Status: Currently Not Writing

A God & a Goddess

One

The sound of a man's fist pounding on the small floral doors made the woman halt in her actions.She moved to the door that connected her room to the main one to listen to the whispers.

She jumped at the sudden knock right at her ear."Yes?" The door opened showing a man covered in armor.Armor of the palace's guards.

"I apologize for intruding at this hour, but the All Father wishes for your company at the palace." Her brow perked up in confusion.

"The All Father?" She questioned the tall bulky figure.
"Aye Milady."

"Umm, exactly what does the All Father want with me?"

"I was not given that information.Just to retrieve you."

She thought for a moment obviously stunned and confused."Well give me a moment please.I'll be out shortly."

With the last of the small words the guard closes the door leaving the Goddess,Vör,as she was.

"What could the All Father possibly want me for?" Vör thought aloud.
Then she quickly picked out her best clothes and made herself look what she hoped decent enough for a trip to the palace.

She adorned a dark purple Grecian styled dress.With a slit running from mid-thigh down her right leg.Vör's light peach skin showing through.
No back and only one strap to the left being held by a gold circle pin.She had two chop stick like pins holding her brown waving hair into a loose bun and light make-up hints.

A thin line of black eyeliner with fading purple eyeshadow to match the dress and light pink gloss shining her lips.Then lastly Grecian sandals that stopped just above her ankle.

Vör was only 27 years of age.It was a very big deal to be called by the All Father when you are at such a young age and not only that, but to not have gained her powers yet.

She hoped that it wasn't of bad intentions.Maybe he only wishes to check on the young gods and goddesses.
No.That can't be it.
That has never happened.

The whole carriage ride to the palace Vör's heart raced.All of the different possibilities of what could be wrong.Not a single positive thought crossed her mind.

She walked into the large doors leaving behind the guard to be joined by two others on both sides.Vör looked straight forward but quickly looked down as she caught a glimpse of Odin along with the two princes,Thor and Loki.

As she approached the All Father at his throne she knelt down with her head low.
"You wished to see me,All Father?" Vör spoke in a low feminine voice as if she were trying to coax a kitten from a tree.

"Yes." Odin boomed.His voice loud and powerful," I have arranged a feast for my son,Thor.He is to be crowned king and I wish for you,Lady Vör,to attend."

Vör's eyes went wide as she stared into the marbled floor and the words processed.
Without thinking she stared up but also caught the gaze of Loki then Thor.
" Me? Why me?" She questioned toward Odin,then caught herself," All Father."
Her head lowered again.

"Please.Raise your head young one." He replied instead.
Vör did as told and stared forward at the fur hanging around the All Father's shoulders.

"Truthfully," Odin said standing,using his staff as support, "I have chosen many maidens.They have all been called to the palace for personal invitation.So far,none have refused.Give your answer."

Vör showed even more surprise."Of course I shall attend,All Father.This is a great opportunity I cannot deny.But may I ask something?"

Odin nodded in response."Why have you decided to invite maidens of non noble blood?"

"It is true that they are not of nobles, but the nobles are no greater than any others.All of Asgard are equal in my eyes.I have also decided that Thor needs attain a wife to become a true king.What is a king without a wife?"

Vör glanced over at Thor then back to Odin," I hate to disappoint sir,but I do not have any intentions of wedding with Thor."

She stared into Odin's eyes and caught a smile on his lips.
He slowly stepped down from his throne's platform and stopped in front of Vör.

He simply put his hand on her shoulder having her stand.His dark blue eyes met with her blue-green tinted ones and he spoke strongly.

"I have chosen you not for just this reason, but for more than this.I cannot fully explain these reasons though.I must tell you this." Odin paused for only a moment.

"I also hope for the youngest to wed as well."
Then he walked back to his throne and sat.

Vör looked at Odin with disbelief.She could not deny that she had found a liking toward Loki, but for the All Father to go as far as suggesting marriage?

"I refuse,father!" Loki exclaimed.

"No!" Odin banged his staff to the ground, " You will choose a wife! I won't force one upon you, but you must choose."

Loki held the bridge of his nose with his thumb and index finger in frustration,
" I do not need to be wed if I am not king." He replied trying to negotiate.

"You may not be crowned king, but I still wish for you to have offspring Loki.You are also son of Odin and I will not stand for you being singled out."

Suddenly Vör felt a pang and heard a voice inside her head,
'Now you don't want me singled out? Ha!'

She looked around in confusion and Odin had noticed.He turned to her softening his expression," Sorry,I had forgotten.Vör, do you wish to be excused?" He asked oblivious to what she had heard and he hadn't.

Hesitantly she nodded," Yes,All Father."
Odin sat back in his seat and waved his hand telling the guards to leave.
" Loki will accompany you back home to ensure a safe trip.Please come to the feast tomorrow."

She curtsied to the All Father and Thor,then was sent out along with Loki.
He mumbled to himself and stubbornly followed Vör.

"This is ridiculous.Me to be wedded? Ha! Father wants me to be a part of the family now? Just idiotic."
Vör looked at him with a soft expression now realizing she had heard Loki's thoughts back there.

Had her powers finally surfaced? Or was it just her imagination?
Vör had no idea that the prince Loki had such a crude demeanor.
She also hadn't expected the All Father to suggest marriage with him either.

"Do you have anyone you'd like to wed at all,Prince Loki?" Vör finally spoke up as they reached halfway toward her home.Not having the carriage was quite a nuisance considering the distances to walk.

Loki glared at her with a distasteful expression and stopped walking.
"No.No I do not.Nor do I intend to find one."
He spoke with venom spilling from his mouth and continued on marching.

Vör was caught by surprise when he had turned with such a cruel response.Then she relaxed when he was a distance away.
They reached a street that split off to others and Loki stopped,waiting for the directions.

"Left." She spoke softly ahead,hoping to not get too close.He took a sharp turn and ran into a light post,cursing in Asgardian tongue.
Vör dared not chuckle, but saw that he had blood run from his nose.

"Prince!" She exclaimed and ran to him with a handkerchief in hand.
Loki slapped her hand from his face before she could wipe it away.

"I do not need tending to from a woman!" He snapped again.He seriously has some anger issues Vör thought.

"I do not!" Loki said more angrily.Her eyes widened.Had he heard her thoughts?

"Of course I did you imbecile! I am god of mischief!" He exclaimed wiping the blood away with his sleeve.

"Then could I have heard yours in the throne room?" Vör questioned.Loki looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean woman?" He narrowed his eyes at her awaiting the answers he wanted.

"In the throne room" She replied looking at the stone streets," I had heard a voice in my head that was not my own.It sounded like yours.As if you were saying something to me." Vör looked up at Loki's tall figure.

Just as she did the lanterns down all of the streets came to life and shone on Loki and her.She finally got a good look at his pale frame.

Well built yet still seemed so fragile.His black hair slicked back into a curl framed his face like a canvas.Chest pushed out and his shoulders stiff.
Long limbs and beautifully sculpted face.

Loki's eyes widened at her statement, but quickly went back to his cold expression.
" Don't think anything of it.Probably only coincidence or something of the sort."

Vör agreed and they continued, but she couldn't help but think.What if her power willed her to do as Loki could.Was she a sorceress?

" I said not to think of it!" Loki yelled stopping in his tracks and facing her.
" I apologize greatly,Prince Loki." Vör bowed lightly.

"Don't say my name." He replied then walked on."Then what should I call you?"
"Nothing." Then he disappeared.
She stood in silence, but she could still feel his presence.

'No one should be singled out of family,Loki.'

Vör continued to her home, but Loki's presence had left long ago.She hoped she had not maddened him more by calling his name.
She only wanted to comfort him.

To her Loki seemed like a lost puppy that hated the Asgardian race for not showing it love.
So,in Vör's mind he needed love, and that's exactly what she was going to give him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is just a filler or pre-quel.Just tell me if you really enjoyed it and if you want me to continue it leave a comment telling me so. :) Also Have to say that the layout was a fail haha.