You Mean More to Me Than Words Could Ever Say

Chapter 5.

The whole period, Gerard and I didn’t talk. I figured I got seated next to him considering we both had hung around the back, not looking forward to getting seated with a random person. Now that I think back, I was pretty sure he had been one of the last guys standing with me, so it was inevitable that we were going to sit next to each other. Occasionally, I’d see him glare at me from the corner of his eye, and it made me tense up. I really wish he’d fucking stop. He was a total creep, and I still felt odd about earlier when I squeezed past him to get to my seat. My package literally grinded against his back, and as much as I hate to admit it, it wasn’t all that awful. Sure, I felt awkward as hell, but if I could take it back, I wouldn’t. I didn’t think to much of this thought though, and almost ran out of the room as the bell rang. I just wanted to go home.

But, of course, things never go the way I would like them to. Half way out of the door, I was shoved to the right of the hall, into the lockers. My new nose ring smashed against the locker and I cringed. I turned around, coming face to face with Mark. Before I could say anything, he grabbed me by the wrists and pinned them back, his face getting closer. He spit into my face, right between my eyes.

“Arghh,” I groaned. He pulled me away from the lockers and then slammed me back. My head started throbbing. I brought up my leg, kicking him in the shin as hard as I could. Pain angers me and gets my adrenaline going. He grinded his teeth and then shoved me aside, walking away. But I was too pissed off by now. I wiped my face, disgusted, and went after him. I grabbed him by the shoulders and kneed his back as hard as possible. A grunt escaped his lips, as he wobbled out of the way of the passing students and leaned against the lockers, rubbing his back. I ran off into the crowd, not bothering to see if he followed. It would be too late anyway, I was already out the door, starting the walk home.

Once I reached my house, I called up Bob, apologizing for not meeting up with them after school.

“What the hell man!” Bob yelled.

“I’m sorry, I had some trouble with Mark.” He paused, and I heard him shifting positions on his bed.

“What do you mean, ‘trouble’?”

“Mark, er, spit in my face and stuff...so I kicked his shin. Then he walked away but I was too angry so...I kneed him in the back, then ran off, trying to get out of the school. Ah, fuck. I screwed up man! I shoulda just let him beat me!” I rambled.

“Dude, I’m proud of you, you stood up for yourself. Calm down.” I dug the nails of my free hand into my palm.

“No, you don’t understand. He’ll be pissed. I’m screwed. He’s gonna gather all his dipshit airheaded jocks that can pumble me to a pulp and beat the shit out of me, for real this time.” I started shaking, nervously gnawing at my bottom lip at that thought.

“I’ll have your back, dude. I’ll let Ray know. We’ll walk you to every class, and meet you afterwards, that way you’ll never be alone. It may take us a bit to get there, but we’ll be there none the less, before anything can actually happen, okay?” I smiled.

“I love you man.” I said, chuckling.

“Yeah yeah, I love you too, lets not take this too fast.” he joked.

“Oh, but, Robert Nathaniel Corey Bryar, I’m in love with you. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?” I played along. He stifled a laugh, carrying on with the joke.

“Of course Frank Anthony Iero Jr., as long as I get to always be on top.”

“Fuck you, I wear the pants in this relationship.” he lost it, cracking up. I joined in and giggled uncontrollably.

“We’re fucking losers.” he said. I laughed.

“Yeah, but sexy ones.”

“Damn right.” he said, before hanging up. I chuckled. I called Ray, explaining. I told him Bob's plan and he agreed. Afterwards, I dropped my phone on the bed, before going downstairs to get something to eat. Mom wasn’t home so I just popped in a microwave meal of mac n cheese. Surprisingly, I finished it all. My stomach didn’t hurt, and because of this, I was in a better mood than usual. I took an advil, my head still hurt from a dick named Mark.

I plopped down on the couch, watching T.V. until my head calmed down. Eventually, I made my way upstairs to play some guitar. After a couple hours I realized I was in such a good mood, I felt like doing my homework for once. I sat down at my desk, and began on the history essay I had. I started to do the math, but then gave up half way through it. With complete boredom taking me over, I decided to just go to bed, although it was only 9.

X~x~X~x~X

“Frank, hun.”

I groaned and opened my eyes, looking up at my smiling mother. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Instead of feeling groggy and tired as usual, I actually felt alert and awake, considering I went to bed at a decent time.

“Morning mom.” I said, my throat a bit raspy.

“Need some coffee?” I nodded my head. She smiled and left, probably happy since I woke up easily for once. I listened to her foot steps down the stairs. So far, she was in a good mood. I just hoped it could last.

I headed for my shower, taking my time in there. Once I was out I threw on dark faded jeans with holes at the knees and a white Black Flag tee with a long sleeved black shirt underneath. I grinned in the mirror, this had always been a favorite outfit of mine. My bangs were getting long, they hung just above my mouth now. I had recently trimmed my hair, but avoided my bangs, since I was started to like them long. I grabbed my bag and ran downstairs. My mom was in the bathroom. She left out a bagel, an orange, bacon, and my coffee. I knew I couldn’t eat it all, so I threw the orange and half the bagel away. I especially threw away the bacon, considering last week I saw a farming animal cruelty video, and was trying out being a vegetarian. I grabbed my coffee mug and the remaining food and ran out the door. I didn’t want to see her get mad.

At school, after history, Mark and his friend started to approach me, but when they saw Ray and Bob walk towards me, they walked away, shooting me looks that could kill. I shrugged it off and went with my ‘bodyguards’, with them sticking to my side all day. The first thing to ruin my mood today was art. I walked into the class to find that Gerard was in his seat, but with the chair pushed out farther than yesterday. He was drawing in a little black leather sketch book, not paying attention to me. I squeezed past him, as fast as I could, but still managed to press my package against his back, rougher than yesterday. Because of his chair being pushed out farther than before, it was impossible not to. I felt a blush creeping onto my cheeks as he awkwardly coughed. The awkwardness was so thick and apparent.

I sat in my seat, stealing a glance at his sketch, my eyes widening as I looked it over. He had drawn a comic book character of some sort. The detail was stunning. I looked up to his face, and glued my eyes to his lips, where a smirk was frozen there. I looked up to his eyes, as he concentrated on the drawing. Suddenly, he slid his eyes over to meet mine, not moving his face. I froze, mentally smacking myself for getting caught. I parted my lips, but I had nothing to say.

“Can I help you?” He asked, that smirk never leaving his lips. The question didn’t come out sarcastic, but instead kind of...seductive? I flickered my eyes from his drawing and then back to his face.

“No...I, well, I just liked your drawing.” I said, not very confidently. I don’t know why I was bothering with this creepy guy that had a bad attitude. After the last time we talked, I felt very intimidated by him. I prepared myself for whatever snide comment he was about to make. Before he could respond, someone interrupted us.

“Hey Frank you fucking faggot, just fuck him already!”

I turned to look at the person who said it, finding it was Mark. I gave him a dirty look, shocked someone would say that. I’ve never been called a fag before. I stared at him, surprised. Gerard however, didn’t even flinch. He casually glanced at the kid, staring him down, that smirk coming across his lips.

“Would you like to join?” the words came out so calm and casual, I stared at Gerard amazed. He held his gaze, glaring at him. Mark's friends looked at him, with an expectant gaze as to what he would say.

Gerard was growing impatient. Mark stared dumbly at him, before deciding what he would say.

“Hell no, I ain’t no faggot!” he said, his voice raising.

"Are you sure about that?" Gerards reply was so calm it was almost as if he wasn't really in this conversation, and instead was talking to someone else.

I bit my lip and slid my eyes towards Mark. I could feel a tension in the air. Any second I was expecting Mark to throw his chair back and bellow like a gorilla , beating his chest and roaring before smashing Gerard in the face.

I glanced around the room and realised that everyone was watching us, waiting for his reply. Mark noticed, and the thought of everybody seeing him as the victim caused him to hesitate. Everyone took this as an answer of "No, I'm gay." and turned away and started whispering. Even Mrs. Adams arched her eyebrows. Gerard continued to watch Mark, analysing his every move. He gave a sly grin as he realised that his face was burning up with rage, red flooding through his face.

Mark stormed out of the class room, and slammed the door. He wasn’t used to this. Everyone started murmuring. Gerard looked over at me with his smirk, before winking and then returning to his drawing. I sat there, staring at him, amazed. He was definitely worth knowing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woohoo for long chapters! Thanks for all the comments and whatnot!<3 I think this is my favorite chapter yet, what are YOUR thoughts?(: