Status: Let The Games Begin

Sick Little Games

Darby

“Are you kidding me?” I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone aside as I twisted my hair to one side of my head, something I did often to get rid of my frustration.

“What is it?” Cooper asked curiously as he picked up my phone with a puzzled look on his face. I couldn’t blame him for being confused after my little outburst like that.

“Read the first text.” I rolled my eyes as I lay back down on my bed next to him, “He’s such a pig.”

One more x and we could have a porno on our hands. Now that I think about it… I’d like to see what you can do with those hands ;) – Alex xxX

Cooper burst out laughing as I snatched my phone back with a scowl, “He’s such a dick. I can’t wait for school tomorrow to see what he does.”

“I sure can.” I groaned as I leaned back on the headboard of my bed. Alex Gaskarth was going to be the death of me.



“More flowers, really?” I sighed as I ripped the roses out of the small openings on my locker. I was about to throw them on the ground, but stopped myself when I noticed a smiling Jack Barakat leaned up against the locker next to me.

“Trouble in paradise?” He grinned like he knew more than he was letting on, “You don’t like the flowers?”

“It’s a little much, don’t you think?” I asked as I put the flowers closer to Jack’s face so they were almost being shoved into his nose. I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as he grabbed them out of my hands and began to slowly pick the petals off one by one, leaving a mess on the floor that he clearly wasn’t going to clean up.

He leaned back a little and laughed haughtily, “Most girls would love the attention Alex is giving you. And most girls would be dying to get so many flowers.”

“I’m not most girls.” I glowered, “And besides, I already have enough flowers at home to open my own damn flower stand.”

“He just wants to let you know how sorry he is for… everything.” Jack shrugged, “He feels really bad about it all, you know.”

“And he should.” I said curtly as I slammed my locker shut, “I’ve got to get to class, I’ll see you later.” I tore off down the hallway, desperately trying to avoid any more members of Alex’s little group of core followers that might stop to chat.

“Whoa! Slow down there, Speedy Gonzales.” Scott chuckled as he grabbed my wrist the moment I turned the corner, “What’s the big hurry?”

“Hey there, Scotty.” I smirked as I watched him blatantly check me out. Scott was never one for subtlety. I guess it was part of his I’m-the-star-quarterback-I-do-as-I-please’ mentality. Most of the football team thought that way, but Scott did most of all, “I’m just avoiding someone…”

“That Gaskarth kid?” Scott mused with a playful smirk, “I thought you two were getting sort of chummy lately?”

“You could say that.” I shrugged before I cocked my head flirtatiously and began tracing shapes on his chest with my index finger, “Hey Scott, wanna cut out of here with me today?”

“I’m always up for cutting class, you know that Darby. But unfortunately, my position on the team is at stake if I cut class, so I can’t today.” He frowned, “But I’ll take you up on that offer in a few months. How does that sound?”

“Wonderful.” I laughed sarcastically knowing that in a few months I probably wouldn’t give two shits about Scott, “I’ll just stick around school until then.” I rolled my eyes, “I’ll see you around, Scotty.”

“Always a pleasure, beautiful.” Scott winked as he kissed my cheek and took off towards his classroom trying not to miss the late bell. What a pansy.

“Going somewhere?” Another voice called out from behind me. I groaned and turned around to see Alex leaning up against a locker with a vicious grin on his lips. I couldn’t help but to wonder how long he had been standing there, “I’m free if you don’t mind me replacing Hotty-Scotty-with-a-nice-body.”

I rolled my eyes and chuckled, “I’ve never met anyone who can make rhyming sound so… vile.” I shook my head as my loose curls fell into my face before I pushed them back into place once again, “I’m not sure if I’m ready for what you have in mind, but if you want to go to the park or something, I’m game. Anything to get out of this place.”

“I’ve never seen this side of you before, Darby.” Alex smirked as he began to walk over to me. Once he was close enough he wrapped one of his arms around my torso and whispered into my ear, “It kind of turns me on.”

“Keep it in your pants, Gaskarth.” I smirked triumphantly, knowing that I was making progress in one way or another.

“Fine.” Alex pouted as he pulled out his keys and tossed them in the air, catching them moments later, “You really know how to disappoint a guy.”

“Good things come to those who wait.” I smirked as he rolled his eyes and muttered something under his breath that I couldn’t quite catch.

“We’ll see about that, Darb.” He winked as he led me to his car and opened the door, “Your chariot awaits, Princess!”

“Not so fast, Mr. Gaskarth.” A piercing voice shouted that made us both freeze.

“Save yourself!” Alex whispered as he shut the door quickly and leaned against the passenger seat window. I quickly slid into the floor and watched from the tiny corner of the window as the rotund Mrs. Davies clambered over to Alex in a huff.

“Alexander William Gaskarth, you should be ashamed of yourself! Skipping school already? It’s just barely begun!” Her voice was loud enough I’m sure the entire school knew what was going on. I had to cover my mouth so she wouldn’t hear me laugh at her shrill voice.

“Sorry, Carol.” Alex said. I could instantly tell that he was grinning. He always had a way with teachers and other authority figures that kept him out of trouble; it had always made me jealous. There was a brief pause before Mrs. Davies let out a heavy sigh.

“I’m letting you off the hook this one time because your mother is on the PTA, do you understand?” She paused and I assumed that Alex was nodding his head, “Now tell your friend Darby to get out of the car and get to class before I give you both detentions.”

“Yes ma’am!” Alex saluted before he opened the car door and I fell out onto the pavement. I sighed in relief to see that Mrs. Davies had already begun to walk away. We stood there a moment as we collected our things and waited until she was a ways away before we started our walk towards the building once again.

“Darby…” Alex said quietly. I turned around to notice him still standing by his car, “Where are you going?”

A smile crept onto my face slowly as I walked back over to him, “Where ever the road takes us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellooooooo! Here's a new update finally! Please excuse my late posting. It's my fault, oops.

Please comment / recommend / subscribe!

- Sommer x