

“Well as long as you approve” he grinned placing his lips on my cheek.

“You boys should get us another round of drinks” El pointed out as she finished her drink.

Once Zayn and Louis left she grinned at me, “You two are the cutest couple ever, are you excited to go on tour soon?”

Nodding I chewed on the ice in the empty glass where my drink had been, “It’s going to be great.”

“Where is everyone?” Liam asked as he and Danielle came back to the table.

“Getting us drinks” I grinned excitedly.

Once the boys came back Dani turned to me and El excitedly, “Dance with me? These three probably want some time to talk.”

The three of us headed down to the dance floor, ignoring the looks we were getting as we started grinding the loud music, “Why have we never gone out like this before?” I asked over
the music.

El shrugged her shoulders, “I have no clue, but this is great. We’re doing this all the time from now on.”

The three of us would have stayed down on the dance floor longer if it wasn’t for Zayn who had eagerly taken me away from my new friends.

“That wasn’t nice” I pouted, Zayn only pecking my lips as his hips started moving against mine; “We were bonding.”

“You’ll have plenty of time to bond during tour, they’ll visit.” He chuckled placing his hands on my hips as another song started.

I smiled into the kiss as Zayn pressed me up against the wall once we got into his apartment, his hands resting on my hips while I had mine wrapped around his neck. Licking his bottom lip he eagerly opened his mouth, our tongues fighting over dominance as I pulled his neck down, as little space possible between us.