Niall's Princess

A Little Explosion

'Hey, princess!' Niall called.
'Yeah?' I giggled.
'Come and look at this!'
'What is it?' I strolled over to him underneath the large oak tree in the garden.
'Come here,' he smiled. I sat on the ground next to him. 'Closer...closer.' I giggled again.
'What? What is it?' I looked into his enchanting blue eyes. He stared back into mine and slid his arm around me. He pulled me close and kissed me lightly on the lips. He took his arm away from my back and held my hand instead. I smiled and lay my head in Niall's neck, and he rested his head on mine.
'What shall we do now?' Niall asked, quietly.
'I don't know. There's got to be something...' I replied. From over the hedge, the neighbours three-year-old could be heard, saying;
'Mummy will hate the birthday cake you baked her Jack! You're always burning everything! You never get it right!' Jack then replied with;
'Shut up, Will! It's not easy! Dad's not here, Mum's not here, and you can't do anything because you're three! I'm only ten! At least I'm trying!'
'Oh no! Mummy's back!' Will shouted, as the door could be heard slamming.
'Come and help me tidy all of this away - quick!' Jack hissed. I smiled at the two boys, and how much they argued, yet they got along perfectly well usually.

'I know what we could do,' I wondered. I hopped up and turned around, then offered my hand out for Niall to take.
'What you thinking about?' Niall puzzled. He took my hand and jumped up himself. We walked hand-in-hand down the garden and into the house. I guided him into the kitchen, bent down in a cupboard and got out a huge mixing bowl.
'You legend,' Niall winked. We went about the kitchen, gathering ingredients and utensils we needed for a cake. The table was soon neatly covered in ingredients.
'Right...where do we start...' Niall wondered, scouring the table.
'Umm...How about the butter?' I suggested. We took the butter and emptied it into the bowl. We took several more of the ingredients and emptied the contents into a mixing bowl. We mixed them all together.
'Right! I think that's alright,' I smiled, turning around and clapping my hands to get some of the flour off. Niall was facing me, and as I clapped my hands together, a small cloud of flour exploded in his face. I paused for a moment, then started giggling at what had happened. His nose was covered in a thin layer of flour.
'Thanks, love,'he said sarcastically. I recovered from giggling, only to have a handful of flour chucked in my face.
'Oh...It's on!' I laughed. I covered my fingers in excess butter, smothered them in a thick layer of sugar, and clasped my hands on either side of Niall's face. I dragged them down, wiping them on his face neck and chest, until he was covered in the mixture that had now been removed from my hands. He smiled mischievously and took a huge handful of sugar and a massive handful of flour, and dropped them in my hair.
'Look what you've done to my hair!' I laughed.
'Oooh, what you gonna do?' Niall teased.
'Oh Niall,' I joked, and seized an egg off of the table. 'You crack me up!' I smashed the egg over Niall's head, letting the yolk slide down the sides of his head and the back of his neck. He picked up the large tube of squeezable icing and removed the cap. He aimed towards me and squeezed the tube. It went all down my clothes and all over my face. As I was still being a human fair-ground game, I grabbed the large carton of milk and removed the lid.
'Oh shit!' Niall grinned. He ran backed out of the kitchen.
'Oh yeah, little Irish boy. You'd better run!' I joked. He ran out of the back door and I chased him. As I caught up with him, I chucked half a carton of milk down his front, and it made him look as if he had wet himself. He ran up to me, grabbed me and smashed an egg over the back of my own head. We tripped and fell onto the floor in a heap, side-by-side. We started laughing. I replaced the milk cap and threw the carton aside, clutching a stitch in my ribs. Niall sat, staring at my laugh, and smiled.
'What?' I gasped.
'You're so beautiful when you smile. Your laugh is adorable, Chloe,' he whispered.
'Aww, thanks Niall,' I blushed. We made it back inside, and finished making the cake. We placed it in the oven and waited for it to bake.
'You're a mess!' I laughed, finally noticing how many ingredients Niall had smashed across his face.
'You have a bit of sugar stuck on your lip. Let me get that for you,' Niall noted. He drew in close and slipped his strong arms around my waist. He kissed me repeatedly. My eyes where closed. Enjoying the moment. We broke apart and looked around. We sniggered at the mess we had created, and decided to put everything on the table away first. It took longer than we had expected, but we managed it.

'Wow! What happened here?' I looked up to find Zayn looking around at the flour, butter, sugar and eggs splattered against the wall and floor. When he saw us, his eyes widened at the state we where in.
'Zayn!' Niall called out, and playfully ran up to him to wrap his arms tightly around him.
'No! Niall, get off! No! You're going to get me covered in food! Niall!' Zayn called out.
'But I love you, Zayn!' Niall played.
'Could you love me a little less?' laughed Zayn.
'Hm. That's not nice, is it, Chloe?' Niall pretended to be hurt.
'Oh no, of course not. Naughty Zayn!' I joked.
'Oh, sorry. Eugh...I'm covered in flour. Great. Anyway, what happened? Did you have a baking explosion or something?' Zayn asked.
'Erm...yeah...something like that,' Niall, scratched behind his ear and looked around at the mess. I resumed wiping egg and four off the wall.
'Right...' Zayn replied.
'So, what are you doing here?' Niall asked.
'Oh, right...yeah...Oh! The signing tomorrow. Um...are you getting picked up or you driving yourself?' Zayn wondered.
'Oh, can I drive with you? I can't be bothered to drive myself there,' Niall sighed.
'Yeah, okay. And, do you know what we're supposed to be doing for Liam's birthday? It's in two weeks and Harry and Lou have no idea what they're doing either.'
'Oh, I don't know. Lets just...drop hints to him tomorrow, see what he'd like, what he wouldn't like and what he wants to do.'
'Ah, I see...keeping it subtle. Yeah, alright. I'll see you later mate. Bye, Chloe,' Zayn smiled.
'See you later, Zayn,' I smiled back and gave a little wave. Zayn left, and it was just me and Niall again, scrubbing the table and the floor, attempting to clear the mess we had made. Once everything was done and the kitchen was back in order, we traipsed upstairs to get showered and changed. Niall was in the shower first and changed into a pair of jogging bottoms and a t-shirt. I went in next. As I went in, Niall said 'Don't wash your hair, not yet.' This annoyed me. I needed to wash my hair badly and I didn't know why he didn't want me to wash it, but I went in without another word. While I was in the shower and changing into shorts and a vest top, Niall took the cake out of the oven.

'Hey, Niall! Why didn't you want me to wash my hair? It's all sticky!' I shouted down to him. He came running up the stairs, placed his hand on my back and led me to the bathroom. He sat me on the step next to the bath and took down the shower. He started to wash my hair for me, getting rid of all of the flour and the egg. He took the shampoo and rubbed it in before rinsing it out. I closed my eyes and allowed him to get on with it. Playing with girls' hair was a very cute habit of Niall's and I knew he'd always wanted to do something like this. He conditioned my hair, rinsed it, then hung the shower back on the hook. He rung out my hair and then took a towel and wrapped it around my head. He sat there for a while, just rubbing it to get rid of all the excess water. He sat towel-drying my hair until it was just damp, before throwing the towel into the dirty washing basket and lifting me bridal style off of the step.
'You're so beautiful. I love your hair,' he whispered, tracing his hand through the chestnut hair that was naturally streaked with an auburn red. 'And, I love you.'
'I love you, too,' I smiled, lifting my head to kiss him carefully on the cheek.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you like the first chapter? Hope you did. Please leave your comments xx