Status: Let me know if you want me to continue! :) x

Twisted Life

02.

Crissie’s Point of View

I can’t believe this. I thought to myself as I was standing in line waiting to board the plane. It was an hour ride to the airport; my parents tried to make small talk on the way but it wasn’t working. How do you just keeping something like this from your daughter and expect her to be okay with it?
Finally, it was my turn to board the plane; my mom looked at me with tears in her eyes, and my father’s eyes full of pity. I suppose I should hug them, tell them I love them and all that crap. But I won’t. I simply waved to them as I walked on to the plane.
When I finally found my seat in first class I didn’t even bother to look around. I pulled out my cellphone and texted my best friend Kristyn to tell her what was going on; she called me less than ten seconds after I sent her the message.

“What the fuck dude!” She yelled through the phone.
“Tell me about it. I don’t know anything about this guy; for all I know he could be some serial killer and my parents just shipped me off to live with a murderer for three weeks.”
“Where is he from? What’s his name? Is he married? Does he have kids?” She started firing questions my way.

“Dude I don’t even know if he has other kids or a wife… or a husband. My mom did say he was from Ireland though. His name is Paul Higgins…” There was silence from the other end of the phone.
“Paul Higgins. As in the Paul Higgins? As in the same Paul Higgins that is One Direction’s body guard and tour manager?” She screamed excitedly. Of course I have already considered this, but there is no way that that I could get that lucky, it was probably just a coincidence that they had the same name.
“What are the chances of that happening? There must be thousands of Paul Higgins in Ireland.” I replied sadly.
“Yeah, you’re probably right. But could you imagine if he was? You would meet ONE DIRECTION!” She squealed into the phone. I sighed.

I’m a huge One Direction fan and would die to meet them, but the chances are slim to none. We said our goodbyes after a few more minutes, not wanting the long distance talking charges. After a while I felt my eyes starting to drift together; it has been a long day after all I thought just before falling off into peaceful slumber.

I woke up to the sound of the flight attendant announcing we were almost there. I began to get extremely anxious. I knew I was shaking but I couldn’t be bothered to stop.
After landing I exited the plane and started to look for my luggage. I found it almost right away for once and stood there awkwardly for ten minutes. I don’t even know what this guy looks like; my parents gave me his cell phone number, so I decided to try calling that. Someone picked up after four rings.
“Hello?” A man with a deep voice answered. I could hear the Irish accent through the phone.
“Hi… This is Crissie, the plane just landed and I’m here just waiting with my luggage and I don’t really know what you look like or anything, so I’m just kind of standing here waiting…” I rambled on. Great, he must think I’m a freak that can’t shut up.
“Oh sorry about that! I got caught up with work stuff and couldn’t make it to the airport so I sent someone there to pick you up. He should be there by now; he has a sign with your name on it…”
I started to look around, noticing a man holding a bright yellow sign that had ‘Crissie Nichols’ written on it. Immediately feeling like a fool, I started to walk towards the man.
“Okay I see them, thanks.”
“No problem! I need to get back to work, see you honey.” The line disconnected.

What a jerk! He can’t even be bothered to show up at the airport to pick up his own daughter that he has wanted to see for almost eighteen years! I walked up to the man with the sign and tried to smile and be polite; it’s not his fault my father is an asshole after all.
“Hi, I’m Crissie!” I smiled up at the man. He had to be almost seven feet tall and buff; he probably weighed close to 400 pounds of pure muscle.
“Hello Crissie I’m Brad. How was your flight?” He asked politely, taking my bags. I wasn’t about to object, my bags must weigh thirty or forty pounds each!
“It was good; I slept through most of it though.” I replied.

It was silent for most of the drive, only making small comments on things like scenery and the weather. We finally pulled up to this expensive looking hotel. There must have been at least three hundred girls outside the hotel doors screaming waving signs everywhere. It couldn’t be… I thought to myself, quickly realising that these girls were here for One Direction. My heart started to speed up. This can’t be happening, please don’t let this be a dream and if it is don’t let me wake up please.