Status: Currently Not Writing

A God & a Goddess

Two

"I am ecstatic to see you have come, Lady Vör." Fandral,one of the Warrior's Three greeted the goddess as she entered the palace.

Fandral The Dashing was of few acquaintances Vör spoke with.
They both had become the greatest of allies after her parents had passed on to Valhalla.
Her father, slaughtered by Frost Giants in the great war for an ancient relic , and her mother, of grief and a broken heart for her beloved.

Soon after she had been sent to foster parents, she met Fandral. Ever since then they have spoken to each other every now and then. Recently though,Fandral has been troubling her with meetings with multiple 'companions'.

Every time,Vör has rejected his attempts, but he still refuses to quit.
She respects his exertion toward it but also loathes it.

"Well I am ecstatic to be here."
She simply replied whilst scanning the room of many occupants.
"Umm do you mind answering a small question for me?"

Vör smiled toward the man who was obviously buzzed from previous drinking.
He nodded in agreement for her to continue.
"Do you know exactly how many people are here tonight?"

Fandral's expression turned to a bit of confusion, "Well not exactly, but I can assure you it's not the entire kingdom."

She laughed along with him at his little joke and excused herself to find a spot less...crowded.

Vör was never the kind to get mixed up in large groups.Which also made it difficult to attend other festivities, especially those of higher rank.

When she finally found a small secluded corner she sighed and wiggled a bit trying to get comfortable in her tight corset.

"I always despised these retched things."
Her breath came out a bit hitched toward the end because of the sudden tug it made.

'Never will I wear another of these ridiculous contraptions.' Being only the third time in her life she'd worn a corset it made a quite difficult time breathing steadily, but an even more difficult time trying to put it on.

" If you hate it,why wear it,fool?" Vör gasped then turned seeing the sudden presence of the younger prince.
" Well,because I wanted to look my best, Prince Lo-." She stopped herself before uttering his name,remembering last night's events.

She only turned back around facing the many people and looking at all of their faces,trying to recall names.

"Why are you standing here alone anyway? Shouldn't you be socializing with those common sheep?"

As she rotated back to examine Loki's face she tilted a smile.
"I am not alone, for you are standing right next to me,Prince."

He only scoffed, " You haven't answered the second question."

Vör once again looked back into the crowd and continued, "I am not much of a socialist,Prince."
Loki's eyebrow shifted in a questioning motion even though she could not see it.
" So,you prefer to stand by and observe,over chating idly?"

She only nodded once with her eyes focused on Thor,Fandral,and Volstagg (another of the Warriors Three) dancing around and singing with mead spilling from their cups.

Then without her knowing Loki had shifted closer.
Close enough to smell the wild cherry blossoms in her hair,
" I much prefer preying from the sides and waiting."

A shiver went up Vör's spine and her hair stood up on the back of her neck at the bearing of his voice.She turned abruptly from the sudden proximity of his voice as well, facing only the darkness of the crevice and the cold air.

'What had he meant by waiting?' She wondered.

Another voice surprised her, but she relaxed seeing as it was Fandral.
She soon tensed back though as he was pushing her off toward a limited group of men.

"Please Fandral,I don't wish to join you.I'd much rather be in a concealed area.I beg of you."
Vör's pleading hadn't done much help seeing as she was still pushed onward.

"Here she is. The Oh-so-beautiful Vör"
Fandral exclaimed to the group. They said their own greetings, and all holding her hand up and kissing it while looking into her eyes.

After addressing herself and doing a curtsy she whispered into Fandral's ear,"I really do not wish to find a consort.May I please return to my previous position?"

"Oh stop with the beseeching.Someone must be appealing to you." He disclaimed putting an arm over her shoulder to make sure she didn't escape.

When he stated the argument someone had popped into her mind.
Someone that appeared as though he successfully eluded away.

"W-well," She stuttered out a bit embarrassed.Fandral looked a bit surprised but still joyous of her endeavors.

"Come on Vör.Spit it out.Who?" He poked and prodded at her for the answer.She looked around her to make sure no one was listening,grateful that they had moved away from the circle of men.

"Well,I have slightly taken a liking toward one of the princes."

Fandral's expression went beyond that of shock,then realization.Or what he thought was realization.

"It must be Thor!" He exclaimed,a bit louder than Vör wanted.
Thankfully, all of the other guests spoke too loud to hear him.

"This is great.Thor told me that you rejected the All-Father's offer with him,but it seems you've changed your mind.You two are marvelous together."
Fandral just kept rambling on and on about her and Thor,which hadn't made Vör much more joyful.

She finally couldn't take anymore and grabbed onto his arms stopping his flailing."Fandral.Calm yourself.I wasn't speaking of the eldest."

That last sentence instantly quieted him."Prince Loki?"

She nodded timidly and retracted her hands back to her side.
Vör hated to admit it, but she had always felt something toward Loki.

He was continually the small slender boy that spoke to no one and kept his distance.
Holding a cold gaze and giving dominant gestures.He constantly wanted others to know his place, and theirs below him.

Even though she'd only been in the same room as him on few occasions as children she still could tell there was a certainty to him.Now that Vör has grown older and has had the chance to get close to him she understands that there is a need to be near him inside her.

Loki hasn't been the most hospitable, but she could feel something when he speaks to her.She not know what his true intentions are, but she hopes they are well.

"Are you undoubtedly sure upon choosing Prince Loki?" Fandral questioned.

She merely nodded and he groaned putting his face into the palm of his hand.
Just as Vör was going to relieve herself of the conversation Loki appeared surprising them both.

"Father wishes to speak with you and the other three." He hissed out toward Fandral,obviously in detest.
Loki then looked down to Vör with a half cocked grin making her goosebumps from before appear.

"We'll talk about this later.Good day." Fandral excused himself leaving Vör and Loki to a moment of awkward silence.

"Umm,I need some fresh air.Please excuse me Prince." She muttered with her head low and walking to the deserted balcony.

As she reached the fencing around the balcony she exhaled and slumped her arms over the side with her chest touching the rail.Then she coughed from the corset practically choking her.

"Damn this thing." Vör exclaimed and stood straight again.
She only looked out at the bright golden homes of Asgard and up at the endless sky as it began to darken.

" Such beauty, yet such evil emits from it."
She whispered to herself in a sorrowful tone.
" Why must these worlds fight?Fight only for power.Or maybe just for the amusement of the fight. I will never understand Fandral and his love for the battle field."

Vör spoke countlessly of her feelings as though she were with company, but the more she spoke,the more lonely she felt.

"Father...Mother.In your absences I have grown so alone...." Her eyes shifted down to her hands as she attached and detached them, "What if the mourning would never cease? What if the grief and bewailing took over me as it did you mother?"

Then Vör's eyes glistened from the tears that threatened to leak.
She tried her earnestly not to let them win.
" Mother...I am frightened.Truly frightened."
Alas,her emotions won and tears spilled down her cheeks onto the balcony railing below.

Unexpectedly it deemed on Vör that she had to turn around, but as she did,she saw Loki's eyes attached onto hers.
His emerald color breaking through her blue forest irises making more goosebumps form again.

Then in that short yet sweet instant Vör felt his feelings collide with her own and she couldn't help but call out to him for dependence.

"Loki."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooook well sorry for the wait and also I might not update weekly or anything like that because school is about to start back and I have extra classes because apparently I'm a smarty pants.
But anyway please comment and tell me what you think also here's a picture of the dress she was wearing

I got it from someone on DeviantArt.com so all work goes to that guy,but since it wasn't colored I got my friend to do it since I couldn't considering thing's I didn't have.And just imagine a corset over or under it ^^There's two colors so just pick whichever.and her hair should be brown but for some reason she couldn't color it that way.

First is the link to the original then I'll put the link to the colored one:

http://emomuffins5.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d51onu7

http://www.mibba.com/Member/149499/Photos/445187/

Also,on the original pic the last two girls will be the outfit she wears for horse riding and sparring.
Thank you :D