Status: Let me know if you want me to continue! :) x

Twisted Life

03.

Paul’s Point of View

Today’s the day; I barley slept at all last night. I’ve waited almost eighteen years to meet her, so why am I so nervous now? Of course I’ve seen pictures of her growing up and such, but to meet in person; that’s something completely different. What if she doesn’t even like me? I don’t know if I could handle my own daughter hating me. I hope she’s okay with me not coming to pick her up from the airport; the boys have an important interview this afternoon that I couldn’t get the time off. After all, she is spending about three weeks on tour with us; I’m sure we will have plenty of bonding time. I really hope she gets on with the boys. I don’t know what I’d do if she didn’t, the boys play such a huge role in my life as well…

All these thoughts raced through my head as I walked down the hall to get the boys. I opened the door to their dressing room only to find all five boys sitting chatting amongst themselves. I almost feel like taking a picture, this is such a rare sight; no yelling, screaming or movement. I just sat back for a minute to watch this once in a life time sight before me until remembering why I came here in the first place.

“Alright boys gather round!” I yelled. The boys immediately brought up from their conversations to look up at me.
“So I have a bit of an announcement for you guys; my daughter Crissie will be coming on tour with us for the next three weeks while she is on winter break.”
“But Paul, you don’t have a daughter…” Liam said slowly. The boys all looked at me with odd expressions on their faces. I sighed; I was hoping they wouldn’t ask any questions so I wouldn’t have to explain the whole situation to them.

“Almost eighteen years ago I was with a woman back in Ireland. She was a tourist from Canada and we had a brief affair, only to find out later that she was actually married at the time. I didn’t really give it a second thought until about three weeks later when I got a phone call telling me I was going to be a father. I obviously wanted to be part of the child’s life, but she would not allow it. I tried for years and years, not wanting to go through the courts. About a month ago I was finally fed up; I demanded to see my daughter, or I was bringing this to the courts. The mother was a little apprehensive but agreed to let Crissie come visit me during her winter break.” After I finished my explanation of what happened the boys just looked around in silence; no one wanting to be the one that spoke first. Finally Harry broke the silence.

“Wait, so she’s seventeen? Or Eighteen?” Harry asked with cheeky grin. Liam swatted his arm.
“I don’t think it matters much how old she is. We will treat her with as much respect as we treat Paul.” Liam responded with a glare towards Harry.

“Thank you Liam. And on that note I want to make one thing clear right from the start; there will be no funny business with her. You will not make sexual jokes or references to or about her. You will not look at her in any other way as you would look at a sister. You will treat her with respect and lastly, you will NOT get involved with her in any romantic way. Are we clear?” I looked around to see all five boys nodding their heads in understanding.

“So when is she coming here?” Niall piped up.
“She will arrive at the motel sometime this afternoon. After your interview I’m going to take her out to super so we can talk. I really hope it goes well…” I wondered out loud.
“Of course it’s going to go well Pauly! You’re great; she’ll love you for sure!” Louis added cheerfully. I really hope that’s true, I really do.

“Yeah so when do we get to meet her?” Zayn spoke up. I’ve thought about this, but I don’t want to overwhelm her right away with introducing her to the boys.
“Probably tomorrow night we could all go out to some restaurant after the show yeah? A get to know you boy’s dinner.”

There was a sudden knock on the door. I looked at the boys knowing who it might be. They all gave me small smiles of encouragement. I took a deep breath and went to open the door.
There she was, after all this time I get to see my daughter in person and boy did she look pissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
We are currently working on chapter 4, so it will be up shortly! <3