The Love You've Claimed Was Just a Whisper

The Foreboding Sense of Impending Happiness

"Quit being a bitch and post it Aly." Jordan snapped as he glared at me from across the dining room table.

I flipped him off as i stared at screen of my Macbook pro that was currently displaying the Beatport upload page for my first EP Things That Never Were. Sure I had released a quite a few single tracks before, but this was different. For starters, I had enough of a following now that this EP could lead to an actual record deal or possibly an actual tour. Not to mention I actually sang on a few of the tracks I was about to release to the public and quite frankly that was terrifying.

"If you don't push that button, I'm gonna do it for you." Jordan threatened

"What are you gonna do for her?" Myles asked flopping down on the couch in the adjacent living room.

"Upload her EP."

"What?! You still haven't posted that yet Aly!" Myles shook his head. I glared harder at the screen protecting my mouse from the threatened laptop takeover.

"You're such a girl Aly." Jordan said

"Yea Aly way to be a girl about this" Myles agreed.

"I am a girl thank you very much"

"Yea, but you're acting like one."

"Myles!" whined looking away from laptop, "Your supposed to be the supportive one." I pouted.He shrugged in response, turning on the tv.

"This is me being supportive."

"How is calling me a girl supportive?"

"Because, just... you'll see" I raised an eyebrow dumbfounded at his logic. Before I could figure out an appropriate rebuttal Jordan launched across the table taking my laptop and fleeing from the table.

"JORDAN! I'm going to KILL you!!" I shouted chasing after him.

"Too late," he laughed as I caught him in the hall.

"Dammit Jordan!" I said hitting him in the stomach

"Ouch," he chuckled, "I did you a favor." I scowled snatching my laptop back

"Good work with the distraction sir"

"Anytime"

"You both suck"

"Hey. I made lemon squares," Myles said defensively,"you can't hate someone who supplies you with delicious treats."

"He's got a point."

"Shut up Jordan, your still on my list. Now are we talking regular treats or...."

"Aaliyah, when do we ever do bake anything normal in this house"

"Fine I'm not mad at you anymore, so long as I get one,"

"Of course," Myles smiled, "They're on the counter, you know were everything's at"

Needless to say I wasn't actually mad at either of them, and this sort of banter went on constantly at our houses. Well minus to edibles, that was a Myles Baker specialty and also a really funny coincidence. In truth, I was actually revealed to have it posted and only have to advertise the hell out of that fact on my Facebook, tweeter and whatnot.

I grabbed a lemon square and flopped on the couch next to Jordan, who had just finished a cigarette and was preparing to watch Adventure Time. It goes without saying at this point that my friends are major stoners and I am no where near their level. I pretty much eat my treats and then nap once highness creeps in. It doesn't bother me though, minus the fact that every time there's a challenge to see who can out drink the other (usually between me and Jordan) it always becomes what I do you do, and I end up asleep on the couch with sharpie messages for when I regain conscious the next afternoon.

"Adventure Time! Unless your Aly." Jordan sing-songed

"Hey I'll be just fine for Adventure Time!"

"Yea you said that last time,"

"That was a giant piece of cake that I was miss-informed about. Plus you also tricked me into smoking on top of it all"

"Oh yea. Damn." I suck my tongue out at him in response.

"So how long until you're going to check out the number of downloads?" Miles asked in between eating chips.

"Never."

"Pussy."

"Fuck you Jordan!"

"Tempting, but I think that would be awkward for the group."

"Ugh please everyone knows Myles is my secret boyfriend."

"Its true," Myles agreed. It was Jordan's turn to roll his eyes. Although I wasn't sure if it was because Myles and I are far from boyfriend and girlfriend or if he was ever told about my short lived crush on him when we first met. Yea I have wonderful taste in guys. All the sweet guys who tell me sweet things yea I pretty much eat them for breakfast; however, introduce me to a guy who upon talking to me complements me by saying and I quote "your eyes are awful" and suddenly I'm smitten. Since no one has ever made fun of me for my short lived crush, aside from Jade in the privacy of our house, leads me to believe its my first guess.

"But seriously though..."

"I don't know Myles. Ignorance is bliss after all. I'm not sure I want to be enlightened just yet."

"So like tomorrow?"

"Try next week"

"Seriously A?" Jordan asked shifting his position on the couch to give me just typical Jordan look of what I call his 'are you fucking kidding me face'. I get this face a lot mostly because I have a similar face that he gets frequently.

"I'm high ask me later"

"Bullshit its been like 15 minutes, it takes at least an hour for it to creep on your ass."

"I'm probably going to check semi-obsessively after my nap, like I do with every track I've released."

"Fair enough. Go to sleep." I scoffed snuggling further into Jordan's side. I wasn't K.O.ed yet, but much like the cake the lemon squares were rather potent.

"Put the sharpie" I growled half asleep.

"Oh shit she's alive still." Myles chucked. I imagined the look on Jordan's face rather than saw it as he replaced the sharpie on the table as I kicked off my shoes.

SOMETIME LATER

"Wake up you high slut" Jade's voice said somewhere above my. Jordan was evidently failing at his mission.

"Come on Jade let her sleep. Jordan already pulled a hostile take over of her EP Upload."

"Hey you helped!" Jordan half yelled at Myles.

"You what!?" Jade hissed trying to concede to Myles plea on behalf of my sleep that I was desperately clinging to. I felt the smack more than heard it as Jade smacked Jordan in the head.

"Ow Bitch!" he scowled. Sleep was definitely fleeting fast. Lesson learned, Myles is going to be my new nap buddy cause Jordan sucks! I sighed and rolled off Jordan and onto the floor to stretch.

"Ew. you don't know when they cleaned that carpet"

"It was today," I yawned, "while I was uploading stuff. Oh and you're a whore, I wasn't done sleeping yet."

"I come in peace this time. See," She smiled dangling a monster in my face.

"Oh. Apology accepted," I smiled taking my drink and sitting up, "How long did I nap?"

"Three hours." Myles laughed

"Oops."

"Its okay Jordan slept almost as long."

"Dammit Myles." Jordan laughed.

"Gimme Laptop, I wanna see if I;m famous yet." Jordan raised an eyebrow at me before handing me his Macbook.

"I don't understand you sometimes."

"What the fuck ever Jordan. You do the same thing with when I make you up upload one of your tracks."

"Na-uh" he said scrunching his face at me. I snickered in response as I logged onto beatport.

"HOLY MOTHER!"

"What?!" everyone asked in unison and my jaw dropped. Jordan snatched the machine out of my hands. Impatient as ever.

"7,000 downloads in four hours! Damn girl. Damn not bad." He smiled evidently searching further to see what was downloaded most. "Ho What?!"

"What?!" I squeaked able to use words again.

"7,000 was full album downloads, Standing Still is already approaching the top 100!" I'm not completely certain, but I think it was at this point that I fainted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a little short. Once I get going on the story the chapters will be longer!