Sequel: I'm All Yours
Status: Check out the sequel

My Little Earthquake

Loaded words and loaded friends are loaded guns to our heads

I climbed the stairs headed for Gemma’s apartment. It’s been a few months since I’ve gotten to see her in person since both of us have been crazy busy with work and school for her.

As soon as I knocked, her door flew open, “Little Emmy!” she sang calling me the nickname she gave me as a child.

“Hey Gem,” she pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

“Come in!” She motioned once we pulled away, “My roommate’s gone for the day so it’s just us.” I followed her into the dorms little living room area and sat down on the couch after her, “I’ve missed you kid.”

“I’ve missed you too,” I smiled at her, “life’s been crazy with work and stuff.”

“And being my brother’s bird,” She smirked.

I blushed, “Uh, yeah” I stammered, “That too.”

“I always knew you two would date. That, or just hook up.”

“Emma!” I laughed.

She smiled, “What? It’s true! You guys have been practically inseparable since we all met.”

I rolled my eyes, “With that logic I could say the same about you and my brother.”

Gema shrugged, “Who’s to say we never tried it?”

“Ew! What?!” I whined, “Please tell me you haven’t seen my brother naked!”

“Fine, I won’t tell you.” She laughed.

I pulled a face, “Oh my god! You’ve hooked up with my brother?! When?”

“A few times in college, few times at Uni last year before he graduated.” She said nonchalantly like it was no big deal. I sent her a jokingly disgusted look, “Oh what? You and Harry can do it but Matty and I can’t?”

“Oh my god, stop!” I begged, “Gemma, you’re going to scar me for life!”

“Little Emma, you’re almost 19 years old, aren’t we old enough to discuss this yet?”

“Yes, but not when it’s about our brothers!” I rushed.

She crossed her legs and sat back, “Okay, okay fine. We won’t discuss it. How’s life?”

I leaned back, “It’s alright. I’m working a lot, trying to keep up on bills and all that.”

“You should get a roommate. It’d take the load off a bit.”

I shrugged, “Yeah probably. I’ve also been thinking of applying to Uni.”

“You really should!” She said excitedly, “You’d love it! It’s why I’ve been telling you to go since you finished you’re A-Levels.”

“Yeah, I just have to see what kind of financial aid I can get.”

She smiled, “Well luckily you have someone like me in your life to help you with that!”

“It’s why I love you Gem.”

“So… Harry told me Pete’s working with you.” She said casually.

I rolled my eyes, “Oh course he did. Is he really that bothered by it?”

“Can you blame him?” She asked, “He’s your boyfriend. And before that he was your over protective best friend. You can understand why he hates the guy.”

“Yeah, I guess.” I sighed, “I wish he’d just let it go. I have, or at least I’m trying. He has nothing to worry about.”

She gave me a knowing look, “Yeah but its Harry, he’s very passionate and he holds grudges.”

“Yeah, it’s very annoying.” I shot.

“Tell me about it. So how’s your mom?” She switched gears.

“She’s alright I guess. I talked to her yesterday and she said she’s been thinking about moving back to America.” Mom moved her, me and my brother to the UK when I was 5, where we moved in next door to the Styles’. My mom’s family is from here, but they moved to America when she was a teenager. But after she had us, and after my dad left, she thought Homes Chapel would be a nice change.

Gemma sat up shocked, “What? Mama Rose is leaving the country?!”

I nodded, “She’s thinking about it. You know with me and Matt out of the house she’s thinking of going back. My aunts and uncles are still there, and I think Finn wants to move there too.” Finn was my step dad. He and my mom got married about a year ago, but he’s been in our lives for many years now.

“Aww, but I’m going to miss her.” Gem pouted.

You’re gonna miss her? I’m going to be so home sick for my mommy!”

She threw her arm around me, “Yeah, but you still have my mom as backup.”

“That’s true. And Matt is only an hour away.”

“Why don’t you move in with him?”

I barked out a laugh, “Yeah right! Move in with my over protective brother? He’d never let Harry in the house!” We both laughed at that, “And I’d have to move an hour away, and forgive me for sounding like a pathetic girl here, but I already have limited time with Hazza, I don’t want to cut it down more because I move an hour away.”

Gemma gave me a warm smile, “You really love him don’t you.” She stated.

“I think I do.” I bit my lip embarrassed, “I thought I knew what love was, you know, before it went to shit with Pete, but with Harry… I don’t know, I can’t explain it.”

She nodded, “I know what you mean. Love can’t be described, only felt.”

“When are you going to find someone Gem?” I leaned my head on the back of the couch.

“No idea. There have been guys, but I don’t think I’ve found my match yet. I was thinking of traveling a bit once I graduate.” She shrugged, “Maybe I’ll find someone then?”

“So my brother was a lost cause?” I joked.

She stuck her tongue out at me, “Your brother’s amazing, but I think we aren’t in the cards babes. Besides, you and my brother can connect our families.” She shot me a cheeky smile.

“Oh Jesus!” I threw my head into my hands trying to hide my embarrassment.

*****

I spent the rest of the morning and good portion of the afternoon with Gemma before she had to go to a late class and I had to meet Liam for a late lunch/early dinner.

When I walked into the little dinner I found Liam at a table in the back, and was surprised to see Zayn there as well.

“You will not believe this!” I said as I sat down next to Liam, “Hi Zayn,” I shot across the table, “So Gemma and my brother have been hooking up!”

Liam pulled a face and Zayn laughed, “Keeping it in the family are we?”

I stuck my tongue at the tattooed lad in front of me, “Shut up!”

“So like, if they got married would that make you and harry like… siblings or something?” Liam added.

Zayn nodded, “Yeah like, that’s like some American, Jerry Springer shit!” they both laughed at that.

“Ew! Can we not!” I waved them off, “Besides, they aren’t getting married. They just hooked up for a while.”

“Riiiiiight,” Zayn dragged out smirking at Liam.

“I hate you both!” I said dramatically picking up my menu, “So how are you lads?” I asked not looking up.

“Good. It’s good to see you without Harry attached to your hip,” Zayn teased. I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

“Yeah he wanted to come but we had to practically lock him up!” Liam chucked, “Still some getting used to, you two together.”

“Preaching to the choir babe,” I nudged his shoulder.

We made conversation about what’s going on in our lives. I found out the boys are going on a 2 week radio promo tour soon. I was a little irritated that Harry hadn’t mentioned it, but I let it roll off my shoulders.

The waitress came by and took our order. I noticed her shocked face when she realized who was at her table and tried not to laugh.

“So, there’s a reason I tagged along on this dinner,” Zayn said once the waitress left.

I gave him an intrigued look, “Yes?” I dragged out.

“Well,” He fidgeted in his seat, “Well, so you know my 3 anniversary with Mayra is coming up,” He ran a hand through his hair, looking around the restaurant.

I shot Liam a confused look before I turned back to the nervous wreck in front of me, “Zayn, why are you so nervous? Did you find out she’s pregnant or something?” I joked, Liam laughed.

“What?” Zayn panicked, “No! Wait, are you trying to tell me she is? Should I be worried?” He was really freaking out now.

“No! I was joking!” I held up my hands in surrender.

He relaxed a bit, “That was not cool!”

“No it was hilarious,” Liam replied happily.

“Anyways,” he sent us both a warning look, “As I was saying, so our anniversary is coming up and I was thinking about getting her a ring.”

I almost choked on my water, “You’re proposing?” I hissed, trying to keep my voice and my excitement down.

“Not exactly, I was thinking of it as more of a promise ring.” He shrugged.

I looked over at Liam to make sure his friend was being serious. He nodded giving me a smile.

I turned back to Zayn, “Well Malik, if you’re asking for my permission, I say go for it.”

He smiled, “Thanks, but that’s not exactly what I was asking.” He shifted in his chair again, “I’ve been looking online and I found four different ones that I really like at this shop in the village, and I was wondering if you’d help me choose which one to get.”

“Aw Zayn!” I gushed, “I’m touched you would choose me to help you!” I turned to Liam sticking my tongue at him, “Jealous Payne?” I joked.

He rolled his eyes at me, “Only you would turn this into bragging rights.” He pulled me into a side hug.

“You know it!”

“So,” Zayn went on, “I need you to go down to the shop and look at them all. I put them on hold in your name.”

“You’re not going with me?” I asked confused.

“Are you kidding? If the paparazzi got wind of this the secret would be blown, and blown way out of proportion.”

“Okay, you have a point, but what makes you think they wouldn’t jump to conclusion about me and Harry?”

“Oh come on, take one for the team.” Liam mused.

“Please?” Zayn pleaded giving me a puppy dog look.

“No! Don’t give me that look Malik!” I warned.

“Pleeeeease Emma!” He stuck his bottom lip out.

I covered my eyes, “Not the bottom lip! You know I can’t say no to your face!”

“Then don’t!” I could hear the smile in his voice.

I dropped my hands and glared at him, “Fine. But you so own me!”

“Yes!” He jumped up and pulled me out of the booth into a hug, “This means so much to me Em, thank you!”

“No problem. I’m happy for you guys. I love you both.” I mumbled into his chest.

I felt another body hug around me from behind.

I turned my head and was face to face with Liam, “What? I felt left out!” I laughed and moved one of my arms to wrap around his.

We sat back down and our food arrived shortly after.

*****

I was sitting on my couch later that night surfing around online when Harry walked in, “Hey.” He greeted.

“Hi,” I responded when he sat down. I turned and gave him a lingering kiss before turning back to what I was doing.

“How was your day?” He leaned back into the couch so he was kind of behind me while I leaned over my laptop. He absentmindedly rubbed his hand up and down my back, sending chills all over my body
.
“It was good, Gemma says hi.”

“So her and Matty huh?” He asked responding to a text I had sent him earlier.

“Apparently,” I shrugged, “And Zayn is getting Mayra a promise ring.”

His hand froze for a minute, “Really? Wow, go Zayn!” He laughed, causing me to smile. We sat in silence for a little bit before he sat up, “So what are you doing?” he said looking over my shoulder.

I shrugged, “I don’t know, I was thinking of making an ad for a roommate.”

“Since when do you need a roommate?”

“I need help paying some bills.” I commented offhandedly.

He was silent for a moment, “You know, if you need money I can-“

“No,” I cut him off, “I don’t want your money.”

“Well you’re mental if you think I’m going to let you invite some stranger in to live with you.” I didn’t like the tone in his voice.

“Well it’s going to happen so get over it.”

He reached around me and slammed my laptop closed, “No it isn’t. It’s not safe and I don’t like it.”

I turned to glare at him, “Well I don’t remember asking your opinion.”

“Too bad.”

I stood up to put my laptop on the kitchen table, “You know if we were still just friends you won’t be acting like this.”

He stood up as well, “Well we aren’t just friends, and yes I would! Finding a roommate is dangerous even if people didn’t already know who you are.”

“I don’treally have a choice Harry.” I said trying to keep my voice at a normal octave.

“Yes you do! You’re being ridiculous!” He yelled throwing his hands up, “Just let me help you!”

“I don’t need your charity!” I yelled back, “I’m not the kind of girl that needs her boyfriend to save her, and I don’t need your money! I’ve never taken advantage of you like that, and I’m not going to start now. Do you know how it makes me look?”

He rolled his eyes, “Yeah, it looks like someone who won’t take help when they need it.”

“I don’t need it, I’m handling it!”

“No you’re not! You’re over working yourself at some dead end job with your tosser ex boyfriend that hardly pays you enough to get by! You have no future if you stay there!”

That hurt, “Fuck you Harry!”

“Yeah? Fuck you too!” He glared then stormed out of my apartment.

I stood there, by the dining table for a little while after that, just seething with angry tears threatening to fall. I whipped them away before they had a chance to wet my face.

I threw myself on the couch once I had calmed down a bit. I had no idea where that fight came from, or why we let it escalate to that. As I thought over the whole fight and how we left it, I started to feel guilty. He was in the wrong though too. He didn’t need to be so negative about it.

I laid back on the couch as tears started to fall against my wishes. The more they came, the more frustrated I was at myself for crying, which resulted in more tears. It was a never ending circle.

After a while the tears finally stopped, but they were replaced by an aching in my chest for Harry. I missed him and I wanted him near me even if I was still mad.

I laid there a while before sighing in frustration and getting off the couch. I went to the bathroom and washed my face of the dried tears. My eyes were still red and puffy which irritated me.

I grabbed my keys and headed to my car.

When I pulled up to the apartment building, his car was there so I knew he was home.

I knocked on his door but there was no answer. I pulled my keys out and let myself in. The apartment was quiet. Too quiet so obviously Louis was either asleep or not home.

I wasted no time going to Harry’s room. I opened the door and he was laying in the dark, only light coming from the moonlight thorough his window, staring up at the ceiling. He looked over at me for a moment before turning back.

I sighed and dropped my keys on his dresser and took my shoes off.

I hesitantly crawled over too him and laid my head on his shoulder. He didn’t react at first, but then slowly he turned to me and pulled me closer into him.

He rested his forehead on mine and we just stared at each other a moment before I leaned up and kissed him. When he didn’t respond I pulled my lips from me. He groaned in frustration before he crashed his lips to mine, kissing me hard. He shoved his tongue into my mouth taking dominance over mine. I balled my fists in his shirt as he pulled me closer.

When I finally couldn’t take it, I detached my mouth from his trying to catch my breath.

“I’m still mad at you.” He mumbled against my lips.

I bit his bottom lip, causing him to growl, “I’m still mad at you too.”

I rolled us over so I was on top. I ran my tongue down his jaw line, then bit down on his neck. He hissed and trusted up into me. I started kissing down his chest, unbuttoning his shirt as I went.

When I got to the last button I sat up and pulled him with me so I could take it all the way off. He then ripped my shirt and bra off, not bothering to take his time.

He then forcefully flipped us over and grabbed both my writs with one of his hands and held them above my head as he assaulted my neck. He bit down pretty hard and I knew there would be a mark just like the one I left on him.

“So mad at you.” He mumbled.

“Livid,” I moaned when he grabbed my breast.

Soon we were both naked, and I realized that angry hate sex is just as amazing as make up sex. I was learning more about sex from my best friend than I ever learned with Pete.

*****

The next morning I woke up cold. I rolled over and Harry was clear across at the bed as far away from me as possible- with most of the blankets.

I rolled over to spoon him. I hiked my leg up to wrap around his waist put he grabbed my knee and pushed it back, “Don’t.” He warned in his tired voice.

“Why not?” I whispered.

“Because I’m still mad at you.”

I rolled away from him and sighed, “Seriously? You know, you were being a twat last night too! I’m not the only one in the wrong here, but apparently I’m the only adult here.”

“Whatever.” He threw the covers off him and grabbed his boxers off the floor and slipped them on. I grabbed up the sheet and used it to cover myself with. He bent down and threw my underwear at me, followed by my bra, “You should get dressed. I’ve got to shower and head to an interview.”

I knew he was mad, but he wouldn’t even look at me. All this over something stupid.

“Are you really going to act like this?”

“Yep,” He said before he slammed his bathroom door.

As I heard the shower start I could feel my eyes sting with tears, so I tried to distract myself with collecting my clothes.

As I left Harry’s room I ran into Louis as his left his room, he has clearly just woken up, “Whoa, are you okay?” he asked noticing my tears.

I whipped my eyes, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

I tried to walk around him, but he stopped me, “You don’t look fine, are you okay to drive?”

“Yes Louis!” I snapped startling him, “Sorry,” I sighed running my hand through my hair, “I just, I have to go.” I tried moving around him again but he grabbed my hand.

“What he do?” He asked softly which just made me want to cry harder.

“He’s just being a tosser.” I pulled my hand from his, “I’ll see you later okay? Have fun at your interview.”

“What interview?” He asked looking really confused.

I just rolled my eyes and scoffed, “Figures.” As I walked out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy!

thanks for the lovely ladies who gave me feedback!
unbroken13, Caitlynnnn, ShawnieRiot, Heartsinruins