Status: Finished

God Bless the Children of the Beast

If I Die Tomorrow

I looked down and saw a puddle of blood at my feet. My hand numbly crawled up to my chest, where the warm liquid pooled into my fist. I fell to my knees.
“Shit!” Nikki yelled, flying down to grab me. I vaguely saw Jake standing above me, with an absolutely blank face. “God dammit Jake, call for help!” Nikki screamed at the drummer as he supported me in his arms. I noticed Stolas had disappeared. The gun fell from his limp grasp, and he blinked slowly. I turned my head to Nikki. “Jake!” He yelled, tears streaming down his face. I wished I could wipe them away.
“Where.” I heard Jake murmur. “Inside.” Nikki said, grasping me tighter. I continued to stare at Nikki as he looked down at me with his glossy green eyes. “It’s gonna be ok I promise.” He said. I didn’t know if he said it for me or for him. I forced a grin, trying to ignore the pain I took with every breath. “I finally saved you.” I whispered. He looked at me like I had lost my mind. “Just stay with me Sami we’re gonna fix you ok.” I nodded and lowered my hand to my stomach. “Baby.” I managed to cough out. His eyes grew wide as he registered my word. “Right. Her too.” He promised, placing his hand over mine.
Soon I heard the sound of sirens, and barely made out flashing lights beyond my thinning vision. My sense of direction was fading as well. All I noticed were bodies looming over me, and Nikki’s firm grasp on my hand. A breathing device was placed on my face, and they managed to stop the bleeding by the time we got to a hospital.
Nikki kept pace with every step, barely ever letting go of my hand. I looked up several times to just make out the line of his face and his poufy black hair. At one point I noticed I was in a room, where needles were stuck all over me and machines began beeping. “Dammit, there’s no time.” I heard an unfamiliar voice growl.” “What do you mean?” Nikki asked frantically. “We need to save the baby.” The other voice said very matter-of-factly. “And Sami?” Nikki pleaded. There was a pause. “We need to save the baby.” The voice said with finality.
Nikki was silent for a long while before I felt his hand on my face. Soon I felt tears beside his palm. “You’re gonna be ok Sami I promise.” He said, sounding very raspy and strained. I knew that was a lie. I looked up at him, trying to make out those greyish green eyes I had come to adore. “I love you Frankie.” I whispered the best I could. His hand tightened on my face. “I love you too.” He choked out.
Crying. That’s the last thing I remember. Her beautiful cries filled my ears and for a moment it almost felt like my heart could keep pounding. Nikki took his hand off of me for just a moment. Then he replaced it and whispered “Sami.” I looked up to see my baby girl. I almost produced tears of my own. I smiled my last smile. My eyes closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit. I know I'm getting all kinds of hell for ending the story like this, I'm sorry guys. But it's about time the fanfic world got a little kick in the ass, don't you think?