It's Time to Be Happy Again

Chapter 3

The cracks on the ceiling had just never seemed more interesting, my mind was turning and there was no way to turn it off. Oh how I desperately wished there was. Naomi was curled into my side, her breathing shallow and steady.

I looked at her sleeping form with curiosity. I wonder what she dreams about... A soft sigh escaped my lips. I wonder what anyone dreams about. Were they all weird? Were they all scary? Did you know they were happening? I shook my head and got up-- trying not to wake Naomi.

I grabbed my coat and open the sliding door to the deck, I sat on the floor staring up at the stars. The sky was so beautiful at night, even being in the city. Around me were tall brightly lit buildings towering up towards the dark starlit sky. It almost makes me want to get up and get my camera.

“August?” My eyes snap back towards my black haired best friend who was currently closing the sliding door. I furrowed my eyebrows. “Why are you up this late?”

She sighed, “I could ask you the same thing.” I frown at her, “You know I can’t sleep.” her eyes widen slightly.

“Oh, I’m sorry... I forget sometimes.” I nodded, it was likely. I’ve been dealing with it for as long as I could remember.

“The medication isn’t working?” She asked tentatively, I shook my head. “Not matter how much I take it... I still can’t bring myself to fall asleep.” She frowned, coming over and resting her hand on my shoulder.

“It’ll get better. You not with her anymore.” I shook my head and cursed under my breath, my eyes watering slightly. “Why is it she’s still effecting me, even though she’s hundreds of miles away?”

April wrapped her arms around me, rubbing my back. “It’s only the first day sweetie, it’ll get better. I promise.” I nod, sighing. “I hope you’re right.” I look at the stars for a minute before smiling at her. “Go to bed, I’ll be fine.”

She frowned, “Are you sure?” I nod, pushing her up. “Yeah, I’ll see you in the morning.” She kissed my temple before going back inside. I just stared at the brilliant stars until the sun started to rise.

It took me awhile to get the energy to get up and go back in the house. April was standing there holding out a cup of coffee, which I took thankfully. “I already got Naomi up and showered, she’s eating breakfast in the kitchen. I left some clothes in the bathroom for you.”

I hugged her gratefully, letting my head fall into the crook of her neck. “What would I do without you?” She giggled and shrugged. “You’d die. But really go take a shower or you’ll be late.”

I make my way to the bathroom taking a quick shower, throwing on the tight black jeans and small white v neck April left out for me. I tug at the shirt uncomfortably, leave it april to make me feel like a whore on the first day of my new life. Awesome.

I sigh, quickly getting over my appearance heading out to the kitchen. A smile comes over my face when I see Naomi. “Hey there darlin’. Are you ready for your first day of school?” I asked her gently, she shook her head. I fakely gasped, “No? Come on it’s going to be fun. You’ll make a bunch of new friends. You’ll love it.” She smiled and we walked out to my car, saying goodbye to April in the process.

The elementary school was bright. So much it nearly blinded me, I had no idea that colors like that were possible. Naomi gripped my hand as we walked inside the school, which was just as bright as the outside. I scoffed internally, maybe they should make high schools this bright-- it could help the bullying. You’d be so blind you couldn’t see who was who. We reached the classroom and Naomi wouldn’t let go of my hand. Her eyes kept jumping around the room nervously.

“Mimi, you need to let go of my hand okay? I have to go to work. Aunt April will be here later to pick you up.” She shook her head stubbornly, pouting. “No, Auggie.. don’t leave me alone. What if no one likes me?”

I scoff gently smiling at her. “Everyone will like you, you're amazing. But before you makes all those new friends you have to let go of my hand.” She just stared at me with her big round brown doe eyes, and I was about to give in and ask if I could stay when a voice entered from our left.

“Hello! I’m Mr. Sanders.” A man greeted us, holding out his hand. I shook it lightly. “Hi, I’m August and this is my little sister Naomi.” My eyes almost widen when the realization this was the teacher... if you could even call him that. He looked nothing like a teacher I’ve ever seen. He’s so attractive young.

“So, you’re Naomi?” He asked her smiling softly, crouching down to her level. She nodded and tightened her grip on my hand. “That’s a beautiful name, did you’re brother come up with that?” He asked her soothingly as if he were trying to get her to calm down.

I chuckled lightly, this guy knew what he was doing. Her big doe eyes looked up at me, “Did you?” she quietly demanded. I tried to smile. “Yes, Mimi. I did.” I just couldn’t fully put on my happy face. Our Mother let her go without a name for weeks until I started calling her Naomi.

I just can’t believe that woman.

“Naomi, would you like to stay here with Mr. Sanders while I go to work?” I asked her gently, she looked from me to him before nodding slowly letting go of my hand. I gave her a huge smile before crouching down and opening up my arms wide. A soft smile lit her face as she jumped into my arms. We stayed there for a few seconds before we pulled away.

“I’ll see you at dinner okay? I love you.” She nodded smiling. “I love you too Auggie.” I kiss her temple before standing up. Mr. Sanders smiled at her “Why do you go find a seat and talk to some of the other kids?” She nodded before making her way to the other side of the room slowly.

I turned to him, “Make sure she’s okay yeah?” I asked him, my voice going soft. He smiled at me warmly. “Of course.” I smiled back, this time... no faking. He said a quick goodbye before going to greet some children’s parents. My eyes couldn’t help but fall down to his nicely shaped ass.. My eyes widen, I could slap myself that my little sister’s teacher. I shake my head looking at my phone. Fuck, I’m going to be late to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's 4 in the morning and I adore this c: I hope you do too.

Comment and Subscribe? :D We'd love you forever.