Status: Completed :)

The One for Me

Chapter Three

I had invited Key to the upper level of the castle. It was where the Royalty resided so it was kind of a big deal and yet it wasn’t. The sun shined brightly through the pearl sheets that failed at covering the windows. We walked silently side by side, not touching. I think he knew that if I was caught holding anyone’s hand that I wasn’t engaged to, a war would break out inside the castle itself. The maids giggled to themselves as we past, bowing at our presence.

“Your highness,” one of the maids addressed me. “Do you want me to escort Kim-ssi back to his room?”

Key looked upset by this and I frowned. “Who said you could talk to me?” I snapped. She bowed and hurried out of my way. I gave a small smile to Key and he forced one in return. “Don’t worry about them….there nothing.”

“Jong,” he hissed appalled. “They are people not nothing.” I wanted to apologize for his behavior but thought better of it. They were probably used to the rueful manner from such a spoiled asshole.

I shrugged and opened the library door. “This is where I spend most of my time.”

Key’s eyes were round and he looked like a child at how shiny his eyes seemed. He looked over the soft plush floor and shelves of books that seemed to extend to the top of the room. “This is your library?”

“Yes…my father has his own,” I grinned. “Impressed?”

Key scoffed his sly smile returning as quickly as it left. “Not likely…I thought you would be so spoiled as to have had your own library.”

I nodded skeptically and watched as he moved over to my desk. It was made of oak wood and had several books on top of it. He picked up a small black leather book, the most precious of them all. “Don’t look in that,” I demanded running to snatch it from him. He held the book above his head, arm extending beyond my reach. “That’s not fair Key!”

“What’s in it? Love letters?”

I poked out my bottom lip and allowed my eyes to slightly water. It was the way I got what I wanted from my mother and anyone who wasn’t my dad. “Please give it back.”

Key sighed and handed it back reluctantly. I checked the small book for any damage and saw out of the corner of my eye that Key bite his bottom lip. It was a cute gesture and our eyes locked for several moments. I was sure he could hear my heart pounding violently in my chest.

I cleared my throat. “There…uh..songs,” my eyes moved to the floor hoping that my heart would calm itself. “I wrote them myself.”

“Cute,” smirked Key teasingly. I glared at him but his eyes were so understanding and warm that my face molded in to a permanent smile. “What?”

I shook my head. “Nothing.” I would never admit that looking at him made my heart race. Maybe I still thought he was a girl. If he kept his mouth shut, I would understand how that mistake could be logical.

“Knock, knock,” a familiar voice cheered. I turned and waved Minho inside. “What are you guys doing?” He had a sly look on his face, as if he knew something we didn’t.

“Looking at books,” Key replied simply.

“I think I just caught you guys checking out more than books,” Minho retorted.

I rolled my eyes. “Well let’s go to my room…I still have something for you Minho.”

I lead them out of the library and down the hall. I opened the double doors and dismissed my two guards with a wave of my hand. “This is your room?” Key asked incredulously.

I nodded. “Impressed?”

“Hardly,” he sneered. Minho brushed past him and jumped on my huge bed. I hoped he would avoid hitting his head on my canvas this time. The floor was the same plush as my library and the walls were the same golden brown color. My balcony doors were open, letting in warm air.

“So what is it that you wanted to give me?” Minho questioned innocently. He was lying on my bed on his side. And for some reason the position looked a little too inviting while Key was in the room.

I went to my fireplace and reached up to grab the key I hid. I turned to Key who was standing with a shy smile on his face. “Sit,” I commanded. “I won’t hurt you.” He seemed startled that

I was addressing him and I think it was finally registering that I was a Prince, and he was not. “Key…don’t feel shy its okay.”

“I’m not shy,” he snapped.

Minho whistled as I unlocked the box on top of my mantel. I pulled out a letter and handed it to him. “Is this the letter your father wrote?”

I nodded. “He agreed to get you moved to the castle immediately.”

His face brightened happily and he hopped off the bed like a frog and tackled me. His hug was tight and thankful and I returned it willingly. “Thank you Jong! I can’t believe you did this for me.”

“You’re my best friend,” I replied simply. “I will do anything for you.”

“Well it’s late…I am going to get going,” Key stated.

Minho and I released our hug and stared at the slim boy expectantly. When he didn’t explain why he was leaving I walked over to him and patted his back. “You don’t have to leave…we’ll hug you to.” I squeezed his body to mine and he slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. Why was he acting so weird?

“I-I promised my mom….we could go to my dad’s gravesite today,” he whispered in my ear. His breathe was cool. And I wanted to stay pressed to him for a bit longer but I let go. “Thanks for showing me your part of the castle.”

He turned to leave and I glanced back at Minho. He waved me forward and I followed Key in to the hall. “Hey Key,” I called. I gripped his hand and brought him close to me so that only he could hear what I was going to say. “Tonight…will you meet me in the garden?”

He searched my eyes for several moments before nodding. I let him walk away and watched his hips sway as he rounded the corner and disappeared from sight. I wondered why it took him so long to answer but I returned to Minho and grinned.

“So you like him?” he began.

I frowned. “If I didn’t like him I wouldn’t have offered to be his friend.”

“I mean like like him,” he wiggled his eyebrows and I resisted the urge to smack him.

“NO!” I shouted. “I do not like boys Minho!”

“Well you thought he was a girl…” he mumbled.

I shook my head. Why was he torturing me? “Well now I know he’s a boy.”

“But you stare at him like you want to-“

“Hey Minho,” I interrupted him. He leaned forward easily distracted as usual. “Want to go get facials?”

“Sure! My face has been so exposed to oils and dirt!”

I nodded and whistled for my guards. “Minho and I want to be pampered. So hurry up and make that happen.” They nodded and left us alone. Minho was about to open his mouth but two ladies entered in tight dresses and he lost his ability to form words. I smirked glad I was able to shut him up. I sat on my loveseat and Minho followed suit. “Make it good.”

The women nodded and began to set up their station in my room. Soon our feet were in bubbling water and our faces were covered in some green herb. The women were both pretty skinny and had the same short black hair. Their faces were oval shaped and their eyes were a strange hazel color. The younger one, Yoon Hee, massaged Minho’s shoulders while the older one, Jessica, massaged my hands. I was in heaven and by the soft hum that escaped my friend’s lips, he was to. Minho eyed the body of his temporary girl. I saw the way he watched her walk and how he glowed from a single touch. But with Jessica, I didn’t watch her like that. I wasn’t interested at all actually. She was a pretty girl but when I thought of someone who made me hungry with lust I thought about the movement of someone’s hips against my body.

What was I thinking? I couldn’t think like that. I was the Prince. And I had to marry Hana-ssi to save our country from having to go to war with Japan. I couldn’t afford distractions. I wasn’t interested in Jessica because I simply didn’t think she was suitable for me. Hana-ssi was. She had to be.

************

“Sing for me,” Key pleaded. We were roaming through the garden as the moon dawned its light on us. “Please?”

“No,” I chuckled. “I’m not that good.”

“A song from your book,” he suggested ignoring my protests to sing. “That’s what I want to hear.”

I rolled my eyes. “My talent will not be exposed this early in the relationship.”

“But you have seen me dance,” Key exclaimed. “And I don’t think it’s fair that you have seen me dance but I can’t hear you sing.”

“You were at a party,” I said dryly.

“Tavern,” he smirked narrowing his eyes.

I let out an exasperated sigh and stopped. “Let’s lay here.”

“Will you sing?”

“Yes.”

Key plopped down on the ground first, his smile taking me by surprise. He tugged my hand and I soon followed. I laid down on the grass and stared up at the stars. Key did the same and waited patiently for me to start. I racked through my brain for the songs I could sing. And I finally thought of one that I actually loved.

“Okay so don’t judge me-“

“Just sing Jong,” Key sighed.

I held back a grin and took a deep breathe. “Don’t think that we can’t love because we’re young, Before it’s too late, Before I grow older, can you hold onto me? I love you only, as much as the sky. You truly are the reason I live I really, really, I want to hug you like crazy. We’re still going too fast, right?”

Key smiled and looked over at me. “Your voice is beautiful…”

“Thanks,” I blushed. I was thankful it was dark.

“What’s it called?”

“One for me,” I replied staring intensely at the stars.

Key didn’t say anything only hummed what he remembered of the song aloud. My eyes glanced over to his face. Even in the dark, his beautifully pale skin glowed. I wondered if his body was a soft as his hands. His eyelashes curled by themselves and his lips were set in a soft grin. Key was so beautiful, even though he was a boy. He was probably the most beautiful boy I had ever seen in my life.

He turned his head and the smoky gaze that laid dormant behind his eyes slowly crept over his features. “What?”

I brushed his blond hair out of his face. “You’re-“

“Jonghyun!” I quickly pulled my hand away and sat up. Kyun ran to me anger written all over his face. “What are you doing?!” He stopped and narrowed his eyes at Key. “Who’s that?”

Key glanced at me in horror before I stood. He himself remained sitting on the ground. “Key I would like you to meet Kyun. Kyun this is Kibum.”

“Sun-Ja’s Kibum?” Kyun questioned irritably. Key nodded. “Why didn’t you report the Prince missing when you found him?”

“I-I..” Key sighed unable to think of an explanation.

“I invited him to see the garden with me,” I replied.

“Invited?”

“I didn’t want to refuse his invitation,” Key added.

“Of course not,” snapped Kyun. “Jonghyun…let’s go.”

I sighed annoyed. How dare he come and command me? I was the Prince, I could have his job. “I’ll be there in a minute.”

“Now!”

“Kyun! Remember who you are talking to,” I growled. “Leave us.”

Kyun took a deep breath and slowly walked away. Key stood. “Jonghyun I didn’t know you didn’t have permission to be out here.”

“I am the Prince,” I stated simply. “I don’t need permission for anything.”

Key nodded and took two steps back. “I’ll see you.”

I was confused. “What?”

“You need to go and so do I.”

“I don’t need to go anywhere!”

Key gave me a sad smile. “Goodnight.” He walked off and left me there wondering what exactly happened. Was Key trying to avoid me now? Before Kyun interrupted us he looked scared. Why would Key be scared? I was the one that was supposed to be afraid of him. Without another thought of it I ventured back to the castle. And sure enough Kyun was there awaiting my arrival. And he looked all too happy that I was alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lol so the sing that Jong sings is a SHINee song called One for me:) If you didn't know that now you do. Anyway please comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading! ^.^