Status: This story might be slow, I have a few chapters written up but its in dire need of some editing so bear with me :D

Heavily Broken

Chapter Three

“What did you just do James? Are you crazy, high even? What’s going on with you? First, you leave me here alone and when you finally come home you do this? Are you out of your mind? You know that it's just going to piss him off more.” I fired angrily. James ignored all my questions.

“Listen to me Elle, I’ve thought hard about this. For the longest time,” he said after staying quiet for so long. But before he could continue, Kevin started pounding on the door and screaming, “Open this god damn door now, you son of a bitch. Open right now, you cowardly bastard!” James ran to the closet and pulled out a small black duffel bag. He passed the duffel bag to me.

“What is this James?” I shouted over all the shouting and pounding of Kevin.

“I want you to take this bag, inside there’s a lot of money, money I've been saving for you and I to leave. There's a prepaid phone inside with the number on the back. I added some toiletries and an extra pair of t-shirt's and jeans. One for each. It isn't that heavy for you to carry. I want you to leave this hellhole, Elle. I promised you we were going to leave this place one way or another and I’m not about to break that promise to you.” James told me. I stared at him in confusion while I tried to digest everything my brother was telling me. I stared at the bag then back at my brother. What was he doing?

“What about you? Aren’t coming too?” I asked him with my eyes wide and full of fright. Kevin started to break the door down while screaming and cussing. I was surprised it held as long. The cracks where getting wider, fast.

“No. I’m going to meet you later on, don't worry about me you just take this bag and go run as far away as you can. Don't stop for any reason. When I leave I'll call you on the cell phone in the bag and we'll meet up with each other, I promise, Elle. I love you. You’re the best little sister a brother could ask for.” I stood up and embraced him hard and long not wanting to let go. I was scared for him. I then kissed him on the cheek, my tears leaving a stain on his cheek. James helped me out the window and onto the fire escape.

"Wait, Elle!" I turned around to face him, in his arms he held the guitar he bought me for my ninth birthday. It wasn't in the best condition but it was gift from James and I loved it with all my heart. He passed it to me and I slung it over my shoulder.

"Take this with you. Remember, never to let your passion go to waste. Fight for your dreams. I love you so much, Giselle. Never forget that." I hugged him once more through the window. I heard a loud bang and looked back inside and saw the door in bits and pieces. He has succeeded in breaking it fully. Kevin was standing in the doorway clutching a meat mallet, his hair devilish and his eyes full of anger. James looked at the window and saw me still standing there on the fire escape.

“Run, Elle! Now, run far and don’t ever look back. I'll see you soon.” James yelled at me. I listened to James and ran down the stairs, behind me I heard Kevin and James yelling and things breaking. I really wanted to turn back but remembered James’s words and kept running. I couldn't run very fast because my body hurt from what Kevin did to me, but that didn’t stop me from going on. I suddenly felt it drizzle before the rain came down hard.

'Oh great, what else?' I thought to myself.

I slowed down when my sides hurt too much to go on, practically screaming for me to stop and I was out of breath. I was lost and aching all over and on top of that it was pouring harder. As I tried to find out where I was, it started lightening making it too bright enough to see around. I noticed a broken down, deserted house. I decided to stay there until it stopped raining.

It took me some time to get the old door to open but I finally succeeded. It was dark and eerie inside and though I was scared, I still continued to enter. It was quite drafty and the air was damp and moist. It had a weird smell to it also. A creak upstairs startled me. I looked toward where I heard the noise but pushed the thought that someone else was in the creepy, empty house out of my mind hoping it was just a rat.

I was too wet and cold to care. There was an old dusty, stained couch in the living room but I decided against sleeping on it. I walked further into the room and sat down in the far corner. I hugged my knees close to my chest, hoping they would warm up a little. I wanted to stay up and wait for James to call but I lost the battle with my eyelids to stay up and I closed my eyes and fell into a dark, dreamless slumber.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't forget to comment and subscribe! :D