Status: Complete x

Keep Me On My Toes

Didn't Think You'd Feel So Far Away

‘Why would you do that though?!’ Is what I woke up to the next morning. That was way too loud for my banging head.

‘Bro, I didn’t do anything! I’m sorry if you have a problem with me dancing with a girl!’

‘You know what I mean! Just... whatever ok. Never mind. I didn’t say anything.’

‘Ok, but seriously, I am sorry. I can’t help it…’

‘What cant you help…?’

‘Nothing. Don’t worry. I’m sorry.’

I still couldn’t place the voices, and my head was banging, and I couldn’t really remember how I got to the bed in my hotel room but whatever. I turned over and got comfortable again now the shouting had stopped, and drifted back to sleep pretty quickly.

--------

I woke up again to a persistent touch on my arm. I rolled over to see Alex lying in the bed next to me, with a small smile on his face.

‘Erm... hi?’ I said, still totally nervous around him. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t last night, but that was after numerous amounts of alcohol.

‘Hey yourself,’ he said softly.

I looked down at his fingers stroking my arm, the calming sensation of it pushing away my hangover.

‘So um. You came back to my room eh,’ I said with a nervous laugh, looking back up to his eyes.

‘Yeah, Josh and I brought you back last night; you were pretty out of it,’ he chuckled.

‘Oh God that is horrendously embarrassing. All I remember of last night was up to the club when I was dancing with you, then Josh, then absolutely nothing.’

‘Wanna know what happened?’ He said with a sly grin.

‘Um... okay yeah please,’ I mumbled, a little unsure.

‘Ok so, I don’t remember everything but I danced with Jack-o for a while, then Edward started grinding up on me- is he gay, or was he just WASTED? But anyway, then you were with Josh for most of the night, but then you got too drunk to dance anymore so I offered to bring you back here. Josh offered too so we both took you back, but he went back to the bar when you were settles. But yeah, so then a bit later I came to check on you and erm… yeah…’

The colour drained from my face at that last sentence. He was blushing slightly, and was looking down, playing with the frayed edges of the blanket.

‘And what, Alex?’ I said, all seriousness.

‘Well... you came on to me, but don’t worry we didn’t do anything,’ Oh thank God that was it.

‘Oh… I’m sorry…’ He didn’t have to act so disgusted by it, gah.

‘There’s nothing to be sorry about. If you weren’t drunk I’d have totally gone for it you know.’ What? Did Alex Gaskarth just say that to me? How was this happening?

‘Erm, what?’

‘I wanted to kiss you all night at that club. You were just dancing so sexy, and you’re so nice and funny…’ He trailed off, blushing again.

‘Haha... thank you...’ I said, embarrassed too. I needed to change the conversation. ‘So, where’s everyone else?’

‘Well, Josh was the only other one who came up here to crash so I’m presuming everyone else is just in the other rooms… But at the moment Josh is with Dan. He shouted something about ‘upset’ then left about half an hour ago,’

‘Oh right. Ok. Di you know ANYTHING what he said other than ‘upset’?’ I said, with a little smile.

‘Nah not really. I can’t understand his dumb accent,’

‘Bro, I swear your dad has the exact same accent nearly?’

‘Yeah, but Josh like… mutters.’

‘No he doesn’t! He speaks just as clearly as me,’

‘Yeah, you mutter too,’ Alex grinned with a wink.

‘Pshh whatever.’

His grin slipped to a smile, and we looked into each others eyes, before he slowly leaned in, waiting for me to pull back. No such thing would be happening; not every girl gets a chance to kiss Alex Gaskarth.

He was being too slow, and I was impatient, so I leant forward quickly, smashing our lips together. Slowly, our lips moved together, our bodies readjusting until we were pushed up close to each other. He was a brilliant kisser, but we were broken apart way too early by the bedroom door opening and slamming against the wall.

‘Oh, erm, um, uh… I’ll go,’ stuttered Josh awkwardly.

‘I need to get dressed. There better be food waiting for me, I’m starving,’ I breathed, trying not to make it any awkward than it was. Why was it so awkward to start with?!

‘Ok babe,’ replied Alex, leaning forward to give me a quick peck. I looked down at the blanket, tracing the patterns, and tried not to get upset. I’d wanted to be friends with Josh for so many years- or even just to know him vaguely- and now I’d messed up. I don’t even know what I did! I kissed Alex, and what? Josh would no way be interested in me… or is he? Was Chess right?

I got dressed back into my clothes from yesterday and walked into the kitchen, sitting at the large mahogany table. This room was just so nice it was unbelievable.
You could see the front door from my spot, so I could see everyone walking in. Literally EVERYONE. All of ATL and their crew that came out of us, along with all of the YMA6 lot. Apparently my room was the meeting place… when did I ever agree to that?

Dan came and sat next to me at the table, as Alex took the other side of me and held my hand. Josh sat next to Dan, and Chess next to Alex. Everyone else milled about and did whatever around the big apartment.

It was silent for a minute, and upon looking more closely at Dan he had red-ringed eyes… that’s weird. He also seemed to be sticking wherever Josh was, and not moving his eyes up from staring at the table. Uhh... okay?

‘Siana! I forgot your camera in my room! Come get it with me, I don’t want to go alone,’ Chess said suddenly, realising the awkwardness.

I got up silently, and followed her to her room down the hall. As soon as we were through the door she turned on me, ‘WHAT was that?! And don’t think I didn’t see you and Alex. Like, what? And why was Dan crying? And why did Josh look all weird? WHAT HAVE I MISSED?’ She was practically yelling by the end, getting frustrated.

‘I don’t know, okay?! I woke up today and Alex was there in my bed telling me I tried it on with him last night. And then we kissed, then Josh saw and walked off and I don’t even know why! And Josh was gone this morning, because Dan was upset, but I don’t know why! It’s pissing me off that this is all so confusing.’

‘Woah woah woah there, Missy… Did you just tell me you kissed Alex? Alex as in ALEX GASKARTH OF ALL TIME LOW?! The same Alex we’ve been fangirling over for years?! Oh my. You are so lucky!’

‘Haha yeah... I don’t know what’s going on! But he’s such a good kisser. No joke I was like ahhhhhh,’ I said with a grin.

‘You are just so unbelievably lucky. I want to kiss Alex,’ she said with a pout.

‘Haha tough luck. He’s all mine,’ I grinned wickedly.

‘So not fair. But… what about Josh? I thought you liked him?’

‘I’ve always liked Alex too?’

‘But you’ve ALWAYS said Josh is number one, and I’ve seen how well you get on and I just don’t want you to throw away maybe being able to be with JOSH FRANCESCHI in a PROPER RELATIONSHIP for a thing with a guy who lives in America, who just so happens to be ALEX GASKARTH (you are really, really lucky).’

‘If Josh liked me though, he’d have made a move last night at the club!’

‘Siana, ever thought he might just be shy?’

‘Yeah well… Alex made it clear he likes me so I’m going to give it a go,’

‘Okay... if you’re sure…’ she said in that tone that made me doubt everything.

‘Don’t say it like that ok. You’re making me worried…’

‘I’m sorry but I don’t think it’s a good idea. You know Alex has a rep of being a player too. Or at least you should- you stalk him enough.’

‘Shush you. Just see how it goes ok. And we need to find out what’s up with Dan. He’s been super nice to us and we’re just ignoring his problems.’

‘Yeah, and you need to fix it with Josh,’ she sighed.

‘I will, don’t worry. But oh my, hasn’t it been to long without Maxxie darling?’ I winked, trying to make the conversation less serious.

‘Wanna know a secret?’

‘Erm, no.’

‘Oh. Be like that.’ She said, obviously put out.

‘Okay tell me then,’ I laughed.

‘WE HAD SEX LAST NIGHT!’

‘OH MY GOD AHHHH NO WAY WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME BEFORE WHAT HOW WAS IT TELL ME!’ I screeched back at her.

‘It was so good… I’ll give you the deets over text or something ok. We’ve been gone forever.’

‘Fine, I see how it is,’ I pouted. She was the first out of us two to lose her virginity! I seriously couldn’t believe we’d only been in contact again for a week.

‘No deets for you then…’ She grinned, skipping out the room.

‘Bro, did you even need to get my camera?’

‘No. How stupid do you think I am that I’d forget that?’

‘Ok yeah good point,’ I smiled.

------------

It was midday by now, and we were checking out. Alex kissed me goodbye, and left to get in his tour bus. He was going to be playing Reading in a few weeks, so I’d see him again then. But now for me, was a horrendously awkward car journey with just me and Josh, since Francesca and Dan decided to ride with other people. I think it was her idea of trying to get us to sort out whatever problem we had.

I’d been friends with the guy for a week and we were already fighting? Oh God.
♠ ♠ ♠
OOH.
Who was shouting at the beginning, and what about?
Why was Edward grinding up on Alex?
Why is Dan upset?
Why is Josh so upset with Alex?
Why has Alex taken a sudden liking to Siana?
Is Josh starting to like Siana?
Why is Dan sticking so close to Josh?
How's the car journey going to go?

Some of these will be answered in the next instalment :D
Aren't you excited ;)

Chapter title thanks to MIDNIGHT HIGHWAY-Daphne Loves Derby

Things are starting to get exciting eh. Please comment with ideas on how I can get this better and if you like how the story line is going!