Status: Wish me luck :)

A Family Affair

1/1

So, what are you doing right now?

Weston hit send and let the text message zip through satellites and cyber space. Hopefully his girlfriend, Melissa, wasn’t busy and would send him a quick reply and keep him occupied while he helped his dad clean out the garage.

“Wes, has your sister showed up yet?”

Weston craned his neck a little further and looked and the nearly empty driveway, completely void of his little sisters’ car.

“Nope. I think it’s fair to say she bailed Dad.”

Weston watched as his dad lifted more of the heavy boxes and cursed under his breathe, “Lazy spoiled brat.”

Weston moved to help his dad with some of the heavier things, when he felt his phone buzzing in his pocket.

Very quickly, he pulled out the phone and read the text from Melissa:

Nothing, just sitting at the house watching movies on T.V. My parents left a little while ago so I’m alllllll alone…

Weston grinned as he replied:

Sounds like you could use some company ;)

Weston hit send just as his father entered from the house.

“I want to thank you for helping me out son. I know this isn’t a college student’s idea of a great Friday night.”
Weston grabbed a cardboard box, “it’s no problem Dad. I’m just lad I could help.”

The two worked in silence together, clearing out the garage, with momentary pauses for Weston to reply back to Melissa.

“Do you think this is good enough for tonight? Your mother will be pleased she can at least park her car in her again and you can take off early.” Mr. Faulk rubbed the back of his neck with his grease smudged hand.

Weston gave a small knowing smile. His father was notorious for starting projects and never finishing them. If they quit now the garage would likely stay like this for the remainder of the year.

“Yeah, Dad I think Mom will be fine. I mean progress is progress.”

Mr. Faulk smiled and clapped his dirty hand on Weston’s shoulder, “Smart boy. I wish your sister was more like you.”

“Well dad I’m gonna take off. I’ll call later.”

“Alright Wes, thanks for the help,” his father smiled and pressed and twenty in his hand.

Weston laughed quietly as he jogged to his car; his dad thought that the twenty dollars would get him far.

Well, I can at least put some gas in the car , he thought as he fumbled to put the key into the tricky ignition. He let the car run for a few moments and checked his phone one last time before pulling out on the road:

I just wish you weren’t stuck at your dad’s all night. It would have been nice to hang out.

Weston considered texting Melissa back and telling her they could in fact hang out since his Dad let him off the hook early, but then a better idea popped into his head,

I’ll surprise her instead! Girls love that spontaneous shit.
Pleased with his decision, Weston gave a final hook to his Dad and pulled out onto the road towards Melissa’s house.

Weston was very careful not to park directly in Melissa’s driveway. Parking in front of a nearby empty house, Weston walked the small distance to Melissa’s two story white house.
Weston crept along the side of the dark house and snuck onto the back porch. He could the yellow light filtering from Melissa’s room and he smiled imaging her reaction:
“Oh baby! I can’t believe you showed up.”

“Well I didn’t want to leave you home allllll alone….”


Smirking, Weston turned the knob to the back door and prayed that it was unlocked.

Aw, Crap, Weston sighed shaking the locked door knob, this ruins the surprise.

After deciding not to break into Melissa’s house, Weston called her and simply explained the situation.

“So… you’re outside my house right now?”

“Your back door to be exact.”

“Shit…”

“Is this a bad time? I thought you wanted me to come over.”

“I just wish you would have called me first… I was about to take a shower.”

“Great, I can join you.” A smile came to his lips as he heard Melisa sigh, “So is that a yes?”

“It’s a no, but I’ll be down to get you. Give me a second.”

Weston was grinning when Melissa came down to get him a few minutes later. She looked more frustrated and nervous than elated to see him.

“What? No kiss hello?” Weston asked as Melissa closed the door behind him.

Melissa gave him a quick peck on the check, “Happy?”

“Not really. I guess you can make it up to me when we get upstairs.”

Melissa’s brown eyes widened as she shot a hasty look upstairs, “So you came all this way just to try and sleep with me?”

“No… maybe?” Weston was already headed up the familiar pathway to Melissa’s bedroom, “isn’t that why you’re dating me? It certainly just can’t be because of my dashing good looks.”

“Wait! Wes,” Melissa grabbed his arm pulling him away from her bedroom door, “Let’s go in the bathroom!”

“Baby, why are you shouting?”

“I’m sorry,” Melissa spoke, lowering her voice and stepping closer to Wes, “It’s just… I’ve never had sex in the shower before.”

Wes felt a shiver go down his spine, “Fine, I’ll get the towels out of your room.”

“No let me!”

Weston gave her a strange look as he opened her bedroom door, “What is your problem tonight?”
Melissa’s eyes traveled wildly around her room, “I’m sorry I just wanna hurry. I don’t want my parents to catch us.”

“Then we can just stay in here-“

“No!”

Weston gave her another look, “Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Yes, but I had my heart set on the shower.”

“Baby,” Weston gently grabbed Melissa’s arm and led her to the bed, “we have plenty of time for that.”

Melissa began to protest, but was quickly cut off by Weston’s mouth pressed against hers.

“I still think-“Melissa mumbled, fighting less.

“It’s okay,” Weston assured her.

The couple moved to a more comfortable position on the bed. Weston easily removed Melissa’s flimsy tank top, leaving her topless and exposed. Melissa began working on the buttons to Weston’s jeans,

“Do you have a condom?”

“Yeah, “Weston mumbled breaking their kiss to search his back pocket, when a very loud sneeze filled the room.

The two stared awkwardly at each other. Neither knowing what to say or who should speak first.

“Well it wasn’t me…” Weston spoke slowly, as if talking to a small child, “and I was staring right at you so-“

“Stop it!” Melissa suddenly shrieked, tears already dripping down her face “Stop acting like you don’t know.”

Weston slowly moved off of the bed to Melissa’s wardrobe, the place where the sneeze had come from. Before he could even open the door, it slowly creaked open,

“What. The. Fuck.”

“Hey Guys,” The blonde half naked girl smiled sheepishly, “I tried not to sneeze, but Melissa , you have dust from years in here.”

“Carly, what the hell are you doing here?”

“Well Weston,” Carly gave him a “duh” look and gestured towards her appearance, “Isn’t it a little obvious?” She turned to Melissa, “He never was the brightest crayon in the Crayola box.”

“Wait,” Melissa pulled the sheets closer to her body, “How do you two know each other?”

“What the hell do you mean? I know her because she’s my little sister!” Weston exploded, “You’re fucking my little sister! Behind my back!”

“I never knew she was your little sister!”

“That doesn’t change the fact that you’re fucking her! While you’re dating me!!”

Carly cleared her throat, “So… I’m gonna take this opportunity to leave now...” She carefully moved past her brother towards the door.

“I don’t think so,” Weston growled, gripping her shoulder tightly, “you have a lot of explaining to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I adore the way this turned out.