Status: story has been abandoned

The Legend of the Heavens Blade

chapter 13

“Are we there yet” Ashtralana said as the three girls walked down a road? The area was barren and dry. Sand covered the entire area. “It’s hot, I’m hungry, and my feet hurt.” Ashtralana whined. “Will you stop whining, we don’t have much farther to go.” Ryxa said as she looked back at Ashtralana. “Euphoria is just on the other side of the valley.” Arlona said as she pointed to a large valley that separated the land. Ashtralana could see the city off in the distance on the other side. “It’s about another day walk from here.” Arlona said. “Isn’t there a faster way?” Ashtralana whined. Arlona looked back at her. “Well you could make us a portal, but we both know how that will go.” Arlona said. Ashtralana looked down at the ground. “Poor mouse.” She said in a sad tone. Ryxa looked at her. “What happened to the mouse?” Ryxa asked. “You don’t want to know.” Arlona said, “But there is another way that will cut the time in half, but I don’t advise it.” Arlona said as she looked over to the side. In the distance they could see a bridge that lead across the valley. “This valley use to be a major river that supplied water to this area, but the king cut off the water source and began taxing the water.” Arlona said with a mad face. “So that’s the bridge that use to connect the two sides?” Ryxa asked as she looked over at the bridge. She could see guards stationed at both sides of it. “Yeah but he also taxes the use of that, and the guards tend to be a lil ‘frisky’ when they collect.” Arlona said. Ashtralana crossed her arms across her chest. “I’ll take the valley.” She said. The three walked up to the edge of the valley, Ashtralana looked down. “It doesn’t look that deep.” She said as they began to walk down a small path that was made. “It isn’t but there are some bandits and creatures that live down there, but I can handle them.” Arlona said as they traveled down the path. As the three walked through the small valley Ashtralana ran to each item that peaked her interest. Ryxa got an annoyed look on her face. “You’re enjoying this too much.” She said. Ashtralana stopped and looked at Ryxa with a smile on her face. “She hasn’t seen anything besides grandma’s house for years, let her explore. Just watch out for spiders.” Arlona said. Ashtralana suddenly got a scared look on her face. She ran over to Arlona and wrapped around her arm. “You didn’t say there were spiders here.” Ashtralana said in a concerned voice. Arlona smile. “It’s ok they aren’t that big.” Arlona said in a jest. Ashtralana glared at her. “The last spider I saw was as big as a horse; I’m not taking a chance.” Ashtralana said. As the three walked up to the end of the valley Ashtralana began to walk ahead. “Hey look it’s the…..” Suddenly Arlona grabbed and pulled Ashtralana behind a rock. A gunshot hit the ground. “What the hell?” she yelled as she cowered behind a rock with Arlona. Arlona glanced at Ryxa who was behind another boulder. “It seems we have company.” Ryxa said as she drew her sword. Arlona motioned to her. “Don’t bother you would be dead before you even go to her.” Arlona said. Ryxa looked at her with a confused look. “Her? You know who it is.” Ryxa asked. Arlona smiled. “Yep, and she happens to be one of the best marksman around.” Arlona said as she reached into her pouch. She turned to Ashtralana, “Ashtral dear, I need you to make me a small portal that leads up to that ledge.” Arlona said as she pointed over the rock. Ashtralana gave her a concerned look. “But.” She said. Arlona smiled at her. “It’s ok no living thing is going in it just this.” Arlona said as she held out a small object, Ashtralana nodded and began to make a small portal. Arlona dropped the object into the portal and pulled out her gun. Up on the ledge a young woman laid on the ground with a gun up to her shoulder. “Come on; poke your pretty lil head out.” The woman said. Suddenly a portal appeared above her. The object dropped down and landed beside her. “What the………..oh that fucking bitch!” the woman said as she quickly got up and jumped off the ledge. The object exploded behind her as she jumped off. She managed to land on the ground below and roll. As she stood up she quickly spun around. There stood Arlona who pointed her gun at the woman. The woman smiled. “Well hello there Arlona, nice to see your pretty lil head again.” The woman said. Arlona smiled back at her. “Yes it is, so tells me Aloisia, and is you here to collect?” Arlona said. Aloisia looked at her. “Does it matter, I was actually here to get some bandits but you turned to be a plus, now kindly hand over the money you owe me or ill just take it.” Aloisia said as she glanced down. Arlona looked down and saw that Aloisia had her rifle pointed under her chin. “Now we both know my rifle is faster than your gun.” Aloisia said with an evil smirk. “Yes but my sword is faster than both.” Ryxa said behind Aloisia. Aloisia looked behind her. She could feel the blade as it poked into the back of her neck. “This has nothing to do with you.” Aloisia said. “oh but it does, if you kill Arlona before she can pay me back then her debt falls onto you. “ Ryxa said. Aloisia looked back at Arlona as she slowly began to squeeze the trigger. “It’s ok I can handle the debt.” She said with a confident tone. “All two million of it?” Ryxa said with a smile. Aloisia quickly dropped her rifle from Arlona’s neck. “How much?” she said. Ryxa smiled and lowered her sword, “now once I get my money then you can get yours.” Ryxa said. Aloisia and Arlona both put their guns back up. “Fine, but I’m not letting Arlona get away from me this time” Aloisia said.