Status: Complete x

Keep Me On My Toes

When Everything Feels Like The Movies

I didn’t hear from Josh for a few days, so I decided to be my desperate self and text him first.

To: Josh
From: Siana
Hey, you ok? Xo

I got my reply almost instantly

To: Siana
From: Josh
Hey! Yeah I am, how about you? X

To: Josh
From: Siana
Yeah I’m good; the other night was fun xo

To: Siana
From: Josh
None of us lot did anything embarrassing did we? We can’t remember too well haha xx

To: Josh
From: Siana
Well you and the boys got wasted but no, nothing weird happened. Except Chess and Max kissing and then I had to kiss him in spin the bottle then she got pissed but whatever, we’re good now xo

To: Siana
From: Josh
You seem to remember it pretty well! I seem to remember everyone was pretty wasted tbh xx

To: Josh
From: Siana
Well you guys all were :P But no, me and Chess weren’t that drunk. The gigs this Friday so you get to see my beautiful self again. Excited?

To: Siana
From: Josh
Yeah I am! What’s the plan for you and whoever you’re taking? Xo

I couldn’t be bothered to type out a text that was going to take forever- I knew he’d get impatient and interrupt me while I was writing it so I decided just to call him.
‘Hey Siana,’ he said after the second ring. Someone’s keen…

‘Hey. So yeah I couldn’t be bothered to type it but BASICALLY I’m taking Chess. We’re gonna get to Hard Rock at like erm 5ish then hang with you backstage. Aren’t you getting there at like 4? But yeah anyway after that if you wanna do something we’re game?’

‘Ooooh okay. You want a ride up?’

‘Yeah actually- saves us getting the train forever.’

‘Mind getting there a big earlier then?’

‘Nah that’s fine.’ I replied with a smile. Josh was offering to take me. We MUST be proper friends by now?

‘Okay cool. I’ll pick you up at like 3 then. Dan’s riding up with us too. What were you saying about after the gig?’

I was worried at this point he wouldn’t want to go out with me after the gig- maybe we weren’t friends after all.

‘Oh, no… nothing its fine,’ I mumbled.

‘Err… okay…’ He said, obviously confused,

‘But yeah I’m looking forward to it!’ I cheered, trying to get the conversation back.

‘Yeah me too, first proper gig we’ve played in a while!’

‘Okay well, I have to get going. My puppy needs me.’

‘YOU HAVE A PUPPY?! Ok I’m coming at like 2 to play with your puppy.’

‘Okay! See you then,’ I said with a smile and a laugh.

‘Yeah, byeeeee!’ He said, dragging the ‘bye’ out. Maybe Friday wasn’t going to go as badly as I thought.

I had lied though; my puppy hadn’t needed me… She was asleep. I just didn’t want the conversation to get awkward again. I still fan girl every time I realise that I’m becoming friends with the guy I’ve been in love with since I was 13. He must KNOW I have a huge crush on him, I mean it’s not that obvious but the whole thing- how I was a fan before blah blah. What fan doesn’t have a huge crush on him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so this is a dreadful filler. Really really dreadful. But so far, I've noticed just Josh texts her first and that's not terribly likely to happen. Also, it's just setting up for the gig which will be the next chapter. Lots of fun happens after that ;)

Chapter title thanks to Goo Goo Dolls- Iris