Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

'Cause we know each other all too well but what a contradiction

I spent the rest of the week with Harry. I helped him pack for this promo tour and he helped me box up some of my apartment.

Even though I tried not to, I got anxious every time his phone rang or got a text message. It wasn’t that I didn’t trust him, i just didn’t trust Caroline. I never have.

I was never the jealous girlfriend type. But after I found out that Pete had cheated on me, it was hard not to be a little on edge.

I was explaining this all to Liam as he helped me pack up my room. Harry was off at an interview with Niall, so Liam, being the perfect snowflake he was, offered to come help me.

“I just don’t understand why she’s calling now.” I said throwing things from my closet into a box.

Liam was over on my bed boxing some clothes that I didn’t need at the moment, “I feel like the appropriate answer here would be ‘that bitch,’ but I’m rusty on my girl talk.”

“That would be the right thing to say, but I’m being serious Li-Li!” I whined at him from my sitting position on the closet floor.

“I don’t think you have much to worry about, Sweets.” He shrugged, “You said he hasn’t answered her calls, and he hasn’t mentioned anything to the lads. It’s probably nothing.”

“I know, I just,” I groaned, “I don’t know.”

“You’re worrying over nothing.”

I turned back to my box, “I know your right.”

“Of course I am. Daddy Direction always is!”

I rolled my eyes, “Right, how could I forget.”

“So are you gonna have a house warming party?” Liam asked changing the subject.

I smiled over at him, “You know, that sounds like an awesome idea, we should.”

“But you have to have it after we get back! I’d be personally offended if I weren’t invited.”

I laughed, but an awkward thought creeped into my head. I sat there for a moment trying to decide if I should even bring it up.

“What?” He asked.

I looked up and he was staring at me, trying to read my face, “Well… I was just thinking,” I paused, “Well would you be okay if Dani was there?” He looked down and I immediately regretted bringing it up, “You know what, never mind. Forget I brought it up.”

“No no. It’s fine,” he said looking back at me, sending me a smile that didn’t reach his eyes, “I’ll be fine if she’s there. I have to face her eventually right?”

I sighed and sent him a sympathetic look, “Liam,” He looked back down at the shirt in his lap that he has since stopped folding. I got up and sat next to him on the bed.

“I’m fine,” He tried to assure me. “It’s been a few months.”

“I know,” I grabbed one of his hands, “But that doesn’t mean you can’t still be sad sometimes.” I said gently, “You don’t always have to be the strong one.”

He nodded and flexed his hand in mine, “It’s just when I think about her I realize that I still love her so much.” He glanced up at me, “Does it ever get easier?”

I nodded, “Yeah, eventually.” I reassured, “But first loves are never really over. You’ll always feel something for her.”

“Do you still feel something for Pete?”

I shrugged, “Kind of. I mean, I’m completely over him, and think I love Harry so much more than I ever loved Pete, but I still care about him.” I shrugged again, “Even though he drives me nuts, and sometimes I can’t ever remember why I was with him for so long, I still want him to be happy. Everyone deserves that.”

Liam smiled, “When did you get so wise?”

I stuck my tongue at him, “It’s always been here, just not everyone is worthy of my knowledge.” I joked.

He laughed, “But, anyways, yeah I’ll be fine with her at your party.”

“I know you will, I just wanted to make sure.” I got up to go back to packing my closet.

I heard my front door open, “Love? Where are you?” Harry yelled into the apartment.

“I’m back here babe!” Liam yelled. I shot him an ‘are you kidding?’ look and laughed.

“Liam, baby I’ve missed you!” Harry exclaimed from my door, then ran and tackled Liam against my bed.

I got up to grab the tape gun to tape up the box, “Seriously, it’s like dealing with children,” I shot.
As I walked near the bed, Harry shot up and pulled me on the bed before he jumped on me, “I’m sorry, what was that?”

I squealed, “Harry! Get off!” I then felt even more weight pile on me as Liam jumped on Harry.

“Oh my god, can’t breathe!” I laughed.

Harry put his face in my neck and started to trail kisses up and down in, “Harry.” I warned when he bit down lightly on the spot on my neck that he knows drives me wild.

“Oh, gross. Can you not?” Liam nagged and jumped off of us. I took this opportunity to shove Harry off me as well.

He laughed as he rolled over. He sat up on his elbows and looked around my room, “Wow, you got a lot done.” I only had a few more things left in my room to pack.

“All thanks to me.” Liam shot, “You so owe me dinner.” He pointed his finger at me as he stood before me.

I rolled my eyes, “Fine. Pizza?”

*****

“We should go out tonight.” Niall said finishing off his pizza. I had invited Niall and Louis over for dinner seeing as I would be feeding Liam and Harry anyways. Not that I got to pay though, Harry wouldn’t let me. Which was honestly a pain in the ass, but I let it slide to avoid conflict. Mayra and Zayn were off on their anniversary dinner, and El was having dinner with some of her Uni friends so it was just the 5 of us.

“I totally agree!” Louis chimed in, “We leave the day after tomorrow, let’s party!”

Liam shrugged, “I’m in. It’s always fun watching you all drink.”

Harry rubbed my upper thigh from next to me on the couch, “What do you say?”

Before I could answer Louis butted in, “No, you have no choice, you’re going!”

“Well before you rudely interrupted me, I was going to say it sounded fun.” I glared jokingly, which he returned.

“Good! I’m calling my Love to join. Everyone meet at mine and Harry’s yeah?” He asked.

As the boys started to file out Harry stayed put, “Want me to wait for you?”

I smiled and kissed him shortly, “No it’s fine. Go home and get ready and I’ll be there in an hour or so.”

He left a lingering kiss on my lips before he headed off after the boys.

*****

The club was packed. On the dance floor you were body against body. Harry and the boys had danced with El and I for a while, before abandoning us to drink and jump on tables in the VIP lounge. Well Lou was the only one on a table.

I had abandoned my heels countless songs ago, leaving me in just my tight, red dress, which ended mid thigh, but kept creeping up as El and I danced.

The more I drank, the more I could easily ignore the glares and snide comments from some of the female patrons around us. El and I could only take so much of “Harry and Louis deserve so much better,” and “what slags,” before couldn’t stand being sober anymore.

“Let’s go get another drink,” Eleanor yelled near my ear over the pulsing dance music. I just nodded in response and she dragged me over to the bar, where we had visited quite a few times at this point.

We were standing at the end of the bar trying to flag down a bartender when I saw her. I wasn’t sure it was her at first until she caught my eye and smirked over at me.

“El,” I said trying to get her attention while she vigorously fought for a bartender’s attention, “Is that Caroline Flak?”

Eleanor looked in the direction I had pointed too, but Caroline had turned around and was already walking ways from us, “I don’t know, I can’t tell.”

“She smirked at me.”

El gave me a confused glance, “Are you sure it was her?” She asked as she finally flagged down the bartender, ordering our drinks.

“Yes,” I answered once she was done, “We made eye contact, then she gave me an evil grin.”

She looked over her shoulder in the direction Caroline had gone, “Well, there isn’t much we can do.” She handed me my drink, “Come, let’s go back to the booth.”

When we arrived at the table, only Liam and Niall were there. Niall with an almost empty pint glass in front of him.

“Where’s double trouble?” El asked, referring to our lovely boyfriends.

Niall shrugged, “Grimmy showed up, and they all took off for more drinks. Probably causing a ruckus on the dance floor I’d guess.”

“You okay, Love?” Liam asked noticing my uneasy edge.

I just nodded, “She saw Caroline,” El answered for me. I shot her a look and she just shrugged.

“Caroline?” Niall asked confused, “As in Flak?”

“That’s the one.” I commented.

“Do we not like her?” He asked Liam.

“No, we don’t! Keep up Niller.” Eleanor giggled as more alcohol hit her.

“She’s been calling Harry or something.” Liam explained.

Niall looked shocked, “She has? Why?”

Everyone at the table shrugged.

“Right, well,” Niall polished off his beer, “I’m gonna go get another round.”

“I’ll come with, I kinda want one myself.” Liam said and followed Niall to the bar.

EL and I sipped on our drinks, making small talk while we both scanned the crowd trying to pick out anyone we knew.

“I think I see Haz,” Eleanor mentioned gesturing to one side of the club.

I moved my head to the side a bit and sure enough, I saw his curly head on the other side of the room. He was laughing at something Grimmy was saying.

I saw a female hand reach out and touch his arm, interrupting them, but I couldn’t see who, but my subconscious already knew.

A few people moved out of the way and of course, there was Caroline.

“Um,” El mumbled, “Yeah I’d say Caroline is here.”

I rolled my eyes at her, “Wow, so helpful.” I turned back to the scene in front of me. Harry looked visibly uncomfortable, but had a smile on his face none the less.

“Are you going to go over there?”

“And play overly protective girlfriend? No thanks.” I finished off my drink, “I’m supposed to trust him remember.”

“Well yeah but, you’re allowed to claim your property.”

I barked out a laugh, “Property? Really Eleanor?” She shrugged.

We watched Louis walk over to the group then, and physically put himself in-between Harry and Caroline, “That’s my boy.” El commented.

Caroline stayed for a minute or two longer before the boys started heading in our direction, then she was gone. El and I both turned our gaze so we didn’t look like complete stalkers.

When they arrived at the table, Harry scooted in next to me, “Having fun?” he said against my ear.

I plastered on a smile, “Yeah.”

He studied my face for a moment. If he saw any indication that I wasn’t telling the truth, he ignored it and focused on whatever Louis was saying on the other side of Eleanor.

I halfheartedly join in the conversation before I excused myself to use the toilet, “I’m coming too!” El said jumping up to follow me.

The ladies room was somewhat crowded, with girls just standing around or fixing their makeup. Eleanor and I went into our respective stalls and did our business.

When I exited mine, El was still in hers. I politely waited for a sink to clear up, and I could feel many pairs of eyes on me. I ignored them like usual.

I was finally granted access to a sink and was mid washing my hands when someone spoke up, “Hey.” I looked through the mirror to a girl a few feet behind me. She was probably a year or two older than me, and wearing the skimpiest dress I have ever seen. When she didn’t say anything more, I went back to my task at the sink.

“You don’t deserve Harry.” She shot. I paused for a moment, but didn’t bother looking up. “Pity really. You’re not much his type, yeah?” Her and her friends started giggly and I grabbed for some paper towels. “Slag.”

Right then Eleanor slammed out of her stall, and when I say slammed, I mean it. She hurled the stall door against the wall, causing the whole room to go silent.

She marched right over to me and grabbed my arm and pulled me from the room, “Don’t listen to them.” She said once we were in the hallway leading back to the club.

I shrugged, “I need to get out of here.”

When we got back to the others Harry instantly stood up came to my side noticing I was upset, “Are you alright?” He put a protective arm around my waist.

“Can we go?” I asked.

“Course.” He turned to everyone else and told them we were leaving.

I hugged everyone goodbye and when I got to El she squeezed me tight, “Don’t let them get to you.” I just nodded against her shoulder, “Call me tomorrow, yeah?”

Our cab ride was silent. Harry kept sending me worried looks, and when I got tired of seeing them I rested my head on his shoulder.

It wasn’t until we were back in my apartment, in my room, when he finally asked, “What happened?” I ignored him and focused on stripping down and changing into my pj’s.

When I was finally changed, I turned to him. He was stripped down to just his jeans, “What’s wrong?” he pressed again.

I didn’t say anything, instead I closed the space between us and forcefully pulled his lips to mine. My kiss was urgent, and needy and probably a little desperate.

He kissed me back for a moment before pulling away, “What’s this about?” he looked deep into my eyes.

“I saw Caroline.” His eyes went wide for a moment, “And then I saw her with you. And there were these awful girls when El and I went to the toilet-“

“What they say?” His eyes were hard.

I shrugged, “Nothing I hadn’t heard before.”

He grasped my face in his hands, “Whatever bullshit they said isn’t true. You know that. Don’t let them get to you.” He kissed my lips quickly, “And Caroline was just saying hi, that’s it. She was mostly talking to Grimmy.”

I rolled my eyes, “She smirked at me at the bar.”

He let go of my face and pulled me into him, resting his chin on my head, “Are you sure it wasn’t a smile?”

“Positive.”

He hummed in response, “Well you don’t have to worry about her. I’ve told you.”

“I know, I’m sorry. I don’t want to be that girl. I trust you, I just… don’t like her.”

“It’s okay.”

I kissed his chest, “I love you.”

“I love you too.” He ran his hands down my back, “Come, let’s go to sleep.”

I pulled away and looked up at him. He gave me a warm smile that showed his dimples. Even though I was tired, the last thing I wanted to do right now was sleep.

My eyes trailed down his chest. Lust pooled in my abdomen. I bit my lip and looked back up at him through my lashes. I trailed my hands down and started to undo his belt. When I got it undone, I pulled it from the loops and dropped it.

I then popped the button and pulled his fly down. When his jeans were open I slipped my hand in against him.

His eyes widened for a second time that night, but for a different reason, ”Oh!”

I giggled softly and he pulled my face to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
i was going to wait until later to post this, but tumblr's down and i was bored so i decided to just post it.

you may get another chapter, i haven't decided yet!

as always, thank you for all your comments! i love your opinions and thoughts on every chapter. it's my favorite part of writing lol