Status: This story does contain sexual content, but it's a romance story with a lil drama to add.

Should Have Kissed You at the Park

We're Going Out, I Promise

Taylor POV

My dad had but some ribs and brisket on the pit and we had a lil cookout for our Sunday dinner. It felt so good to be with my family again. I loved living in Houston and missed it at times, but I loved being back in Atlanta. Me and my sister and sister-in-laws helped my mom in the kitchen with the side dishes, and my brothers, brother-in-law, and boyfriend helped my dad outside while the kids played. When we finished with the side dishes, we joined them outside.

“Ok, potato salad and baked beans are done” my mom said sitting the dishes on the table. I sat the Sweet tea down and Tammy put the Kool aide next to it. Sydney sat the pickles, onions, and peppers down. Angie was in charge of the babies, Maddison whose 2 and Kayla whose 3.

“Ok ya’ll lets eat” my dad said setting the meat on the table

“Hey baby” I said sitting down next to Chris and giving him a quick peck on the lips

“WAIT A MINUTE, did I miss something?” DJ said with a surprised look on his face.

“What?” I looked at him confused

“You and Chris? When did this happen, where was I?” he continued questioning with a grin

“Ohhh, this?” I smiled “Yesterday, it’s still brand new”

“Yeah, we just made it official yesterday” Chris smiled grabbing my hand under the table.

“Really, well that’s good. I was wondering how long it was gonna take you Chris to make your move” DJ laughed

“Yeah, I had to be sure she was feeling me too first” Chris blushed.

“Well, all I can say is if ya’ll are happy, then I’m happy too” said DJ

My dad blessed the food and we ate dinner and had good conversation. I was glad that my family was okay with me and Chris being together. After dinner, my mom pulled out the fresh baked Peach Cobbler that she put in the oven before we ate and some vanilla ice cream. We sat outside and enjoyed the cool Georgia evening air and chatted while the kids played. It was so nice to see the all of us and someone. Each of us sitting next to our significant other hold their hand. My mom & dad, DJ & Angie, Sydney & Keith, Me & Chris, and Justin & Tammy.

“Well babyboy, we have a grandchild/grandchildren from all of our kids but you, when are you and Tammy gonna make that happen” my mom smiled over at them

“Aww ma, soon enough we’re working on it” Justin replied smiling at Tammy

“Stine, let those kids be” my dad laughed

We sat there for a few more minutes talking, then me and my sisters helped my mom put the food away and clean the kitchen before we all had to go our separate ways.

“C’mon Matty, is time to go love bug” I called to Matthew as he played with Keith and Devin, DJ and Angie’s son

“ok mama” he replied

“Go give grandpop and Nanny hugs and kisses, and tell Aunt Syd and Uncle Keith thank you for letting you spend the night” I told him. Matthew did as I told him, Chris and I said out goodnights to everybody and then headed for home. Matthew fell asleep on the way home. We pulled up to my house and I let up the garage door for Chris to pull his car in next to mine. He turned off the engine and got Matthew out the car and took him upstairs to his room. I took Matthew’s overnight bag out the car, pushed the button for the garage to close and followed Chris upstairs to Matthew’s room.

“I’m going to go downstairs and let you finish up here” he smiled laying Matthew in his bed

“Ok babe, I’ll be down as soon as I change his clothes” I replied.

I changed Matthew’s clothes into his pj’s and kissed him goodnight tucking him into his bed and turning on his bathroom light leaving the door cracked as I prepared to walk out the room.

“Goodnight Mommy, I love you” Matthew said sleepily before rolling over

“Goodnight love bug, I love you too” I replied leaving his room.

I walked downstairs to find Chris sitting on the couch watching TV. I sat next to him as he raised his arm to put around me, and I snuggled close to him throwing my feet on the couch.

“What are you watching?” I asked kissing his neck

“CSI: NY” he replied

“Cool one of my favorites” I smiled into his chest as I laid up against him.

“I’m gonna go when this goes off” he said

“You don’t have to baby, you can stay if you want” I smiled up at him, “unless it’s to tempting for you” I joked

“No, not for me, maybe for you, but not for me” he replied kissing my hair “Plus waking up to your beautiful face is the perfect way to start my day”

“Oh really, is that so? In that case, lets take this to my bedroom” I smiled

“Now that doesn’t sound like waiting to me” he laughed

“Really, because all I was talking about was watching the rest of the show in the bed, laying in your arms” I smiled biting my bottom lip.

“oh, I knew that. Well lets go then” he smiled picking me up at my knees and throwing me over his shoulder

“Chrriiiss” I giggled trying not to wake up Matthew. He walked into the room, and I pushed the door closed behind him. He laid me on the bed and straddled across my waist, planting soft sweet kisses all over my neck.

“Baby” I softly moaned rubbing the back of his head. He continued kissing me for a few minutes, then calmly got off of me and laid back on the bed turning on the TV. I looked at him and laughed knowing why he did that.

“I’m going to get your shorts” I laughed. I threw the basketball shorts to him, then went in the bathroom and changed into my pj’s. I came out and climbed in the bed and snuggled under Chris tracing his tattoos with my finger tips as he gently caressed my arm with his fingers. The soft touch of his skin on mine calmed me and slowly put me to sleep. I kissed his chest softly and told him good night before closing my eyes to go to sleep. Chris is such a sweet guy with a big heart. I can really see myself falling for him, but I just wasn’t ready to completely give a man my heart just yet, but Chris already had a small piece of it.

CHRIS POV

I rolled over and reached for Taylor, only to find that she wasn’t there. I opened
my eyes and looked around. I got out the bed and headed toward the kitchen where I could hear Taylor and Matthew talking.

“Good morning Chris” Matthew smiled as I walked in the kitchen, he was sitting at the island eating a bowl of Coco Pebbles and was dressed in his uniform.

“Good morning lil man” I said rubbing my hand across his head. Taylor was at the stove cooking. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist, and rested my head on her shoulder

“Good morning beautiful” I said kissing her neck.

“Morning baby” she said smiling

“What smells so good?” I asked walking over to the refrigerator and pulling out the orange juice

“I’m making waffles, eggs, and bacon for us. Matthew just wanted cereal” she said.

“Mmmm, I can’t wait to eat then” I said taking a seat next to Matthew at the island.

“Matty, are you done, you gotta get ready, Aunt Syd will be here in a minute to take you to school” she said

“Yes mama, I’m done. I’m going to wash my hands” he replied getting down from the barstool

“Get your back pack and jacket son” she called up the stairs to Matthew while I put his bowl and cup in the sink.

“And hurry up” she yelled back up the stairs, just as Sydney walked in the house

“Morning love birds” she said coming into the kitchen “where is my nephew?”

“Morning sis, he just ran up to get his back pack and jacket” she said pouring Sydney and herself a cup of coffee

“Hey Syd” I said giving her a hug around her shoulders

“Here baby” Taylor said sitting a plate down in front of me.

“Damn Tay, if I had known you were cooking breakfast, I wouldn’t have stopped to get me anything to eat” she laughed

“Oh, my bad, well if you want some I’ll make you a plate to go” she smiled

“No girl, it’s fine” Sydney smiled “Hey Matty, you ready to go?” she asked as Matthew came down the stairs

“Yes ma’am” he replied. He walked over and gave his mom a kiss on the cheek, then came and gave me some dap before heading towards the front door with Sydney

“Thanks Syd so much for taking him to school for me today, he would have been late if I took him this morning” she said walking Sydney to the door. I could hear her and Sydney talking but wasn’t really paying attention to what they were saying. I was already eating when Taylor came back in the kitchen.

“Is it good baby?” she asked

“Hell yeah, you did that baby” I said

We finished eating and sat there and talked for a few minutes.

“Ok, I better go get ready, I have to run to the repair shop to pick up my camera and some more black and white film” she said putting our plates in the sink

“Babygirl, you go get ready, I’ll wash these dishes” I said leaning over to kiss her

“Are you sure baby?” she asked

“Yeah, you have a lot to do today, go get ready, I got this in here” I said pointing her towards her room then smacking her on her butt as she walked away. She turned around and shot me a smile. While she got ready for work I cleaned the kitchen and then went back in the bedroom and laid across the bed watching SportsCenter.

She came out the bathroom all dressed. “Ok, I’m ready” she smiled putting on her earrings.

“You look cute babe” I said pulling her close to me leaning in to give her a kiss.

“Thanks babe” she blushed

“So, what you got planned today?” I asked

“Well, I have a photo shoot at 10:30, then I need to develop some shots from a shoot I did last week, which the client is coming in to look at tomorrow” she replied “what you got planned babe?” she asked me

“I got studio time today, so I don’t know if I’ll see you tonight” I said pulling her close into a hug and resting my head on top of hers

“Aww. Ok” she pouted “I guess I can go one night without you”

“I’ll make it up to you tomorrow night, we’ll go to dinner” I said, pulling back a little to look her in her pretty brown eyes.

“Ok, that sounds good hun” she smiled reaching up to give me a kiss

I gently kissed her lips and took her hand leading her towards the kitchen. She grabbed her purse and keys on her way out the door. She pushed the button to open the garage door and walked to her truck. I opened the door for her to get in. She got in the car and looked at me, “I’ll talk to you later then babe?” she asked

“Yes, I can’t go the whole day without talking to you, and don’t act like this is brand new” I laughed “The only thing different about us is that you’re my girl officially and I can kiss you and hold you whenever I want to” I finished leaning in the truck to kiss her.

“Ok then Mr. Brown, thank you for clearing that up for me” she laughed. I kissed her again before letting her pull out and getting in my car and pulling out next to her. She let down the garage door and then turned to me and blew me a kiss before leaving. I watched her drive off through the review mirror. She wasn’t even gone 2 minutes and I was already staring to miss her, the scent of her hair, the perfume she wears, her smile, and her pretty brown eyes, they way she interacted with her son. She was just amazing, and I was falling for her. As I backed out of her driveway and drove off, I was already thinking about what we would do tomorrow night.