Status: Let The Games Begin

Sick Little Games

Darby

“How was your date with loverboy?” Laurel giggled as I walked into my room and threw myself down on my bed. I groaned into my pillow in response as she continued to laugh at me. It was getting a bit old having my so-called "best friends" laugh at me all the time. Apparently they enjoyed watching me suffer. That’s some great friends I have. Not.

“He totally tried to kiss me when he walked me to the door, but I didn’t let him.” I said as I rolled over. I stared up at my ceiling observing all of the stick-on stars that my dad helped me put up all those years ago. They were faded, but they still glowed in the dark every single night. It seemed as if that was just yesterday and not almost twelve years ago already that we spent the day doing that. I can still clearly remember sitting on my dad's burly shoulders to stick them all up. It was kind of scary how fast time was flying by right before my eyes. Soon enough I’d be out of high school and on my own- alone.

“Why not? Those lips are super kissable.” Laurel winked pulling me out of my reverie.

“The longer I can wait to kiss Alex, the better.” I rolled my eyes, “He’s such a pig. The barista at Starbucks gave him her number and he kept it. He took me out on a supposed 'date' and got another girl's fucking phone number! Who does that?"

“Looks like you’re losing the bet right now, Sweets.” Laurel grinned, “Better step your game up, you know what happens if you lose.”

“Don’t remind me.” I rolled my eyes, “There is absolutely no way I’m losing this bet.”

“Well then you should have let him kiss you. Seriously, you’re the only girl I know who hasn’t let Alex kiss them on the first date. When we dated for a week freshman year, I kissed him before, during, and even after the date.”

“And then he never called again, Laurel.” I said. I constantly had to remind her that he screwed her over too because she was always so ready to forgive him, “He got what he wanted and then he got out of there.”

Laurel sighed and sat down next to me on the bed. She pulled some of my hair up and began to braid it aimlessly as she gnawed on her tongue deep in thought, “It was for the best. I mean, what if he did call and we became a couple and then he slept with me and I got pregnant and then I was forever a single mom!”

“Ow, that’s my hair!” I shouted as I sat up. In Laurel’s excitement she had begun to really pull my hair hard while braiding, “Yeah, let’s thank God for that. The only thing worse than Gaskarth babies running around is Gaskarth/Freeman babies running around.”

“We would have some sexy kids though, you can’t deny.” Laurel smirked, “That boy is a fine piece of ass, and I’m one hell of a catch.”

“And that’s why you’ve been single for a majority of your high school career.” I rolled my eyes at my own sarcastic remark. She made it too easy sometimes, really.

“I have high standards, what can I say?” She shrugged as she hopped up off the bed leaving my hair in a tangled mess that she created. I was about to get onto her for it when I was distracted by the doorbell, “I’ll get it, it’s probably Cooper.” She said quickly as she skipped out of my room and all the way down the stairs. After a few minutes of waiting I became extremely impatient and followed her downstairs only to see her and Cooper in deep conversation.

“What’s up?” I asked making my presence known to the two.

“Alex is good, Darby, really good.” Cooper smirked as he turned to look up at me.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I wrinkled my nose in confusion as I looked between my two friends who were smiling suspiciously.

“Go look outside.” Laurel squealed as she pushed me towards the front door. As soon as I opened it, my jaw dropped. Sitting there in four separate vases were four dozen roses all in a row. I stared at them for a moment before looking back at Cooper and Laurel. I did this a few more times before I finally snapped out of my daze.

“Fuck my life.” I muttered as I picked up two vases and brought them inside. I began searching for a card as Cooper brought in the other two vases for me and set them on my dining room table.

“It’s right here.” Laurel grinned as she picked it up off the floor and handed it to me. I took it from her, trading the flowers for the card and opened it slowly. I read it and re-read the messy scribbles that were supposed to be considered words a few times before I glanced up at Laurel who looked like she was about to explode, “WHAT DOES IT SAY?”

“Here.” I said tossing the card at her as I trudged back upstairs to my room. I could hear her beginning to read it aloud to Cooper who was peering over her shoulder intently, but I had already memorized the twelve little words.

Your lips are a hot flame baby, and our chemistry is kerosene.

Alex Gaskarth may be good, but I was better.

Game. Set. Match.
♠ ♠ ♠
I logged on to the notification of three comments, so here's the next chapter! I am on a roll with this story, :-)

Any suggestions / opinions / thoughts? Let me know!

Thanks for the comments on the last chapter!
Exceptnotreally
ftskbaby6
xXDestriXx


Please comment / recommend / subscribe!

Nobody likes a silent reader

- Sommer x