Status: Let The Games Begin

Sick Little Games

Alex

“Did you drop off the flowers?” I asked immediately after Rian answered the phone.

“Yeah, I did.” He said. I knew he was rolling his eyes even though I couldn’t see him. Rian absolutely hated when I didn’t let him get in the first word, or any words at all as the case sometimes was. “Are we having band practice today?”

“It’s Wednesday isn’t it?” I asked as I pulled into my driveway. I was still a little frustrated that Darby hadn’t let me kiss her. No girl has done that to me- ever. It was weird. I hadn’t remembered her ever being so hesitant before. I turned off my car and just sat there as Rian continued to talk.

“Yeah, I guess it is.” Rian agreed, “I’ll be there in twenty. Are you picking up Jack or should I?”

“I just got home, could you do it?” I more so ordered Rian rather than asked. He agreed and we said goodbye before I reached into my pocket and pulled out the number I got earlier during my somewhat “date” with Darby. Without hesitation I quickly added the contact and put the name as Starbucks Hottie. My fingers lingered over my contacts for a moment, scrolling until I reached the one I was looking for. I stared at the five letter name on the screen and sighed shutting my phone and putting it back in my pocket. If I called or texted Darby now, it would make me look weak, and I definitely didn’t want that.

“Hey man.” Zack greeted when I entered the basement. I guess my mother had let him in for band practice because he was already tuning his bass and his shirt was long gone, which was fairly usual. “I heard about your bet with Jack.”

“Yeah.” I laughed a little before I threw myself down on the dilapidated couch adjacent to where Zack was standing idly, “There is no way in hell I’m letting Jack win this one… Not that he usually wins anyway, but still.”

What do you even have to do?” Zack asked as he sat down next to me, his bass still in hand. I watched over his shoulder as he pulled a bandana out of his pocket and began to shine his bass slightly before he began to tie it around his head to keep his hair out of his face for when we eventually got around to playing.

“All I have to do is nail her.” I shrugged and threw my arms behind my head as I leaned back against the wall, “That shouldn’t be too hard, am I right?”

“Oh yeah, not at all, Alex,” Zack scoffed sarcastically, “You really think it’s going to be that easy? Especially with a girl who knows all your tricks? Especially with a girl who you have used all these tricks on in the past? Good fucking luck to you, bro. You’re going to need it.”

“I guess I didn’t really think this one through, huh?” I said with a sigh, “Oh well, I’m always up for a challenge.”

“You’re going to lose!” Jack sang as he burst through the doorway, “What’s that smell? It’s the smell of sweet, sweet victory!”

“What makes you say that?” I rolled my eyes as Jack jumped on the couch and rolled on top of us, his head resting on my stomach as he pulled his legs carefully over Zack’s bass, not wanting to touch it in fear of what Zack might do.

“Just because?” Jack asked as if it were obvious, “There is no way Darby is going to let you nail her that easy.”

“Oh yeah?” I smirked as I opened my texts and read the one I just received from her, “How’s this for not going to win?” I shoved my phone in his face so he could read the message and I watched the smirk on his face disappear.

Surprisingly, I had fun today. Didn’t think it was worth a round two until I got your little gifts (; -Darby xx

I quickly snatched my phone back from Jack and wrote my reply as I stood up and stretched just as Rian joined us in the room, “Now who is ready to play some good motherfucking music?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY OKAY! It's been forever, I know. But with being back home in NJ, and two Warped Tour dates, and school coming up in a week, and my art projects, and other concerts, and being with friends in NJ for so long and coming back to GA & having friends wanting to catch up here... needless to say I have had very little time for Mibba in the past month.

This chapter is just a filler, so be expecting the next one to be better. I prefer writing as Darby anyway, so that chapter will be longer, I promise.

I will make it up to you, I swear!

& I don't have time to write the commenters from the last chapter right here at the moment, but you all will get a shout out when I post the next chapter (which will hopefully be soon)! I just have to get back into the swing of things!

This chapter is terrible, I know. But please bear with me! Thanks for reading everyone! (:

- Sommer x