Status: Sort of on hiatus...updates will be slow

Only Fools Rush In

Chapter 14

Alex could only hear one side of the conversation as his boyfriend paced back and forth in front of him, stuttering out answers to questions the brunette could merely imagine.

He knew May was Jack’s sister from previous conversations; he had felt a sense of awe when the teen spoke so fondly of her. But right now, with Jack’s panicked tone and agitated stance, he wasn’t so sure if she was as caring as his boyfriend had said.

“Uh, wh-where am I? Yeah, I umm…I’m at a-a friend’s…” Alex caught sight of Jack’s nervous gaze and understood exactly what he was worried about. What they both were worried about.

“May, really. I’m at a f-friend’s house. I’m fine,” the student ran a shaky hand through his dishevelled hair, his pacing steps slowing slightly. “You- ugh, you don’t know my friends anyway, so it doesn’t matter… May, seriously, just stop…”

Standing up and walking towards the kid, Alex wrapped his arms around Jack’s waist from behind, pulling him close and kissing his neck in a hope to calm him down. But when a certain question was asked on the other end of the phone, all ease was relinquished.

“Ha! N-no…of c-course it’s not a-a boy, a boyfriend…” the teacher could see the younger male struggling to come up with a decent explanation.

Taking a deep breath, Alex took hold of the mobile phone, much to the teenager’s shock.
“Hey, this is Alex. Jack’s boyfriend. He’s safe, so there’s no need to worry; I’m taking care of him.”

I knew he was lying… I’m May, his big sister, by the way- wait, did you tell your parents what happened to him?!
Flicking his sight to Jack then up to the ceiling, the teacher gulped. “I don’t live with my parents…I, um, I’m a little older than Jack…”

The line went quiet, sending fear running through Alex’s body and into his boyfriend’s, who had stilled when everyone silenced. There was no way May could know he was the student’s teacher, but maybe she wouldn’t like the age difference.

A few moments later, the female spoke. “How much older?
“4 years.”

Again, the line hushed. To the two males, age wasn’t a problem. Even the teacher’s friends didn’t find it weird, not when they were so cute with each other.

Yeah, you got ‘older‘ right… well, are you sure he’s okay?
Alex ignored the dig, but couldn’t help the malice in his voice at the condescending tone he was given. “Totally. I mean, apart from the bruises your father gave him, he’s fine.” though a jab in the stomach from Jack quickly got him to apologise grudgingly.

Look, I know my dad’s an asshole. We all know he is. But I swear, he’s never laid a hand on any of us before and he never will again. My mom won’t let that happen, no matter how much of a useless bitch she is. She tolerates words, not fists.

The brunette laughed humourlessly at the last sentence, getting ready to come back with some sarcastic bite at the girl. However, before he could get the first word out, the cell phone was snatched out of his hand.

“Can you two stop quarrelling, please?” Jack exclaimed down the receiver, while glaring at Alex who instantly looked like a scolded child.

Deciding to leave his boyfriend alone for a little while, and to get rid of his recent bad-temper, Alex strode into his large bedroom where he opened the double glass doors of the veranda and stepped out into the bitter, cold night.

The icy breeze attacked his skin, sending shivers through his being as he looked out at the twinkling lights of Baltimore. The sight itself was enough to wash away every ounce of his bad mood, leaving him pondering why he had gotten so fiery.

Was it because someone had ‘criticised’ his unorthodox relationship? Or did it have a deeper root? Did Alex blame himself for the abuse Jack had to suffer? Yes, yes he did. So maybe they should stop seeing one another, then…

Before the older male could think any deeper, a timid voice spoke from behind him.
“I should go home and tell them to call off the search party. I‘m just making things worse for everyone.”

And it was those words that pushed his dark thoughts away. Because Alex truly didn’t want Jack to leave his apartment; to leave him.

“Jack, you’re not going anywhere. It’s not safe back there. I want- I need you to stay here with me. I can’t stand the thought of you being back at home with that monster.”
The teenager didn’t reply, only bowing his head to keep his dark eyes on the floor.

Closing the double doors and being quickly embrace by the warmth of the room, Alex let out a sigh. “Jack, I don’t know what’s going on in that head of yours if you don’t tell me.”
There was still no response from the tall male.

Walking over to the table that held a small remote, Alex pushed a few buttons and soon the room was softly filled with the soothing sound of Death Cab For Cutie in an attempt to change the atmosphere.
He made his way back to Jack, enfolding him in his strong arms and burying his face in the teen’s chest.

“Don’t leave. Please,” the teacher pleaded, his voice muffled while his arms tightened. All he wanted to do was to protect the black haired boy from the cruel world that surrounded them.

Alex was frightened for Jack to return home, and he knew why. He felt guilty for the abuse his boyfriend went through because it was partly his fault. But the one thought that continued to linger in his mind was almost selfish of him.

Because, what if his own parents hadn’t moved back to England? Could he have been in the same position as Jack?

It was all too real. The teacher had been the target of many beatings in the past, not from his family but from random people at school and college. He had gotten through that with the help of his friends. But the student didn’t have that possibility.

Before he could delve deeper and become completely constricted by melancholy, he felt his boyfriend loosen up.

“I’ll stay if you promise to make me breakfast in bed,” Jack stated quietly, a smug grin heard in his voice which disrupted the heavy atmosphere.
“I’ll make you the best breakfast in bed you’ve ever had, and ever will have,” Alex smirked up at the lanky giant whose eyes were shining brightly.

Moving his hands into the older male’s hair, the teen quirked an eyebrow. “Now you’ve got me intrigued. What can I expect?”
With the two gazing at one another, the grave mood that held them lifted. Alex slid his hands down and slipped them into the back pockets of Jack’s jeans, squeezing as he wiggled his dark eyebrows mischievously.

“Well, I guess I could give you a preview…” and with that, Alex leaned up and crushed his lips against his boyfriend’s eagerly waiting ones, a passionate kiss ensuing. Their hands searched one another’s bodies, Jack being rough while Alex gently explored the bruised male.

It was just what they both needed to forget about their woes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and not that interesting :/

Keep commenting and subscribing, please! You guys are just so ajkdshnjkagf I could fangirl over you all...

Thank you to:
jarre
misfithustler15
esachicadealla
cheyenne_2539
earthtojoey
Stephhieee
cathahand
AkiPanda413
sanneatlninja
Vanessa_g98
hkersh
leeyahbvb97
erica520
We-Are-Nacho-Lovers
Zirara
KaatieeATL
alltimerach_

For commenting.
Can we all just have a massive orgy?

<3