Status: Active<3

Nothing Will Last in This Life

Walk

Courtney's POV

I was standing on the side of the stage gripping the microphone in my hand. I still couldn't believe what Matt was making me do. Maybe if I was doing this 2 weeks ago, I would be excited. Donna came over to me and put a hand on my shoulder, "You'll do fine, Court."

Things between me and her haven't really changed but, she's still trying. I was too, it was hard. I gave her a nod, and Kylie grinned. "Dude, show the guys how it's done!"

That made me chuckle and Matt started to talk to the audience. "Alright guys, I got a special girl that is going to sing this next song for us. Anyone in this house tonight know Pantera?" The whole crowed cheered and Matt looked over at me, "Well, I would like you guys to meet, Courtney. She's a huge fan of Pantera so, I thought it would be perfect for her to sing this song."

There was cheers as I walked out onto the stage. Matt grabbed my hand and guided me to the center in front of a riser. He smiled at me and then at the crowd, "Why don't you say hi to this lovely crowd?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and put my brave face on. I looked out at insane crowd in front of me. "How the fuck are you guys doing tonight?!" They all screamed in response.

Matt gave me smile in approval. "Alright, this song is called Walk! If you know it, sing along! Gates kick this shit!" The riff started and my stomach was doing flips. Matt patted my shoulder and I nodded.

I took a deep breath and Matt nodded at me which meant is was my Que to sing. "Can't you see I'm easily bothered by persistence. One step from lashing out at you. You want in to get under my skin and call yourself a friend. I've got more friends like you, What do I do?"

Since I can't scream for shit, Matt sang the "Is there no standard anymore!" part and gave me a smirk and I felt the adrenaline pumping through my veins. I continued on, "What it takes, who I am, where I've been belong. You can't be something you're not. Be yourself, by yourself. Stay away from me. A lesson learned in life, known from the dawn of time."

Matt, Brian, Zacky, and I all sang the chorus together.

"Res-pect! Walk!"

"What did you say?"

"Re-spect! Walk!"


I was breathing heavy and everyone was cheering. I couldn't help but let a smile form onto my lips. My heart was beating really fast and adrenaline was still pumping through my veins.

Matt gave me a hug as did the rest of the guys except Jimmy since he was behind his drum kit. Matt raised my arm up in the arm, "Now that was some hardcore fucking singing!"

Everyone else cheered and I walked back past the curtain as the began Bat Country. Donna and Kylie pulled me into a hug, "Oh my god! That was amazing!" Donna screamed in my ear.

I let go off them, "Thanks. I felt like I was on cloud 9 out there."

Kylie smiled and nodded, "Exactly why the boys are on tour for 2 years at a time. You can't get em off of the road."

Once the guys finished we all met them in a room backstage. Matt walked through the door and I was expecting him to go cool down but, he took me by surprise and pulled me into a hug. He let go and leaned down. His lips crashed against mine and everyone was giving cat calls. That made me roll my eyes.

Matt pulled away and rested his forehead against mine, "That was amazing."

"Thanks." I smiled and he wrapped his arm around my waist. Zacky took his shirt off and tossed it on Donna, "EW! You sick fuck!" She tossed it back to him and he grinned.

Jimmy was now drinking a nice cold beer, "Let's hit the bar and get hammered, dudes!" Everyone agreed except Matt and I. We decided just to let them go and we would go back to the bus.

Just as they were about to leave, Donna stopped me. "Courtney, we gotta talk soon." She said and I sighed knowing she was right.

I nodded, "We can tomorrow." She smiled and walked out with the rest of the guys. Matt grabbed my hand, "Let's just relax together." He said while giving me one of those dimple filled smiles. I agreed with him and headed back to the bus.

The dogs were sleeping in their doggy beds and Matt went to take a quick shower. I sat on the couch and put the TV. I flicked threw the channels and decided to just leave it on a movie. So many thoughts were running through my head. Each one had to do with Matt.

He's been here for me every step of the way since my incident a couple weeks ago. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't of made this much progress. Through all of the chaos, I'm not ashamed to say that I fell for him. In the beginning, I had a crush on him but, somehow along the way that crush turned into something more.

A yawn escaped my lips and before I knew it my eyes closed. Sleep overtook me and I was later woken up by the dogs barking. I felt warm arms wrapped around me, "Shut it!" The voice commanded and I opened my eyes to see Matt's arms wrapped around me.

A smile formed on my lips and Matt sighed, "Sorry they woke you." I shrugged, "It's fine. I didn't mean to fall asleep."

He pushed a stray piece of hair behind my cheek, "You needed it. You barely get sleep anymore." Which was true, I was afraid of having nightmares from the attack. Silly, I know.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed, "You know I would of never gotten this far if it wasn't for you."

Matt rubbed my arm soothingly, "No, you did it yourself, Courtney. You're a strong girl and you got through it! I just was here along the way to help."

"And I'm thankful for that." I said while leaning up and kissing his cheek. I was about to pull away but, he cupped my face. His lips crushed against mine and his tongue slid across my bottom lip asking for permission. Once I gave it to him, his tongue explored my mouth. I let my hands go the back of his neck.

Before we knew it, it turned into a full blown out make out session. I was complaining though. I loved kissing Matt. It made me feel like it was just us alone on the planet.

He finally broke the kiss so, we could breathe. I leaned my head back on his shoulder and he leaned his head on mine. Matt laced his fingers through mine, "Courtney will you.."

I raised my head so I could look into his hazel eyes, "Will I what?"

Matt seemed to get nervous, "Will you go on a date with me?"

For some reason, I felt like that wasn't what he was going to ask me. A smile formed on my lips none the less. I nodded, "When?"

"Tomorrow. We don't have a show, I'll take you somewhere nice." He said while smiling at me and rubbing the back of my hand with his thumb.

My heart beat started to accelerate, "You don't have to.."

He nodded, "I want to."

I looked back into his eyes to see he really wanted this and I kind of did too so, I nodded. "Okay." He smirked and pecked my lips. "You won't regret it." I didn't think I would.

Before any of us could say anything else, the door opened and Jason Berry was helping Jimmy in. All of the others were following close behind. They all stumbled onto the bus.

Jason let Jimmy fall on the floor, "Have fun with them." He grinned sarcastically, "Donna and Jimmy have been puking the whole way home."

Matt grimaced, "Great. Thanks for getting them back here, JB." Jason gave him a nod and said a quick goodbye. Kylie wasn't that bad so, she took Zacky to bed. Johnny was groaning on the floor.

His face turned pale and I ran to the kitchen area to get the waste basket. I didn't make it in time because there was now puke on the floor next to the couch. Pinkly and Charlie started to lick it.

Matt's eyes widened, "Pinkly! Charlie! No bad!" I gagged a little in my mouth and I watched Brian and Donna stumble in the bathroom. Jimmy was talking about some girl or something.

I looked at Matt, "I'll clean the.. puke up. You make sure Jimmy doesn't puke on the floor. Oh, and check on the others." He nodded and I sighed. Tonight was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY.... updated! ♥ It's kind of a filler type one, I guess? I don't even know but, I do know that this story has about 5-7 chapters left. New banner/layout! I just touched it up a little bit.

Thanks to the lovely people who left comments on the previous chapter:
JustThinking
Marinesister92
A7xMeredith15
CrazyPebbles21
CiaraVengeance
loINve
You guys are amazing, thanks for sticking with me!