Status: COMPLETE!! Though I may add on some more later

Untitled

Higher Than Heaven

“Angels saved me,
God forgave me,
But you alone take me higher than heaven!
I don’t need mercy, nothing can hurt me
As long as you’re with me, I’m higher than heaven!”

John smiled as he pulled off through his exit on the highway. He couldn’t wait for tonight. He had big plans for the woman he loved. He pulled up to the apartment they shared together. He got out and went in. He was already dressed for the occasion; a dress-shirt, suit jacket, and jeans for the semi-formal restaurant. “Honey, you ready?” He called from the living room.

“You really need to scream?” Trish laughed as she came out of their bedroom, fixing a pearl earring. Her hair was curled slightly. She was in a beautiful white gown with a black scarf in the back of her neck and on her elbows. She wore a diamond cross necklace that John had bought on their first year anniversary last year to the day.

“That I do,” he smiled and opened the front door for her.

“Oh, what a gentleman,” she gushed sarcastically as he followed her out.

“Did you make reservations at Bonne Nuit?” Trish asked as they were driving.

“What, you were supposed to,” John replied, confused.

“No, I told you I couldn’t, my mom needed me to help her this week,” Trish complained angrily.

“Well, maybe we can find another nice restaurant,” John said hopeful.

“You know none of them take walk-ins, why do you never listen?” Trish yelled. “Let’s just go home.”

“I’m sorry if I got confused, we can still go out,” John argued back.

“Whatever,” Trish sulked back.

“Look, I know this nice place we can go to, accepts everyone, you’ll like it,” John reassured her as he drove. Trish didn’t answer.

John turned into the parking lot, looking for an open space. The area was packed. He drove around for little more then five minutes when he finally found an opening near the back of the building, which didn’t make Trish any happier.

“Come on, its karaoke night,” John smiled as he opened her door and took her hand.

“John if I get anything on this dress,” Trish warned as he led her to the front door. Trish’s face lit up when they walked in.“Hey, isn’t that Randy and Samantha?”

“Well, I guess so,” John said, walking right past them.

“I wanted to talk, where are you going?!” Trish said bewildered.

John carefully led her up a small flight of steps.

“Oh, I don’t want to sing John,” Trish said turning quickly to leave.

"Trish!” John shouted, making her spin quickly to see him.There he was, down on one knee, holding out this beautiful diamond ring. Trish’s mouth opened in surprise.

“Trish, I love you so much. I’ve done some pretty messed up stuff in my life but this is the only thing that I ever knew was right. When we first met, I was in a rough place. The people around me were all fake and I had even given up on just about everything, but, babe, you saved me. You cheered me through my demons and now I want you forever. I want to come home to you every night. I want to wake up next to you every morning. I want little Trish and John Cenas running around. So Trish, I ask you, will you marry me?”

“Y-y-yes!” Trish yelled running and hugging his neck. He picked her up and swung her around. That’s when Trish noticed that the place was packed with people they knew, it was a whole party, and John had set it up just for her. Realizing this, she slapped him, hard, on the shoulder.

“Ow! What was that for?!” John complained with a smile.

“You made me mad at you for nothing!” Trish laughed, gently kissing his lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
There you go, numero uno!