Status: Complete x

Keep Me On My Toes

She Bites Her Lip And Tips Her Bottle

When I said I thought Francesca had a crush on Dan, I was apparently completely wrong. She is SO sweet on Max! And I had the privilege of them flirting over me and Josh, which was just horrendously awkward.

She’d paid a hell of a lot of attention to Dan at the start, because she’s always told me he was ‘one of the hottest guys EVARRR’- her words, not mine- but something just didn’t click. You could tell they would be sick friends but I don’t know… it’s hard to explain.

So yeah, now I was stuck with this situation that I didn’t know how to escape. I was trying to talk to Edward over Chess’s head, so it would be super awkward if I just got up and left the circle. Edward got cut off as Chris arrived with more beers, and promptly forgot our conversation, which just left me sitting there with no one to talk to since everyone else already had conversations going.

We were all fairly buzzed- Matt had bought a lot more beer than everyone had thought he would. Apparently he’s a tad bit of a secret party animal. I looked to my side to talk to Josh, but he wasn’t there anymore, then suddenly I felt myself being pulled backwards and froze completely. Anyone not having drunk as much as me would have realised it was Josh, but whatever, it took me a few.

‘Just y’know, helping you out of that situation,’ Josh grinned, pointing at Chess and Max who were sat right next to each other now Josh and I had moved.

‘Cheers for that,’ I said with a wink as I looked back over at them and my mouth dropped. They were pretty openly just making out. Right there. In front of everyone.

Josh catcalled and they both pulled away looking a tad embarrassed. Chris called my name so I swung around to look at him, and he beckoned me over. I walked over and sat next to him as if I’d known him forever. In the back of my mind I was fangirling, but the alcohol was more than helping to get rid of the urge to scream and throw myself at them. Besides, Edward and I had talked on a few occasions when we went to the same events and whatever.

Chris pulled out a bottle of tequila and waved it at me, clearly having had a few more than the rest of us, ‘Take a swig and pass it on- ladies first,’ Chris murmured, handing me the bottle. This sounds fun. I did what he said and before I could give the bottle to anyone, Josh was taking it out of my hands.

‘I’m a lady too,’ he shouted before downing a fair bit.

‘Woaaah think that’s enough there, mate. We all know you’re a light-weight,’ Matt grinned and stole the bottle.

After all the tequila was gone, and most of the bottles were empty, we were sat in a circle again after someone’s genius idea of spin the bottle.

Chess had been pretty quiet all night, only really talking to Dan and Max, but she piped up with what was actually, a really good question, ‘Guys... have we noticed theres what, 10 guys and 2 girls?’ 10?! What?! I didn’t even notice that many... I only really paid attention to the band and Edward… I don’t even know the others names.

‘Oh well. It’s not like we’ve never kissed each other before, and who would want to miss out on the opportunity to kiss some lovely ladies like you,’ Josh practically shouted. Jesus, alcohol makes him loud.

‘I SPIN FIRST!’ Yelled one of the guys I didn’t knows name, but whatever, I wasn’t going to make an effort with him. To me, he seemed like a dick.

It got quiet as the bottle spun round and round. It slowed down near me and I hoped to God I wasn’t going to have to kiss this idiot. I didn’t really like any of their friends to be honest. But no, it landed on me. Why it couldn’t have landed on Edward or Chess who were next to me, I will
never know. The world obviously hated me.

Apparently this guy decided that the rules were you had to spit all over the person you were kissing, and I pulled back pretty quickly. That was fucking gross. Who even kisses like that? Ew.

I spun, and it went a full circle and landed on Chess. It was bound to happen, but this early on? Wow. The guys all had smirks on their faces like it bothered us, but we used to use this as an excuse to get rid of weirdo’s back in high school. They’re going to love this.

I turned to her and grinned, she was thinking the exact same thing. We started off gently kissing, and then moved into more. Soon I was in her lap and practically grinding on her. I pulled back and burst out laughing when I looked at all the guys open mouths. I noticed Josh shifting a little and looked at his crotch. Oh my God no WAY did he get a boner over that! I turned and looked at the other guys, noticing they were all having similar reactions. That was it- I couldn’t hold it in anymore. I was rolling around on the floor with tears streaming down my face from laughing so much. First thing THAT reaction had ever happened!

‘Erm right so... let’s just carry on yeah?’ Said Dan nervously, sensing things were about to get a bit awkward.

‘Yeah okay then,’ laughed Francesca when we finally calmed down.

She spun the bottle and it landed on Josh. She gave me a little side glance, as if asking permission so I just grinned back at her… Why would she need my permission to kiss some guy?

They kissed, pretty short and sweet. Neither of them really seemed to be all that into it. It was Josh’s turn to spin, and it landed on Edward. Why couldn’t it have been me!? I’m sitting RIGHT next to him. Gah. There was no hiding it I had the total hots for Josh, but I don’t think he seemed to have noticed so whatever.

Josh leant over because he was sat opposite us, and lightly kissed Edward. Nothing exciting.
Edward spun, and it landed on me again. Some people hadn’t even kissed anyone yet but it’s been on me twice? This is fixed to land on girls I swear!

He kissed me, but it was a faster kiss than his had been with Josh. Was I that bad?

I spun again, and landed on Max. Oh God no. I looked at Francesca and she didn’t seem to have noticed who I landed on, having been conversing with Chris. I leant over quickly to try and get this over with. Francesca was the type to totally freak out at something like this and I was worried.

We both pulled back after literally 1 second, even his drunk self seemed to realise he liked Chess and didn’t want to fuck up, but it was too late.

I could tell just by the look on her face she was trying to hide that she was upset with me. It hadn’t MEANT anything why was she so pissed. This was so like her! Overreacting at everything!

After a few more spins, and uneventful kisses, I excused myself and Francesca, saying we were tired. I just knew she didn’t want to be here anymore and I was trying to do anything to make her less angry with me. To be honest if she was sober she wouldn’t be nearly as pissed off but whatever.

I hugged everyone, including all the dickheads, and Francesca followed my lead. I told Josh to text me and he held onto me the longest out of everyone. We really were becoming good friends.

I had other things to worry about though, because Francesca was stood there looking as if she really just wanted to go home, which is exactly where we were going. It had gotten really, really late and she was tired and wasted.

On the way home, I tried apologising again and again but she wouldn’t have it. Finally when we got home and were both in bed, I turned to look at her, finding her looking up at the ceiling, ‘Chess seriously.. I am really sorry you’re upset I kissed Max but it was like, for one second! Neither of us liked it and I can tell he really likes you… I’m sure he wouldn’t have kissed me optionally, and I know I certainly wouldn’t have kissed him if I didn’t have to- it’s just a game!’

She turned to look at me and saw how genuine I was being, and then a small smile slipped onto her face, ‘I’m sorry for being a bitch and ruining your night… I just ergh! I really like him and he’s way too good for me and yeah. I just like him.’

‘Hey! It’s fine! Seriously! I’ll have a word with Josh tomorrow morning or something about him… I’ll be subtle I promise.’

‘Ooooh Josh?’ She said with a wink.

‘Shut up,’ I said with a laugh and a pout, turning back over and falling into a peaceful sleep, happy that Chess and I were okay again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah boizzz, two updates in a night.
Aw I have some suprises :D

Chapter title name thingy thanks to All Time Low- Toxic Valentine