Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Buried Alive

Seven

Charlotte

After we had both gotten dressed Brian and I sat alone in the living room. It wasn’t awkward it was more of a relaxed atmosphere. Brian and I were sitting on the couch, leaning against each other. His feet were on top of the coffee table in front of us, mine were curled up underneath me, and of course our my baby Pinkly was curled up right on my lap.

“I missed you, Cookie.” He whispered into my right ear.

Once those words had reached my ears I was snapped back into reality, “No! No, don’t you say that!”

“It’s true, I do.” Brian smiled.

I covered my ears and started loudly saying random words out loud until he stood up to cover my mouth.

“I fucking hate you!” I spat directly into his face.

Brian wiped my spit off on the back of his hand but before he could hit me with it the door opened and Badger walked in.

“Whoa! Cool it!” He shouted and quickly became the barrier between me and Brian.

I grabbed Brian’s pack Marlboro reds and his zippo lighter before storming out of the apartment, pulling Badger behind me.

“Where are we going?” He chuckled.

I fumbled around until I finally lit it and finally answered once we had gotten to the parking garage, “Out. I don’t know! I just want away from him!”

“Why? What’s wrong?” Badger opened the passenger door on his car for me.

I shook my head and blinked away the tears, “I just can’t deal with Brian!”

“What’d he do?” Bader growled.

I lit my cig and took a long drag before speaking, “Nothing. We’re just too much alike. We clash heads.”

Badger stared at me for a few minutes then crashed his lips to mine.

“I love yeh so damn much.”

I smiled, “I love you too.”

He grinned and shut my door for me before walking around to get into the driver’s side of the car.

“Shopping?” He asked with a weak smile.

Instantly I perked up, “you know I love the way you think.”

Badger’s laugh filled the air. As he started the car the sound of grunge music blared out. Only after turning it down a bit he drove out of the parking garage. Along the way he held my hand and my mind was at ease. I’d almost completely forgotten about walking dead in my apartment.

*******************************************
After hours of shopping we finally headed back home. Badger was so happy that I couldn’t tell him I had cheated, even if I tried. His happiness meant more to me than anything at all.

“When do yeh want to get married?” He asked as we headed up the stairs, bags in arms.

I paused for a minute then smiled, “Halloween?”

“Too over played.” He laughed.

“Fine! How about the day before Halloween?”

Badger nodded, “Whatever you want, I want.”

“-But can we really plan it on such short notice?” I asked.

He shrugged, “yeh know my mum’s a wedding planner. She’d be more than happy to help.”

I smiled then instantly stopped when I remembered Brian. Badger had his back to me so he couldn’t see the look on my face. I was grateful for that. As he unlocked the door and opened it I saw that the place had been cleaned, all the trash was taken out, and everything was organized.

Badger laughed and set the bags on the ground, “where is that kid? What a surprise!”

“He left a note.” I spoke as I picked the note off the counter up.

Sorry I caused such a mess. I cleaned everything up though. I’ll be in town for a while. If you need to get a hold of me, my number is on the back of this paper.
-Love,
Brian.