Status: a work in progress :)

The I Love You Challenge

Melissa

Nov 12, 2012

It took Melissa a while to get over her hangover and even longer to understand why she got so drunk in the first place. It was on Monday when she was in class that it finally dawned on her. Jeff Skinner may look and sometimes act like a fourteen year old boy, but he was still somewhat attractive and a good kisser. Plus he wanted her which turned her on. That was the reason she had kept thinking about him so much, not because she thought him likable.

Jeff had texted her several times over the weekend but she was too busy trying to get her brain to stop throbbing to pay any attention. It was, however, obvious to Melissa that Jeff was interested in her. Finally, on Monday after the long battle of thoughts of Jeff and headaches she decided to text him between her classes.

Melissa: Hey kiddo, I’m free tomorrow night and would love some Skinny entertainment; you in? ;)

Jeff: Of course, dinner and a movie?

As long as we stick at my place

Whatever you want.

Be over at seven

See you then. Can’t wait!

Don’t worry, I’ll make sure the movie is PG

haha, very funny

;)

Nov 13, 2012

Tuesday night came much quicker than Melissa anticipated. Although she would have much rather have ordered Chinese, she made lasagna, garlic bread, and a fresh salad. Jeff seemed to have perfect timing, arriving just as she put the final touches to the dinner table. She answered the door to see Jeff grinning in cargo shorts and a tight red t-shirt. Just the sight of him made Melissa’s heart flutter, which terrified her.

She was not supposed to feel this way at all.

Jeff couldn’t help but grin when he saw her opening the door. She was wearing tight jeans that hugged her curves in all the right places and a green sweater that had a low neckline. Whether she knew it or not, Melissa was torturing him.

“Hey there kiddo,” she said smirking and then pulling him in for a kiss. Jeff didn’t have time to react to the new nickname; in fact, he didn’t even really care that she had called him “kiddo”. All he cared about was the fact that there was an incredibly sexy woman kissing him and he was about to lose his self-control.

When Jeff started sliding his hands underneath her sweater, Melissa pulled away. “You have to leave something for us to do during the movie,” she breathed into his eye and then she winked. Jeff blushed at the thoughts that were running through his head and followed her into the kitchen.

“You look stunning,” he told her, staring at her ass.

“Thanks, kiddo. You don’t look too shabby yourself.” He laughed at her compliment and rolled his eyes at his new nickname. “So do you like lasagna?”

“I’ll eat anything,” he replied.

“Well that’s good because you really didn’t have a choice.” They walked into the room where the food was set up.

“Wow, this is a nice layout,” Jeff remarked. The table was well lit with candlelight and the flowers he had sent her over the weekend were the centerpiece.

“My mom was really into cooking and interior design,” Melissa shrugged off the compliment. She moved to the table and sat in one of the chairs as she waited for Jeff to join her at the table.

Melissa smiled when she saw how much Jeff was enjoying her lasagna. She didn't usually cook big meals for herself but she knew that she was a great cook. Her mother had never worked out of the home a day in her life so she spent a lot of her time in the kitchen. Melissa, wanting a relationship with her mother, who wasn't very fond of being a mother, spent a lot of time watching and learning from her mother. She had always noticed how happy it made her mother and how much pride she felt when her family enjoyed her meal and now Melissa understood how her mother had felt all those years.

“Oh my god; this is amazing! You have to have the team over for dinner sometime, they would die. We always thought Tanya Staal was the best but, boy, you could give her a run for her money,” Jeff said; his face stuffed with food.

“I don’t know, I’m not really into to the whole group dinner cooking food thing. I haven’t had a home cooked meal since I was home over the summer,” Melissa said crinkling her nose.

“Are you kidding? “ Jeff gaped at her. “If I could cook this well I would never eat out again.”

“I have a busy schedule; I barely have time to make ramen noodles most nights.”

“Well, maybe once you graduate you can make us dinner every night.”

“What if I don’t even stay here once I graduate? I might go back up to Michigan to start teaching or something,” she meant it in a joking manner but wanted to see how he would react, see if he could handle what she was thinking. She hadn't really done much thought about where she would go to teach after graduating, but she wanted to see how Jeff would respond.

“Well then in five years when my contract runs out, I’ll have to sign on with Detroit, eh?” he replied with a straight face. Melissa just laughed but something inside her felt funny. She couldn't tell if Jeff was joking or serious about that. No one had ever said anything that committed them to Melissa in her whole life. She was used to being let down, forgotten, and unnoticed. She wasn't used to guys telling her they would leave their secure job to follow her wherever she went and that was a totally new feeling to her.

She let the thoughts of him moving almost 700 miles from where he lived now just to be with her fall away as they continued to eat. She let her mind wander before they left the plates on the table to watch a movie together. They both picked the Hangover and sat on the couch to get comfortable.

“Is this what happened to you when you were in Vegas last summer?” Melissa asked.

“What do you think?” he asked smirking. “How did you even know I was in Vegas?”

“I’m not an idiot, I watched the NHL Awards, Mr. Calder Memorial Trophy.”

“Pretty impressive, eh?”

“Let’s just watch the movie kiddo.”

Even after only knowing her for a few days Jeff knew better than to argue with her even though he knew that getting the Calder Memorial Trophy was impressive. She pressed play and automatically fell back and curled into his chest as he wrapped one arm around her torso. The movie was funny and Jeff loved the feel of the body laughing against his chest.

The movie ended and she looked up at him. He smiled dimples and all. Oh god, those dimples. She thought, beginning to feel seriously turned on. The sexual tension between them was so palpable that Jeff couldn't handle it anymore. His lips came crashing down onto hers and she responded enthusiastically. She re-positioned herself so she was straddling him and she could feel him growing hard beneath her. Jeff moved his lips down and kissed and nibbled at her neck, Melissa let out a soft moan. She tore herself away from him for a moment to pull his shirt up over his head and admire his muscular chest.

She started kissing his collarbone and continued all the way down to his pant line before Jeff decided it was his turn. He slowly pulled her sweater over her head to find her in a very lacy black bra. He kissed and sucked at the visible part of her chest before sliding his hands up underneath her bra and drawing circles around her nipples. This time she moaned loudly, she couldn't handle it anymore. She didn't ever expect Jeff to be this good at something that she figured he wouldn’t have gotten much of with being underage.

“Bedroom, now.” She commanded.

Nov 14, 2012

The next morning Melissa woke up with Jeff’s arms wrapped around her. The previous night had been amazing, one of the best she had had in a while. She looked over at Jeff who was peacefully sleeping. He looked even more like a child, which would normally have freaked her out, especially since the child-like man was naked in her bed, but now she liked it. She looked over at the time.

“Fuck,” she whispered. It was 8:10 and her first class was at 8:30 and she lived 15 minutes from campus. She quickly unwrapped herself from Jeff’s arms and hurried to get dressed and get rid of the “I had sex last night” appearance she was giving off.

Getting up awoke Jeff who looked over at her as she was putting her bra on and smiled.

“What happened to round two?” he grinned.

“As much as I would love that, I have class in less than half an hour.”

Jeff sat up exposing his chest and Melissa had to force herself not to get right back into that bed for round two. “What time is it?” he asked in a very cute morning voice.
“It’s 8:10.” Melissa told him. “You’re welcome to stay here and help yourself to food but I really need to leave in the next like five minutes.

“Let me drive you in, I have practice at nine anyway and I need to run home first anyway.”

“Okay but you have to be up and ready to go in five minutes.”

They both made it out of the house and Melissa to class two minutes before it started. She kissed him briefly before thanking him for everything and leaving with the promise of a text.
During her class, she let everything sink in. This whole bet thing was not going the way Melissa had planned, she was not supposed to feel this was about him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I would love your feedback; who do you want/think will win? I have an idea of who I want but I am open to reader suggestions! love you guys! Thanks so much for reading!
Also, I put the first two chapters into third person and made a small edit to the plot so if you want you can go back and re-read those.
Jess