Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

What do you say when tears are streaming down your face in front of everyone you know?

Over the next month things were amazing. Well, except saying goodbye to mom and Finn when the dreaded day came when they moved across the pond. Harry took me on dates, little fun ones like to the beach or out to a small diner. They were amazing, and just so us. We also didn’t fight about Caroline anymore. She was around here and there, but I tried to ignore how much it bothered me.

Mayra and I were completely unpacked in our new apartment, and work was going amazingly. Pete has stop being irritating and now was even pleasant to be around.

“So this will all be ours someday?” Pete asked one night while we were unpacking the new books in the back after closing.

I nodded, “That’s the plan.”

He smiled over at me, “I’m really happy for you Em. Honestly, no hidden motive behind that statement.”

“Thank you,” I said returning his smile then went back to opening another box.

He chucked softly, “You know I still have One Direction fans that stalk my every move?”

“Yeah, they’re relentless,” I laughed, “But they mean well. Most of them just are too young to understand that they shouldn’t say certain things.”

“Does it ever bug you?”

I grabbed the books he was handing me to put on a shelf, “All the time. It’s why I tend to just stay off the internet.” He just laughed. We were quietly working for a moment, “So what about you? Are you happy Pete?”

“I don’t know. I’m getting there if anything.” He shrugged, “I’ve still got a lot of growing up to do in some areas though.”

“Don’t we all.”

“I’ve started seeing this girl,” He paused, “Wait, is we okay to talk about this stuff?”

I chuckled, “At this point, I’d say yes. So what’s she like?”

“She’s amazing,” he said all breathy, “I’ve never felt like this before… no offence.”

I rolled my eyes at him, but smiled, “It’s okay, I understand completely.”

“You really love Harry don’t you?”

“Yeah.” I said with no hesitation.

He nodded, “I’m glad. You deserve to be with someone who deserves your love.”

I shrugged, “I don’t know if I deserve him most days.”

“Are you mental?” He sent me an offended face, “You’re an amazing person. You deserve the very best. You shouldn’t think anything less.” I just shrugged and didn’t meet his eyes. He sighed, “If I’m the cause for the reason you feel like that I’m so sorry. You’ll never know how sorry I am for that. I was stupid, and you didn’t deserve to be treated like that.”

I shrugged again, “I’m trying not to feel like that. It’s a work in progress. And I’m over what happened with us for the most part. I’m just paranoid now and stuff.” I played with the corner of a box.

“Harry wouldn’t ever hurt you like I did, Emma.” He cleared his throat, “Did you know he came to see me after we broke up?”

“He did?” I asked shocked.

“Yep,” He sighed, “Hit me the hardest I’ve ever been punched. Told me I didn’t deserve to even look at you. He was right though.” He started to break down an empty box, “I wasn’t surprised when you started dating, I knew he was in love with you from the moment I met him.”

“Wow.” Was all I could say.

“You’re lucky, I’d kill for a girl to look at me like he looks at you.”

“Well what about this new girl you’re seeing,” I said trying to turn the conversation back to him, it was a lot to take in, “You think there could be a future there?”

He shrugged, “I want there to be. I haven’t known her that long, but being with her… it’s I don’t know, feels perfect.”

I smiled, “Well treat her right, and she may stick around. You were an amazing boyfriend aside from the cheating.” He winced when I said that.

“I don’t know about that… but thanks for saying it. Means a lot coming from you.”

“I know,” I sent him a cheeky smile, “Now let’s finish this up and get out of there!”
*****
When I finally got home it was close to 11. I walked into the apartment and saw everyone there but El and Louis. I had forgotten it was our turn to have the group dinner.

“We saved you pizza!” Mayra told me happily from cuddling against Zayn.

I smiled at everyone, “Awesome thanks. What’s goin on?” I asked. I sat on the arm of the couch by Harry, but he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap. He kissed the back on my neck a few times.

“Nothin, we were just waiting for you to get home before we left so we could see you,” Liam said.
“I’m sorry I missed dinner, we had to sort shipment tonight.”

“’S’alright, more food for me,” Niall chirped. I nudged him with my foot, laughing.

Harry’s grip tightened around my and he buried his face in the side of my neck. I rubbed his hands on my waits affectionately.

Liam cleared his throat, “As much as I love playing 3rd wheel, or 5th wheel, whatever, I think we should leave Niall,” He said standing up.

Niall followed suit and turned to us left on the couch, “We’ll see you tomorrow night though, yeah?”

“What’s tomorrow?” I asked confused.

“Grummy’s party, remember?” Harry mumbled against my skin.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot Grimmy was having a house warming party at his new place, “Oh right, I forgot.”

“Alright, well we’ll see you kids later,” Niall said and he and Liam were on their way.

“So how’s work going Emma?” Zayn asked as he adjusted himself more comfortable on the couch as Mayra leaned against his chest.

I shrugged, “It’s alright. I hate shipment nights, long hours kill me. I don’t know how I’ll handle them when I start school.”

“So don’t miss having a real job,” Zayn said cheekily, causing us all to laugh.

“You boys have it so easy,” Mayra commented.

Harry scoffed, “Yeah right. You try living out of a suitcase for months on end and never seeing your family.”

“Point. You win.” She laughed.

I chuckled as I went to get up, “Hey where you going?” Harry tightened his grip on me.

“To get some pizza.” He reluctantly let me go.

“We’re off to bed,” Mayra announced as I walked off to the kitchen.

As I was warming up some pizza in the microwave Harry jumped up on the counter next to me. I smiled up at him, “Hey handsome.”

He rolled his eyes and smiled, “Come here,” He grabbed my wrist and pulled me between his legs and then he kissed me, wasting no time grazing my bottom lip with his tongue asking for entrance. I complied, but shortly after the microwave went off and I pulled away. He pouted but let me out of his grasp.

“So I had an interesting conversation with Pete tonight,” I said taking a bite of pizza.

He rolled his eyes, looking away, “Oh yeah?” He sighed.

I chose to ignore his tone, “He told me you went to see him after we broke up.”

He met my eyes then, “He did?”

“Yep,” I said between bites, “Said you punched him the hardest he’s ever been punched.”

The smirk was evident on his lips, “Course I did. He’s a tosser.”

I rolled my eyes but smiled, “Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Because I knew you’d yell at me for it. But he deserved it.”

I chuckled, “Yeah, I probably would have yelled at you. But thank you.” I leaned over and kissed him sweetly.

“You taste like pizza.”

“Wonder why?” I laughed.
*****
The next night Eleanor came over to get ready for the party with me and Mayra. I wore a maroon lace dress that hit mid thigh and black wedge heels. Mayra wore a black and maroon dress that I would kill to borrow. El went with a more casual root with a dress with a black sheer skirt, blue middle and a tan top. Grimmy’s parties were always a little more dressy than most.

When we were all ready we headed off to the boy’s building so we could all drive together.

“You look stunning,” Harry said when he pulled me into him when I got there. He was wearing tight black pants, white v-neck and a black suit jacket with his necklaces handing out.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” I kissed his lips lightly.

“Alright, let’s go! I’m ready to get sloshed!” Niall sang.

We all meandered down to the cars; Louis, Mayra, Zayn and I took Harry’s Range Rover while Louis, El, Niall and Liam took Louis car.

When we pulled up to Grimmy’s street there were already cars everywhere. “Wow who didn’t Nick invite?” Mayra said from the backseat.

“That’s Grimmy for ya,” Zayn commented.

It took us like 10 minutes to find a place to park, and we waited about 5 more for Louis’ and the others to finally join us before we headed into Grimmy’s new house.

As soon as we entered there were cheers from random friends of the boys, and people us girls knew as well. There were so many people there is was unreal.

Andy and Josh came over and said hello, then of course Grimmy showed up, “My favorite boy band made it! And you brought my favorite girls with you as well. He pulled Mayra into a hug first then El, then me. He man hugged the rest of the guys, “You guys need drinks. I say shots for my boys.”

“Yes!” Niall and Zayn exclaimed.

“Lima you’re having at least one,” Grimmy commented, “Fallow me, I’ve got a full bar! It’s what sold me on the house.” He laughed.

Harry laced his fingers with mine as we followed the group.

Nick wasn’t joking. He had a pretty impressive bar, with a bartender included for the party, “Ladies, I encourage you to take shots as well, but if not, I have pretty much everything you could want.”

“I think I’ll stick with something not so strong,” Eleanor commented. Mayra and I were on the same page as her and we all got beers.

As the party went into full swing, we separated us from the boys, mingling with the other people there we knew, but the three of us pretty much stuck together.

While we were cruising around the house we spotted Caroline. When she saw me she smirked at me like the time before at the club.

“Okay, this time I so saw that!” El commented.

“Told you!”

“Let’s just avoid her,” Mayra suggested and we turned and headed in the opposite direction.

“I wish Dani was here,” Mayra commented as we sat in the enormous backyard by the pool. The boys were off mingling with other people throughout the house still. We had ran into them for a moment before we headed out back.

El and I nodded, “I know what you mean,” she said, “It’s so weird doing One Direction related things without her.”

“And she’s always so busy with dancing all over the world now, we never get any time with her.” I said.

“Ladies!” Someone yelled interrupting us. I turned to see Ed Sheeran and Tulisa headed out way.

“Tulisa!” Mayra sang jumping up to hug the girl.

“Hey, I’m here too!” Ed exclaimed.

I laughed and stood up to hug him, “Hello Eddie. How’s my favorite ginger?”

“Amazing.” He commented, then greeted the other girls.

“Hey love,” Tulisa greeted and pulled me into a hug, “I haven’t seen you guys in a long time.” We all sat down again, Ed sitting at the end of my lawn chair, Tulisa on Eleanor’s.

“Too long if you ask me,” Said El, “How’s X-Factor?”

“It’s good, we’re almost to the end though. We’ll have to have a get together, girls day or something when I’m free.”

”Totally! I’m so in!” Ed joked, causing us to laugh, “So where are the lads?”

I shrugged, “Around here somewhere, they were by the bar last I saw.” I shrugged.

“You’re a peach,” He said and placed a dramatic kiss on my cheek, “See you later ladies.” And he took off towards the house.

“That guy is so odd.” Mayra laughed.

We sat around for a while catching up with Tulisa, and a few other girls that we knew for an hour or so before I excused myself to the bathroom and possibly find my boyfriend.

The place was seriously packed, it wasn’t body against body, but close. As I was trying to find anyone I knew, I finally spotted Niall, “How’s it going?” I asked.

“Emma!” He said loudly at me, pulling me into a hug. He had clearly consumed a lot of alcohol, “Where have you been?”

“Outside with the girls, where’s everyone else?”

He shrugged, “Around. Last I saw Harry he was looking for a bathroom. About 5 minutes ago.”

“Awesome, that’s where I was headed too. Do you know where it is?”

“Um, I think it’s down the hallway by the stairs.”

I kissed his cheek, “Thanks, I’ll see you in a bit.” Is potted the stairs and headed for them.

But I was so not prepared for what I saw when I got to the opening of the hall way. At the other end of the hall, pressed up against the wall was Harry. With Caroline Flak all over him in a lip lock.

I only stood there for a few second but it felt like hours.

I immediately spun around and headed for a way out of this house. I needed to get as far away from that mess as soon as possible. As what I just saw started to sink in I could almost hear my heart shattering.

I was breathing heavily, trying to not completely break down, praying to any god that would listen to not let my tears fall until I was out of there.

On my speedy haste for the door I ran right into Ed, “Whoa! Slow down, yeah?” Then he saw my face, “Jesus, are you alright?”

“Can you give me a ride home?” A small sob escaped my lips.

He looked alarmed, “Yeah. Do you want to me find Harry?” He looked over my shoulder trying to spot him.
“No!” I jumped, “No I don’t, I just need to get out of here. Now.”

“O-okay.” He stammered.

As soon as he said that I took off again, and he trailed behind me trying to keep up. When I finally reached the door and got outside, I welcomed the cool air that hit my face. I paused, waiting for Ed to lead me the way to his car.

“It’s down the street a bit.” I gestured, and I again took off in the direction he pointed.

“Will you slow down?” He ran to catch up, “What’s happened?” I just shook my head and ignored him.

When we finally made it too his car he opened the door for me, then ran to the driver’s side.

The air in the car on the ride home was thick. I let a few tears fall, and Ed shot me worried glances every few minutes.

When he pulled up to my building I jumped to open the door, but he caught my arm, “Wait! I can’t just leave you here when you’re like this. What’s going on?”

I sighed in defeat and a few more tears fell, “Harry and Caroline were making out.” I whispered.

He let go of my arm, shocked, “What? Are you sure-“

“I saw it!” I snapped. “Look, thanks for the ride, but I just-I need to go.” And then I jumped out of his car before he could say anything else.

I finally let out an actual sob when I made it to the safety of my own apartment. I ran to my bathroom and turned the shower on to as hot as it would go. I stripped off my dress and jumped under the water. The water burned my skin, but it was nothing compared to the hurt I was feeling on the inside.

The one boy I thought I could trust to not hurt me like that had just surprised the hell out of me. After he constantly told me he wouldn’t do what Pete did. After everyone told me he wouldn’t hurt me like Pete did, he did. He proved everyone wring including myself.

I had let my guard down, and let myself love again and it’s just ruined like before. What, do I have ‘cheat on me’ tattooed to my back or something?

I don’t know how long I stayed in the shower crying, but it was long enough for the hot water to run cold.

When I was leaving the bathroom, Harry raced through the apartment door followed by a very worried Mayra and Zayn.

“You need to leave,” I said as I rushed into my room and locking the door.

Within seconds Harry was banging on my door trying to get it open, “Emma open the door!”

“I told you to leave!” I yelled as I dropped my towel and slipped shorts and a tank top on.

“I’m not leaving! I don’t know what you think you saw but I can explain!” He banged.

I threw my door open, “Not ‘think’ Harry, saw!” I yelled at him. He rushed in and tried to grab my arm but I jerked him away, “Don’t,” I warned, “You don’t get to touch me anymore.”

“She kissed me!” He rushed, “As soon as it happened I pushed her off of me!”

“I warned you about her Harry! I told you she was being a conniving slag but you wouldn’t listen! You just fought with me and made me feel like shit.” I shoved him away for me when he tried to step closer, “And then you kiss-“

”She kissed me! He cut me off.

“And you let is escalate this far! You did, and I’m done.” I shouted.

He looked stunned, “What?” He tried to step closer to me again but I backed up, “What do you mean by ‘done’? We can talk this out!” He pleaded.

“But we can’t. This was a terrible idea from the start, and now I don’t just lose a boyfriend, I lose my best friend as well!”

He shook his head, “Since the start?” He asked confused for a moment, but then panicked, “No. No, you don’t just get to decide this!”

“I already did. We’re done!”

Now he looked mad, “It’s like you’ve been looking for a way out since this started!” He yelled, “Don’t push me away like this!” He pleaded, lowering his voice a bit.

“If that’s what you want to think then fine. But it’s doesn’t change anything, I’m done. We’re done, and you should leave.”

“No.” He shot.

“Leave Harry!” I yelled. Tears were threatening to fall again. I could see them in his eyes too, and it just made this harder, but I couldn’t keep doing this to myself. To him.

“I’m not-“

“Haz I think you need to leave,” Mayra said in my door way, Zayn right behind her, “Take Zayn with you.” She had a soft tone the whole time.

Harry sighed in defeat and stared at me looking beaten down, “I love you.” I looked away when he said it. Hearing him say that felt like he had ripped my heart out all over again.

When he figured out I wasn’t going to say anything he slowly backed away from me and walked out of my bedroom, Zayn following him out.

As soon as I hear the front door close, I broke down again. I fell against my bed and cried into my hands. Mayra was at my side in an instant and pulled me into her and just let me cry.

That’s where we stayed for the rest of the night. She never asked me to explain anything, and she never left my side. She just let me cry it out.
♠ ♠ ♠
....Don't hate me.

Emma's dress; http://i46.tinypic.com/ncghlw.png
Mayra's dress; http://i46.tinypic.com/2dl8wna.png
Eleanor's dress; http://i48.tinypic.com/bfqko0.png

i usually don't show what they're wearing, but this time i wanted too.