Status: story has been abandoned

The Legend of the Heavens Blade

Chapter 5

As Arlona and Ryxa traveled to the city of Tetoria, King Faust began to put his own plan into motion.
“Sir, I have found the old witch in the forest.” A voice said from the shadows. King Faust stood in front of the window, “I think it’s time we pay her a visit.” He said as he gazed out over the city. A figure appeared from the shadows. “That’s easier said than done, she has a strong barrier on the door.” The voice said. Faust turned towards the figure. “Are you telling me the great Demon swordsman is bested by a frail old woman?” Faust said a bit annoyed. “No, but in order to get to her I will need his help” Demon said as he walked towards Faust. Faust stared at him for a minute, and then walked over to the bookshelf where he pulled on a switch hidden among the books. The bookshelf opened up, behind it was a set of spiral stairs heading down. “This will lead you to my Collection. He will be in there, now get me what I want.” Faust said as he turned back to the window. Demon started to make his way down the long spiral stair case. At the bottom was a large stone hallway with iron bars along the wall. Behind the iron bars were large dark rooms. As Demon walked down the hall he could hear strange noises coming from the shadows. He stopped in front of one cell and peered inside. Suddenly a beast with sharp claws and teeth slammed against the side of the cell reaching out to him. He stared at the monster and laughed. He continued to walk down the hall; once again he stopped and looked into another cell. He saw a large figure standing in the shadows; it was of great size and strength but stood there as if waiting to be told what to do. “Come here” he said in a stern voice. The figure walked to the cell door into the light. It stood there staring at him. “My aren’t you an obedient one.” Demon said as he looked at the monster. “I may be in need of your help, if you assist me I shall let you out.” The monster growled and mumbled as if it agreed to the offer. Demon then snapped his fingers and the cell door opened. The monster emerged from the dark cell and stood before him. Demon then turned and continued down the hall. “Come” he said as he walked away. The monster followed obediently. They continued walking until they reached the end of the hall. At the end of the hall was a steel door with a barrier painted on it. “So this is here he is” Demon said as he touched the barrier. “Such a strong barrier to keep one man in.” he said as he stepped back “but it’s only a barrier to keep him in.” Demon looked to the monster behind him. “Open it” he said pointing at the door. The monster grunted and walked to the door. It grabbed the door with great force and ripped it out the wall. “Good, now come on” Demon said entering the room. The monster mumbled and followed with the door in hand. They walked into the dark cell. Inside was a hooded figure, chains bound him to the wall. Demon approached the figure. “I have something for you to do.” Demon said to the figure. The figure didn’t move or speak. “If you do this I will release you from this prison.” He said. The figure raised its head and then nodded. “Good” demon said as he snapped his fingers. Shadows enveloped all three of them and they disappeared.