Status: Uhm, slowly updating, so bare with me D:

A Part of My Heart

P.O.V. Cassadee.

P.O.V. Cassadee.

The next morning had arrived in the blink of an eye. The weather outside had kicked up, no longer a gentle snowfall but a harsh blizzard in the making. I sat comfortably on the couch, sinking into its cushions with my journal on its armrest as I wrote, smiling to myself like an idiot. There was so much more to be said, but I couldn’t find any way to sum it up. So I sighed happily as I wrote the last bullet point and closed the journal, set it down on the table. I leaned to the other end of the piece of furniture I was perched on and picked the remote, with a press of a button the TV flickered to life.

“Now just look at that, Joan-Rangers!” Exclaimed an old woman with white-blonde hair, obviously dyed. Her face was stretched and pulled in places that were in no way natural; thanks to plastic surgery I’m sure. The four people that sat around her in gaudy Tangerine color chairs, laughing hysterically. The flamboyant looking gentleman to her left slapped his knee as he chuckled before commenting.

“She looks like a damn peacock!” He squealed, sending more laughs into the air.

I groaned, clicking to the next channel. If there is anything I hate more than people who try to be what people call ‘fashionable’, it’s people who think they are better than everybody else. And shows about fashion just so happen to have both of those things. I passed the weather channel, the sports channel, a few movie channels, until I finally landed on a channel I couldn’t identify on the spot.

A woman who looked as if in her early twenties stood in a colorful room a polite smile on her face. It was hard to look past the pounds of make-up applied to her face and her blond hair that cascaded in messy spirals down her shoulders, but I forced myself to look beyond it and focus on what she was saying.

“-Sweeping the world, conquering the charts, and capturing young girls hearts-“ I soon stopped listening to the woman speak, but focused on the music that played in the atmosphere behind her.

“ Shot me out of the sky
You're my Kryptonite
You keep making me weak
Yeah, frozen and can't breathe

Some things gotta give now”

I jumped feeling a hand settle on my shoulder; I glanced up and saw my mum smiling down at me. “Good morning,” She greeted, giving my shoulder a gentle squeeze. “I figured you wouldn’t be up for ages, but I guess I was wrong.” I gave a small shrug and shook my head.

“I didn’t go to sleep. Wasn’t tired,” I mumbled, expecting her to star scolding me, but she merely held a shocked look upon her face. Only she wasn’t looking at me, she was looking past me…

She tapped my shoulder rapidly. “Harry,” She said. I raised my eyebrows. What was she talking about? Harry left last night. I think I would know if Harry Styles was in my house, wouldn’t I?

“Mum… Harry isn’t here,” I grumbled, turning away from here and turning my attention back to the television. My heart stopped the moment I laid eyes on the screen. Mum was right. Harry.

“So get out, get out, get out of my head
And fall into my arms instead
I don't, I don't, don't know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you've got that one thing
So get out get out get out of my mind
And come on come into my life
I don't I don't don't know what it is
But I need that one thing
And you've got that one thing”

There he was with four other boys, singing and dancing on my TV screen. I rubbed my eyes rapidly with my closed fist. I must be seeing things. I must be. My friend, Harold Edward Styles, was not on broadcasted television. Something had to be wrong here. But it wasn’t wrong. Back at the diner, I remember him telling me about himself.

* * *

"Alright then. Uh, my full name is Harold Edward Styles, but just about everyone calls me Harry. My favorite color happens to be orange. And for my hobbies, I sing in a boy band," He explained, fiddling around with the salt shaker.

"Hey, I like orange!" I squealed dumbly.

"I know,” He chuckled.

" Oh, yeah. So, you're in a band? A boy band?" I asked, trying to cover up for my stupid remark.

"Yeah, I am. We're called One Direction. We're actually a pretty big deal..."

I rolled my eyes and snorted, “Sure you are.” Not at all believing him and took a sip of my water.

"We just back from our world tour yesterday actually," He said simply, making my eyes wide. I did the first thing that came to my mind m\naturally. I did a spit take, spewing water all over our table.

“WHAT?!”

* **
My mouth dropped open at the memory. Okayyy, maybe he wasn't exaggerating…
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay. Two chapters in one day c:
commment or subscribe or recommend.
Whatever you do, just let me know if you like it!