Sequel: Tattoo Reality

Rock 'N' Roll Dreams

Oceana

I was in the second grade when I saw a music video with Slash in it. I can't remember what video it was, but I remember how he looked on the stage.

My parents were friends with some musician, so they took me to see the band live when I was in the 3rd grade. They played with a sort of clean and gracefulness that made me fall in love with the idea of rockstars. We went back stage and met the band. They were the nicest people I have ever met in my life.

That was when I decided that I want to marry a rockstar because they are the nicest people to me. Everyone in my class made fun of me and were bullies to me. They called me a nerd and a goody-two shoes when I wasn't. I just stuck to myself and didn't really socialize with others. These musicians didn't make fun of me, and they didn't think I was weird. I felt secure around musicians.

My parents took me to all kinds of rock concerts where I got to meet band members. And my reason for wanting to marry a rockstar just became more and more intense. And Denver also encouraged me to go after it. He always went with me to the concerts with my parents.

***

I sit there in the park with my friends. Astrid and Cairo are getting into one of their common small arguments. They will eventually resolve it. 'Kiss and make up' as Anya puts it. I ignore it like usual. I look up to see Denver coming back with a band, I think. I don't know what band though.

Denver waves me over. I get up and go to him. I look at each of the members. I stop on the one with the white blonde hair and the black stripe going through it on the side. He has these beautiful brown eyes. I look over at Denver waiting for him to explain.

"This is Lay Me Down. A rock band, Oceana," he says, smiling at me. I have been friends with him for a very long time. I met him a few days after that I got it in my heart to marry a rockstar. He is actually the only person who knows about my dream.

"Oh, I heard you guys are really good," I say, trying to break the ice. I don't know what else to do.

"Well, I'm Phoenix the singer. This is Xavier the bass player. This is Zain the drummer. And the quiet one over there is Reese the guitarist," Phoenix says. He smiles at me. His blue eyes stick out with his jet black hair. He looks really beautiful to be honest, but really not someone I want to date.

My eyes keep wondering over to Reese. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's just how he looks. Or maybe how he seems detached from the rest of the group. But something is alluring me to him. I am going to try to get to know him more.

"I'm Oceana the photographer," I smile back. I feel almost awkward. Which is a first. I never feel awkward around bands. I'm usually comfortable around bands. I'm relaxed around the band mates. I think it might just be Reese that is doing this to me.

Everyone else leaves me alone to talk to Reese. "So is it fun being in the band?" I ask him.

"It has its moments. The only downside is the fact that you have three other boys giving off testosterone everywhere when there is some girl that they all like," he jokes, smiling at me.

"Well, that's what happens when you are around guys for too long, Reese. Learn to live with it," I tease him.

"Yeah, well. You have to put up with Denver. So you should learn to live with that," he says simply. He gives me a weak smile.

"I have put up with him since the third grade. So I have learned to live with it." I feel nervous. I run my hands through my hair and look down at my feet.

"Are you going to make a smart comment to everything I say?" he asks me.

"Yes, I am. And the sooner you learn that. The sooner we can change topics." I smile at him.

He laughs. "Okay, so why are you a photographer?" he asks me simply. He runs his hands through his hair.

"I don't know. It's just something I liked. It also happened to be what I'm good at. My family encouraged me to go to college and get a degree in photography, and that's what I did. Why are you a guitar player?" I ask him.

"I guess it's just something I'm good at. My friends got me interested in it. I just decided to go with it," he explains. He pulls out his phone. "Oh, I'm sorry to leave in such a rush, but I need to find Phoenix and ask him what songs are playing."

"It's okay. I understand," I say kindly.

We end up exchanging numbers because we get along and never run out of conversational topics. The only thing that is bugging me is that he doesn't seem too interested in anything other than friendship. I shouldn't rush things. I really do like his style.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is Oceana. She met Reese. Isn't that lovely? I know I should have written this first but I couldn't think of exactly how she got the idea to marry the rockstar.
Don't be a silent reader.